“Great locations reps are fab”
Review of Hotel Galera

Hotel Galera
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We returned from hear on the 25th of July Hotel was very basic and old fashioned but clean Cleaner very good always gave use new towels and sheets my friends tipped her 5euro at the end she was over the moon they was 10 people in our group over 4 rooms and no one got anything stolen pep pa the old man on night shift is a pain and snoops around all night even out side the hotel sent uz to bed a few times but we told the reps they sorted it for Use Never made it to breakfast so can't comment. Pool small but all u need we spent are time at regga regga beach defo recommend it there just a short boat taxi away Hotel is perfect location shop just 1 min away Night clubs about 3 mins away defo worth it for the location reps were fantastic jade Gary and matt we got 3 nights out of them and all worth there money shower smelly which was the water other wise defo book hear for a bed to sleep in If u want a smart moden hotel stay away but tbh none of the hotels were smart and modern all just looked the same We met some amazing ppl which made are holiday more fun

Room Tip: 305 was a good room no view but ok
There are newer reviews for Hotel Galera

Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Spent 6 nights here and was a place to host my hangover the pools small but brings everyone together and bar reasonably priced i enjoyed it if ur on 18-30 what else do you expect? It's clean basic but friendly and location is absolutely brilliant the little Mexican restaurant outside is amazing hope you enjoy your stay i did!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank kingy268
Reviewed 21 July 2013

A 30 year old guy and his youngish wife off for a good 18-30s rave :)You see the reviews about things being stolen and think people only write the bad stuff, trust me believe it, the hotel itself is great and is in a ideal location from the west end and beach but the old guy is to be watched, often caught in peoples rooms and reports from young girlsof money stolen when he is about and then becoming agressive when challanged ( i saw this for myself). One key fits all so dont bother with the safe, and you think your ok in your room with a dead bolt nope the key opens that too. Make it clear you know what your doing and report anything to the reps who are cool. Its not all bad i strongly recomend the Hedkandi Sunset Cruise simply awesome and you meet some characters around the pool, i sure did. Ps dont bother with breakfast unless you like last years bran flakes.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor rooms are bigger with 3 beds and have 2 balconies for better air flow in the...
1  Thank Cem D
Reviewed 12 July 2013

just stayed here for one week.
after reading some reviews before i went i expexted to be robbed by the old boy pepe and feared the worst of this hotel but to be honest we had no problems at all. clean towels every day the maid offered to clean are rooms every couple of days but we turned her away mainly because we had only just got in from the night before. best advise i can give isto lock all your valuables away in your suitcase before going out all spending money and speakers etc or rent the safety depoist box from the hotel which we did. if your still worried about your money going missing then take travellers checks its the safest way. rooms are very basic with no fridges or cookers just basically a place to sleep,shower, pre drink and get changed. also has no aircon but has a fan directly above your bed. pool area is small but bearable and only about a 5-10 mins from the beach anyway. be polite to paco the bar man and he'll sort you out with some free drinks/shots. would'nt recommend doing the reps package either they come to your room straight upon arrival trying to pressure you into it. we basically pied them off went to the westend where the ticket stalls are and the guy talked is though all the events which was happening that week and did are own thing which i strongly recommend or you will miss some big nights which ibiza is all about. all in all was good value for money.

1  Thank reddevils22
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed here for one week and the room was cleaned TWICE in that week, no toilet rolls no clean towels or bed sheets! Me and my friend also came home from a night out on the second night no realise ALL our spending money had been stolen. 1200 euros, iphone4, speakers from the balcony and our camera. When we told the receptionist about this he pretended he could not understand us and freaked out(would not phone the police either) so people please lock up your cases before u go out and don't use the safes the staff have keys to everything. Also a few people staying there at the time had said they woke up during the night to find 'Pepe' the old guy at reception creeping around their rooms. Absolute disgrace!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Bronagh93
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I have just got back from a week away staying in this hotel, and overall my stay was good.
I would recommend this hotel if you just want somewhere to crash and get ready. It is very basic, no fridge or cooker, which if I go again I would look for a hotel with them facilities as it makes it a lot cheaper!
The room only got cleaned once in the week we stayed there, but for what you pay you can't really expect more, and we did get fresh towels every day.
Staff were friendly and helpful. We couldn't get into our room once as the lock seemed faulty, but the staff sorted it straight away.
We didn't make breakfast so can't comment on that, but apparently it's cereal, toast, crossiants and orange juice.
Pool area was small, but seemed clean.
Neither me or my friend had anything stolen, but we did hear of one group getting a lot of money stolen. Just make sure you have a lock on your case at all times.
Irrelevant to the hotel, but I wouldn't go with 18-30's again as the reps are just pressurising and the package deal is a rip off! Do your own thing.
Overall, a good hotel to stay, just be respectful and keep your stuff locked away and you'll be fine!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Happyholidaays
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Im just back from staying in the Galera for 7 nights, we didn't check trip adviser unfortunately before we went. The hotel was very basic but our room was big enough for 2 19 year old girls to stay. At the beginning of our trip everything was great, reps were very friendly and the hotel staff seemed friendly enough, however the 4th night was when it all went wrong. After drinking in our hotel room me and my friend hit the west end around 1am, locked our door and the balcony door, having the key with us we thought our room would be fine. We returned at around 7am, opened our door with our key, i went and opened my suitcase to get my pj's for bed to find my pure had been emptied in my suitcase and £600 spending money gone, after telling my friend she couldn't find her purse either, it was left in the bathroom floor emptied, another £600 stole, My iphone 4s had also gone along with speakers and a cartan of cigarettes, there was no sign of forced entry and we had the key. Shocked!! we ran downstairs to where the man at reception sat in his chair and shoke his head and did NOTHING as he couldnt speak one word of english, He wouldnt even ring the police for us until someone spoke spanish to him. We sat in reception crying our eyes out, all of our money had gone and our holiday was ruined! The next day i went to reception to the young woman and explained the situation she simply blamed it on us and said it wasn't the hotels fault, gave us the speech that "we could have left our door open" which i know myself 100% i DIDNT!! she was useless as well and gave us a map to find the police station, that as all she did. The reps even said themselves that it happens regularly, girls have even said that the man at reception checks doors at night to see if people are in their rooms, FREAKY!! he obviously took advantage that it was 2 19 year old vulnerable girls alone on holiday, thank god we were not lying sleeping in that room when it happened!!! ..the people we met and the reps of the hotel made our holiday, if it wasn't for them we would have got the first flight home. i would not recommend this hotel as the staff themselves don't even know themselves who is staying there, they basically don't care because it is all young people. NEVER AGAIN WILL I STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
#75 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Apartamentos Formentera I
Apartamentos Formentera I
#56 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Hotel Galera? Share your experiences!