Arrival - We arrived at the hotel at approx mid-night an the man on reception was lovely and helpful. We were told we could get a drink from the bar and that they would prepare a plate of cold food for us in the restaurant. I thought this was a lovely touch and a great start to the holiday.
Rooms - The rooms are pretty basic but nice and clean. They were cleaned every day and we were provided with plenty of clean towels.
Hotel - The hotel grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Very pretty with all the baeutiful flowers and I love the layout which gives it the feel of a little spanish village.
Pool - Brilliant sized pool and the kids pool is also a good size. Again, it is very clean and well maintained.
Food - Couldn't fault the food at all. There was plenty of choice and something different every day. We travelled as a party of eight and we all enjoyed the food.
Entertainment - My only gripe for this hotel is the fact that it is very much orientated for the French guests. ALL the evening entertainment is in French so we ended up going elsewhere on an evening. It's a shame though as our children would loved to have joined in but because we are English we felt completed excluded. I also found many of the french holiday makers (not all but most) very rude and ill mannered. One of them even told our children to be quiet by saying 'Shushhhh, Shushhhh, Shushhh!!!' when they were playing on the childrens playground!!! I find this completely unacceptable especially given the fact that if he wanted peace and quiet he shouldn't lie right next to a playground!! All other hotels I have stayed in previously have managed to cater for all their guests regardless of what language they speak so I struggle to understand why this hotel can't do the same. Don't get me wrong, we still had a great holiday and the hotel on a whole is very good but the entertainment left us disappointed.
The location of the hotel is great and there are a few bars around the corner and a supermarket which is useful.
The area is lovely and only a short distance into Peurto Banus which is well worth a visit. The market is also very good.
I would definitely go back to San Pedro but would probably look at staying in a different hotel purely based on the entertainment. It's a shame because everything else about the hotel is brilliant. If they could find a way to cater for guests other than those which speak french then for me it would have been the full package.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surroundings where we can enjoy all the beauty of the south, nearby Seville, Granada, Cordoba and Marbella make this the perfect destination to share sensations with friends and family. Located between San Pedro de Alcantara and Marbella, just 24 km from Estepona, and 45 km from Ronda and just 3 km from the famous Puerto Banus. Refurbished in 2008. 211 rooms with air-conditioning (on request), safe rental, bath, shower, toilet. 1 adults pool, 1 children’s pool, pool bar, buffet restaurant, snack bar, Themed Dinner three times a week, Flamenco Show, a magnificent offer for both children and adults. Great additional local amenities and wonderful for golf lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Globales Pueblo Andaluz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Andaluz Hotel San Pedro De Alcantara
- Globales Pueblo Andaluz San Pedro De Alcantara, Costa Del Sol, Spain