“Loved it”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Casita Blanca Apartments
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
Reviewed 29 November 2008

Personally, I loved every minute of my stay at Casita Blanca. Me and my friend were well looked after by the reps, reception and even the bar staff which is always a bonus.

The rooms did get dirty, quickly but I musn't grumble as what do you expect if you're at the beach all day? Cleaning staff could have been a bit more frequent but when they did clean they did it well.

Beds were okay, I don't think I slept on mine for more than about four hours for the duration of the entire holiday.

Location was perfect; close to bus station to get around the island and little over 5 minutes to a 24 hour supermarket and then you're at the beach.

Having done 18-30 and also doing my own thing in Ibiza, I'd say I prefer the latter BUT don't let this put you off as I would do 18-30 again as it's a top laugh and the people you meet you stay in touch with.

• Liked — Reps
  • Disliked — I struggle to find somthing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sean W

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Scotland
Reviewed 28 November 2008

My friend and i went to ibiza for the closing parties aswell as a relaxing little brake. If you want to be at all relaxed or get some sleep,dont go to these apartments. The hostle across the road looked lyk a 5 star compaired to these apartments! You have to request your room to be cleaned or the cleaners wont bother, aswell as tolet roll,towels and bedding are never replaced you must request this!! If you make to much noise the owner shuts your electricity off as punnishment lols although we had our door kickd in the first night,nuthing was done about this. At night cats pee in the pool which isnt very nice lols also there was no gas in the bottled gas for the cooker so we couldnt cook anything while we were there,theres no kettle or toaster but u get 1 fork and a pot lols!! We only paid 210 for the week,but i did expect some basics to b inclueded in this. I found the whole place quite comical to be honest,total joke!
Lets just say i wouldent go bk

• Liked — The peopel
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Sant Antoni de Portmany hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2008

I was pretty horrified after reading some of the reviews for this hotel, but its nowhere near as bad as some people make out!

Its basic. What do you expect for the price you have paid? my friends and I paid £286 for a week, which was our travel and accommodation. Its not going to be the best hotel in the world.

You have to pay a 30 euro deposit when you get there - just like all other 18-30 hotels! It is annoying, but its understandable why they do it in my opinion. The staff are fine, and are pretty helpful. I cut my foot on my first night out and when i came home, they went out of their way to help me with it.

Its pretty handy for the west end, you're only about a ten minute walk from the egg, and its a pretty much a single street.

The hotel room did have its drawbacks - we couldnt figure out how to work the rings of the cooker, but to be honest, we werent bothered enough about it to ask anyone to help, as i'm sure someone would. The rooms dont have air conditioning, but if the heat bothers you that much you can buy a fan. Our room was cleaned every 2nd day. The hotel was cleaned regularly as well - no pizza lying about!! I quite liked that the way the rooms are situated is to make sure that as many of them as possible have a room view.

In summary - dont believe all the bad reviews!! by all means, take a safe - 21 euros with a 10 euro deposit. but dont live in fear that you're going to get broken into, we heard no stories of this happening!!

It is a basic hotel, with no massive drawbacks. The bed was a bit uncomfortable, but everyone has their own preference for this anyway!!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The worries before hand from the bad reviews!!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
glasgow
Reviewed 18 June 2008

I have just returned from a week from hell at the Casita Blanca apartments. Firstly the reps just dropped us off at the end of a random road and told us "its just up there you'll find it no problem" then we had to pay 30 euros upon arrival incase we damaged the room.

The next day the rep came to see us and she was so pushy trying to get us to sign up to all the different excursions. We eventually agreed( just to get her out our room!) to go to Trinity which we were told had bar where drinks were only 1 euro( instead of the you'll pay in the bars) for 3 hours. The ticket cost us 50 euros and we got dragged to 2 different bars before we walked the 20 min walk to Kanya. We waited for 90mins at the bar and still didnt have a drink in our hand plus tim westwood was DJing so we left. It was a complete waste of money and we were completly mislead by our extremley unhelpful rep.

Several apartments got broken into and money and jewllery was stolen and the aparment below us woke up and found 2 spanish men in their room robbing them and end up getting beaten up. Again the reps were notified and nothing was done about it. Our door looked as if it had been broken into several times before.

The bar played the same Cascada cd all day every day and as it was cloudy and raining for most of or holiday we were stuck in the apartment being subjected to this horror!!!

If you are even thinking of sleeping then get yourself a lilo as the beds are awful its like a bit of foam and a lilo will be much more comfortable!!!

We were thrown out our room at 11am when we were under the impression we were to leave by 12. Our flight wasnt untill the sunday morning. We had to put our suitcases in this ramshackle cupboard which we were told would be look..it wasn. The door to this cupboard fell off and landed on a girl's toe taking most of her toe with it. The guy on reception said "oh dear thats a shame" told us it would be 150 euros fo a taxi and went back to reading his paper. The rep eventually turned up and said she couldn't give her any pills and then just went back to her room and we were left to clear up this girl's poor toe and try and get her some help.

All in all it is the worst place i have ever stayed and if you are thinking of going or have booked to go the please dont. I dont know what was worse the apartments or the reps. I am making a formal complaint to club 18-30 about the reps as they were only interested in getting your money and looking down at you if you didnt do the excursions. If you are going dont sign up for anything cos everyone that went said it was the biggest waste of money and they hated every minute of it!!

• Liked — Was close to the West end and the clubs
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank carey08
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2008

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL.
My Sister and Friends are there right now and they have a MOUSE in their room. After speaking to the Thomas Cook Reps 4 times, The cleaners, the receptionist NOTHING has been done!!!!!!!! They just laughed at said when you see it give us a shout and we will put posion on it!!!!!!! Its now been a week

When we went into the Thomas Cook in Glasgow Forge shopping Centre they spoke to the REP at the hotel and said no one complained!?!?!?! Out and Out LIE

Everyones rooms are getting broken into with money and jewellery has been stolen and yet again nothing is being done.......... they are even breaking into the room when they are sleeping in the room. Please Please Please consult your travel agents if you have booked up here.........

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — eVERYTHING
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chelle-G
West Lothian, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2008

I first stayed at the casita in sept 2006 with 18- 30's. Before going i had read some dreadful reviews. However when arriving it was the complete opposite. Pedro on the main desk is lovely and very helpful, as are all the staff in the hotel. Pedro even leant me a travel addaptor when i needed one. The dude behind the bar is very friendly too, he even rememberd me from the year before! The rooms,as they state are basic. You have a safe situated in the cupboard. They have a shower, bday, table and chairs in room and on balcony. Beds are not very comfortable but most like ourselves didnt mind as most of the time you were too drunk to care! The hotel does charge you 30 euros pp on arrival to cover drunken stupidity and damages. I didnt get mine back the first year as some lads we invited over threw kfc off the balcony and our room happened to be above the bar!wasn't a great loss so we wernt too bothered. Drinks and food around the pool are pretty cheap and they have a couple of pool tables just set off from the pool area. The pools area is on two levels so guests liked to jump from the top one into the pool. there was a great party atmosphere at the casita and its the base for 18-30's hotels in that area. We did have a thunderstorm in sept 06 which cut off the electricity, our room also got a bit flooded as the direction the rain was falling in came towards and under our door. Never had any thefts of violence whist staying here in the past two years and would deff recomend it to people who are going to ibiza for a mad holiday. dont go here if you like you cocoa and sleep as you wont get alot! All in all great little place to stay whilst visiting the island!

• Liked — The atmosphere
  • Disliked — Small ish rooms
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends