All reviews san pedro puerto banus the main bus stop dutch owner roof terrace spent four nights spanish town air conditioning thoroughly enjoyed our stay hotel is situated definitely stay here again rooms are clean nice room restaurants and shops location is excellent short stay free wifi
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We saw the Hotel Dona Catalina on the website, it is very central, ideally suited to our requirements for what we did or didn't want to do.
the Hotel is very clean, if not a little basic but just ideal for us. great roof top terrace with sun loungers and tables if you prefer your breakfast Al Fresco.
very nice breakfast room, looks to have being recently refurbished, very light and airy.
tremendous continental breakfast with everything that you might fancy.
even bacon and eggs, eggs tasting like eggs used to do.
very friendly staff. we will be stopping again.
Graham and Sue Thomas

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 668tommo
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I was in Marbella for a wedding, this was a short 2 night stay to change outfits and lay my head but I was so impressed from start to finish with the staff here! Managers were a lovely Dutch couple and they were so friendly and gave me an iron, a really good hairdryer and info on where to eat, ordered me taxis- nothing was too much hassle. I came in late from the festivities and didn’t request a wake up call but the lovely charming male receptionist was worried I’d sleep in and came up to check I was awake! So sweet of him. Sent me off on my drunken ride to the airport with a bottle of water on the house too haha! :) what a sweetie. Would highly recommend this place, it’s very clean and cheap and the staff really impressed :) thanks so much guys! Caroline

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank carolineoconnoc
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Well, what a lovely little hotel. From the minute we entered to the minute we left we felt safe, welcome and part of a unique family. Ian greeted us at reception and welcomed us like long lost friends. The rooms are clean but our bathroom could do with updating, but hey it's great value for money so it wasn't an issue. The continental breakfast had great choice and they offered fried eggs as well as boiled. All in all a lovely hotel for a few days. It has a roof terrace too and they have wine and beer you can purchase to drink whilst chilling in the evening. Thank you Paul and Ian for looking after us so well.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Carolyn B
Reviewed 6 June 2018

This is one of the friendliest hotels in a tourist area I've ever had the pleasure to stay in. Reception staff are a mixture of Spanish, English and Dutch and are very competent and helpful in various languages. They are happy to arrange tourist trips and airport transfers from the desk. Breakfast is excellent value at €7.50 and although there's no bar and no evening meal, there is a well-stocked fridge from which you can select beers and wines and relax with them on the roof terrace, which also sports a gas barbecue. There are lots of good restaurants within a short walk. The rooms are smallish and there's no real 'view', but they're en-suite and very clean with satellite TV. There is no pool, so if you require that facility, look elsewhere. The price I paid for a 2 night stay in early June was €98 inclusive of tax for room only. This establishment I'd have given 5 stars, but it doesn't have the full amenities. However, well worth it if you're considering a week's stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank James F
Reviewed 13 May 2018

First, I want to say how nice the staff was since I do not want the average rating to reflect on them. They were so helpful. The main reason I picked this hotel was so I could use it as a base to go to Gibraltar and some other sights on a car tour I was taking.

The hotel states that they have limited parking and that is true - they have about four spots right outside the door. The issue is that if you do not get one, parking gets harder. The desk clerk told us to try parking in an open lot a few blocks away, but that lot was unpaved and looked like a chop-shop was operating there so we passed. We ended up parking many blocks away on a street that did not restrict overnight parking.

The room was dated but for the price I found it acceptable. The one issue you should note is that the shower was extremely small. I am a slim guy, but anyone that is above average may have a tough time getting in (see the picture).

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple