Visited these apts for 2 weeks in July with our 2 teenage kids. Overall they are fab. couldnt really fault them. the biggest drawback for us was the outdoor pool. It was 8ft deep down to 5ft but you were out of your depth within one step so completely no good if you couldnt swim which my husband cant. It took away from our holiday. Nobody else mentioned this in other reviews and we would not have booked if we had known. Also you are not allowed play any ball games in the pool or use any inflatables in either the big pool or kiddies pool.
We went to the beach every day instead as we couldnt use the pool. Sun beds down there were 10euro a pair for a full day and 7euro a pair for half day, so we had to spend quite a bit on beds but fab breeze at beach so worth it really.
Big plus also you dont need to bring towels. You can give a deposit of 10euro per towel and you will be refunded completely when you return towels. and they can be changed in the laundry twice a week for clean towels. This was never mentioned either in previous reviews.
Nicest beach I was ever on. You can walk the complete way into Praia de Rocha which has a stunning beach complete with sports section ie. basketball court, volleyball nets, soccer nets etc.
If you like walking this location is ideal. Fab cliff walk to the right of the apts, well worth walking it.
Eating out - Vagabond restaurant in Alvor by far the best, Il Timone great for takeaways and very good for sit down meal, but not many people in there which is just out the beach gate and turn left. Most of the restaurants are fab anyway.
If you want a sea view def ask for floor 3 or 4. we were on 2 but didnt have view. we didnt care really.
Kids entertainment - Table tennis, pool table in bar and also at pool bar. Fab full size snooker table inside with fab leather seating. very classy indeed. My son loved it. Real treat.
Overall would recommend these apts but pool a big problem for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right in Praia do Vau beach, 3.5km from Portimão centre and 2km from the entertainment area of Praia da Rocha. Jardim do Vau consists of 131 elegantly furnished apartments, which are composed of one and two bedrooms, equipped with kitchen (kitchenette in the one bedroom units) and balconies with sun beds. Facilities include 24 hour Reception, Outdoor Swimming Pools, Restaurant, Cocktail Bar, Pool Bar (summer), Mini Market, Junior Club (from May to September), Conference Rooms, Atlantic Club with Indoor Heated Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna, Changing Rooms and Natural Solarium. Free Parking available. Additional services: Restaurant Pool bar Cocktail Bar Mini-Market Hairdresser Fitness Room, Sauna and steam room Snooker Babysitting Ping Pong Volleyball Junior Club Playgroung Meeting Rooms Library Indoor heated swimming pool Outdoor swimming pools Wi-fi in public areas The two bedroom apartments, with a big furnished balcony, have one double bed in one bedroom and two single beds in the other bedroom. It features two bathrooms, separated and fully equipped kitchen, living and dining room. It has satellite tv, safe (€), telephone, hair dryer, iron and board. The one bedroom apartments have a furnished balcony, two single beds in the bedroom, dining and living room, fully equipped kitchenette, bathroom satellite tv, safe (€), telephone, hair dryer, iron and iron board. All apartments are daily cleaned. The sheets and towels are changed twice a week or according to client's request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jardim do Vau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jardim Do Vau Hotel Praia Da Rocha
- Jardim Vau
- Jardim Do Vau Praia Da Rocha, Portugal - Algarve