“Eaten here several lunch times - fabulous!”
Review of Timon de Roche

Timon de Roche
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We visited this restaurant twice this year (2013) and it was really good. We had lunch - paella was very good and the lamb was cooked exactly as requested. I was absolutely amazed when I logged on to do this review, to find a mixed reaction. We first went to El Timon in june 2006 then january 2010 and last year in May. Perhaps it is different in July/August but if you go at lunchtime as we did (2pm) it was just perfect with great food fabulous view and good service. They have menus in English and I think, in German too. My view is, go and make your own mind up.... But I wouldn't miss it.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I noted the reviews about bad service and was somewhat reluctant to try this restaurant; however, the front desk at our hotel recommended that if we were not going to eat there, to go to the Timon de Roche. It is not easy to find as they were not on my GPS. Roche is not a very big section and the restaurant had a sign on the main north south street designating were to turn to make it to the beach and the Timon. Glad I did we shared an Oti fish which was grilled and excellent. We also had a fresh salad and that was more than enough food for two. We got introduced to the Albarino grape from Galacia in an excellent white whine. The waiter was attentive, spoke excellent English and was most helpful in his recommendations, all of which we followed. It is a friendly place and we met a German couple who visit regularly and had a nice chat with them. Our timing was perfect and we got our main course as the sun was setting (a little after 9PM) so we considered that this was a special dinner. Our waiter told us that in season, the place was a madhouse so I can see why service may be questionable then, but it could not have been better when we were there in early May.

1  Thank maybaum
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

Is not worth the money one can spend there. The views are great but the service is arrogant and not attentive, waiters do not even have knowledge about menue.
Better spend your money somewhere else in Conil.

Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

Really dissapointing. I have to agree with most of the comments made here. The food is really poor quality, the service is just bad and the price too high for what you get. The view is good but you can get the same for free if you walk down to the beach. Avoid it!

1  Thank Ninelegoctopus
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Beautiful view and great food and wine. Special atmosphere.