“Could be better”

Restaurante Rodizio Gauchos
Ranked #3 of 390 Restaurants in Matosinhos
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Description: The best Gaucho food awaits you in Matosinhos. And every hello, we offer a smile. Come on!
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Been here after longing for Brazilian babercue and had a bad experience. The place was empty and we were seated in the first table right near the door. The first question I asked the waiter was: Do you have traditional chicken hearts? Yes we do. Ok, we settled in, they brought us the appetizers, drinks and started bringing the meat. Over cooked meat and tasteless, even the “picanha”, 40 min later I asked about the chicken hearts again, the answer was: they are coming. 1:20h I had to ask again... That’s when they put in the grill, 5 min later the chicken hearts arrived completely raw!! I ate 1 because they were raw! The bill was very expensive and we found better and cheaper places to eat Brazilian barbecue nearby. To finished the disastrous night. I felt very sick during the night. Never again! Do not recommend.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

After reading the reviews I thought it would be a nice place to visit as I like steak and live music.. however,
they did NOT speak English and made no effort to explain the menu to us. They kept pointing to one item on the menu saying it’s the best so I felt pressured into ordering the special. My partner decided not to have anything thinking she could share my meal. It came out bit by bit sampling the thinnest and tiniest of different meats that were over cooked and highly over seasoned with a bowl of rice and some black beans in a black pot. We noticed that the restaurant waiter had persuaded all the customers to order the same special! If you are looking for a decent meal please avoid this place it’s false advertising, no communication from the staff and a very poor meal choice. But we did laugh though the whole night until UBER saves us

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank V6761HUjohnm
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We came for what we thought would be a great evening based on the reviews. Frankly, it was rubbish - I wonder if they write their own reviews! Poor quality - mostly over cooked meat in an empty restaurant! A completely atmosphere free zone. The worst meal we had in 2 weeks in Portugal - by far.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank BathandPompey
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere, super friendly staff and super tasty food at fair prices! I will be back :) super recommend!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Quiet environment. Good localization. Good presentation. We are the business menu (rodízio). The food was good but average quality as anyone would expect from a normal Brazilian restaurant. It was ok for a business lunch. Great appetizers thou!

Date of visit: January 2018