“The BEST hotel on the island”

Sol Bahia Ibiza Suites
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

I've been to Ibiza maybe 30 times
In the last 10 years and I can safely say for me, this is best hotel on the island. Stayed here the last 5 times now and I will not stay anywhere else on the island. Bartollo and his family are the perfect hosts. The hotel Is is in a great location just 5 mins away from Kanya and Mambo's . Rooms are large , clean and very quaint. If your looking for a good hotel
In San an with no "football shirt" dickheaaaaad's then this is the place. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Jpdeprivation

Reviewed 21 February 2013

The hotel is situated around a 15 minute walk around the bay from Cafe Mambo etc and maybe a 20 minute walk from the west end. This means you get all the peace and quiet and scenary from being away from the mix, but without being detached from it. Rooms are basic, but adequate and spotlessly clean. Walls are paper thin though, so if you're unlucky and get a noisy neighbour it might spoil your stay. You get a little kitchenette, a living room, so you can choose to cater for your own needs if you want. The hotel is situated right on the seafront, and has a great swimming pool. Every evening you get to see the beautiful sunsets that Ibiza is famous for. Top tip for a daytime drink would be the beach bar along the coast if you were to turn right and walk away further from town, its about 15 minutes and is spectacular.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

My partner and myself stayed here for one week, the manager / owner Martollo is one of the nicest people I have met in all my visits to Ibiza (this was my 8th) his wife and daughter work with him and they could not have been more helpful. We both fell on the first night and struggled to walk the rest of the week, he fed us daily (the food is basic but limping to a restaurant was not an option) he even carried the food up to our room one night and really looked after us. I can't imagine still having a good time in any other apartment after falling like that. The pool although small never seemed busy and we got the same 2 beds every day, you are 2 minutes walk from Kazbah, Kanya, and loads of other lovely places to eat and drink. Only problem was that it was very dark at night trying to find the way back if you go along the dirt track that leads to the apartments from kanya etc, this is the reason behind both of us falling, that and a few too many cocktails. The rooms are spacious, the maids seem to come every day and always made our beds and tidied up our clothes etc, I slept well every night as the aircon is very powerful, I even had the woolly cover over me most nights, The view from the pool is amazing too and when we were there in September there was always a good breeze so even though it was 27 degrees I could still sit in the sun all day. This was unfortunately my last year in Ibiza, I am getting to old for it and after buying a house can't afford it but if I won the lottery and could afford to go back and had the option of the most expensive hotel on the island or sol bahia I would choose sol bahia I loved it so much, it really made my last year a good one, injurys and all.

1  Thank kayleigh m
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I stayed here in September with my partner for my first visit to Ibiza. The hotel is in a superb location with ample parking and in a reasonably quiet location despite its close proximity to the Sunset Strip. We paid a superb rate and got a superb apartment with a decent view of the ocean. The staff were pleasant and helpful. Will definately be booking again for next year!

1  Thank tmarks123
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Great location nice and quiet area.
The hotel was very clean and food was good.
The balcony area for each apartment was nice and roomy.
Everything was no trouble for the staff, I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The best rooms are to the front overlooking the poolarea and looking out to the bay.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank alan h
Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

This was my friend and I's second time in Ibiza, and after staying in what could only be compared to a slum last year, we were so relieved about staying in the Sol Bahia apartments.

No complaints at all - the room was spacious, clean, and well equipped with air con. It's a perfect place to get sleep and chill, but is still within walking distance of the sunset strip ie Mambos, Kanya, Savannah etc.

The service was excellent too. The manager was so friendly providing us with drinks during the day at the pool and before we went out, ordering us taxis etc.

Overall, after our stay we said would definately return to sol bahia apartments due to its' location, cleanliness, service and value for money. Also it's worth the extensive research of finding a decent place to stay when you're visiting the beautiful island :)

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I am a regular visitor to Ibiza but this was the first time that I stayed here. The apartments are in a great location, secure with 24 hour reception, clean and friendly. Just around the bend from Cafe del Mar etc and 15 minutes walk from Westend. I will definitely stay here again! I left my phone in a taxi from Ibiza town one night and the man in the reception was very helpful in getting my phone returned to me!

Room Tip: Insist on a room overlooking pool!
1  Thank hansumstranga