“A very nice Hotel not fare from the airport.”

TRYP Porto Expo Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Matosinhos
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I was visiting the hotel in the end of March 2013. The weather in Portugal was not very nice at this time, because of a cyclon out in the Athlantic which generated rain, wind and fog over Portugal at that time. 16 degrees C was not a temperature for using the outdoor pool at the hotel. They hadn`t filled up the pool yet. So my bading shorts I didn`t use. I minus for not water in the pool :-) But I couldn`t have used it because of the weather after all.

Taxi from airport I paid 15€. You are not going to pay more than 10-15€ for a taxi. Remember they only take cash €.

The hotel is very modern in design inside. Nice peoples working there, good service. Clean everywhere.

The room was very nice. Big double room with a very nice bath. TV, minibar, WiFi internet with a code and password you will get from the informationdesk. You can open the window, or use the temperature regulator on the wall in the room. The bed was nice and solid. Very good for my bad back.

You can get a lock to the roomsafe from the informationdesk.

The breakfast was very nice with hot and cold food. And a lot of "cookies" to the coffee :-) Clean breakfast area. You could see into the kitchen, which I think was very positive. The kitchen was also very clean.

Parkingspace outside the hotel. A small shopingsenter and eating places over the street.

The roomprices was ok to. The location was a little bit outsaid the centrum of Porto.

I will definitive stay the again when I am visiting my supplyer in Porto!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Managment_TPE, Gerente de relações com clientes at TRYP Porto Expo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for the preference you showed on choosing the Tryp Porto Expo for your recent stay in Porto and for taking the time to post your opinion.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I had to stay for 2 nights in this hotel while I was in transit. The hotel is closer to the city and the Leixoes port area. Choice of food is average but teh helping is very sad. I ordered a Salmon dish and was left hungry at the end. Morning breakfast was quiet a spread - however the staff had not labelled the food and I was wondering which pot has hot water and which has coffee. Then there were 3 jugs of milk and I could not figure out which is which ! On asking the waitress, I finally was able to zero in on the cold soya milk and it was yummy. There was a large spread of bakery produce to choose from.
Close to the hotel is the Jumbo Mall - abt 1 km walk.Its got decent shopping and a huge IKEA.
Bus to the city is 601 which is just round the corner. Takes 1.80 € to reach the city centre.
Dont miss the port wine tasting. Its a lovely experience. Staff was courteous, however the room delivery charges are 4 € per trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the elevator - other wise there is decent walk towards the room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Stayed in the Tryp Porto Expo for two night beginning of September 2012 while visiting Porto for business.

The hotel is a modern, no frills business hotel, not very far from the airport, the beaches and the port. The historical downtown of Porto itself seems to be a bit further away. The front desk staff is friendly and fluent in English. The room was functional and value for money. The only disappointment was the security box in my room which wasn't loackable due to the absence of the lock itself.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank thehamburgian
Managment_TPE, Gerente de relações com clientes at TRYP Porto Expo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Reviewed 7 November 2012

the main reason to stay in this hotel is its position. Close to the airport in case of very early flights and close to the exhibition. The receptionists when I arrived were kind of "nervous" that is not so nice after a long working day. Unfortunately the people visiting this hotel are mostly here for business. Average in total, nothing exceptional.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 October 2012

I stayed one night before a flight out of Porto.
The service was good. They also assisted me in printing out my boarding pass. I didn't eat there so can't comment on the restaurant but the location is quite good. Close to the beach and to a shopping center and about 10 - 15 min drive from the airport.
The beds are comfy and I had a lovely lounge chair in my room which was so comfortable to watch tv in. The bathroom was in a good state and they had parking on-site which was handy.
Over-all I had a good few hours there and got a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: My room was very quiet and I didn't choose... was just a standard room I think.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Michelle H

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking time to post your opinion, which surprised us.

We look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future so that you can enjoy the quality of our services.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Managment_TPE, Gerente de relações com clientes at TRYP Porto Expo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Reviewed 2 August 2012

we were within easy walking distance of the beach and shopping centre. Breakfast was good; catering for most tastes. Unfortunately we did not have an evening meal. Hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful; arranging taxis and giving information

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Lorna H
Managment_TPE, Gerente de relações com clientes at TRYP Porto Expo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear Madam,

Best regards,

Guest Experience Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Matosinhos
Hotel Porto Mar
Hotel Porto Mar
#3 of 7 in Matosinhos
Holiday Inn Express Porto-Exponor
Holiday Inn Express Porto-Expono...
#1 of 1 in Leca da Palmeira
TRYP Porto Centro Hotel
TRYP Porto Centro Hotel
#46 of 111 in Porto
Park Hotel Porto Aeroporto

Been to TRYP Porto Expo Hotel? Share your experiences!