“Would go back tomorrow”

Hostal Marino
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Would go back tomorrow”
Reviewed 17 August 2011

My Partner & I stayed from the 6th of August 2011 for 5 nights. We have visited Ibiza (San An) for the last 5 years, always stayed in the bay in 3 & 4* accomodation. I can honestly say you could not ask for more of the Marino. The rooms were cleaned daily, all of the Staff from Mickey the Proprietor were very friendly and at all times were willing to accomodate our every need, even the night porter was happy to provide us with icefor our room. The pool area and the Terrace were lovely especially the new terrace tables/chairs, food good and glasses chilled liked the old days!!! My Daughter lives in Ibiza for the summer season and we have her to thank for finding us such a GEM. We definitely be returning hopefully very soon. Don't be put off because it's listed as a Hostal, its far better than many Hotels. Thank you to all at the Marino for making our stay so memorable. Regards Susan & Brian

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sliema, Malta
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Was at the Hostal Marino in July 2011 - peak season in Ibiza. The hostal is centrally located - 5 minutes away from the West End in San Antoni, but having said that it was far enough to ensure that we had a good night sleep and that we always managed to find a parking spot for our rented car. We felt that the hotel was safe overall, it had a good restaurant and the host - Miki was great providing us with tips etc. Staff is also very friendly and they made us feel at home. The only funny thing was the bath which was quite small, but otherwise the room size was perfect for the price we paid!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Aabenraa, Denmark
Reviewed 7 October 2010

This is a ok hostel, where you get what you pay for. A SMALL room, where you really need to like each other to share a room.

Staff can a bit annoying. Was not even allowed to bring my own bottle of water to the pool! You have to buy that in the bar/reception!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank MAndersen4
whitehaven,cumbria
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights after a recommendation from my brother.

Check in was great, although our room was not ready as we arrived early, however our nephew's room who by the way was 18, was ready.

His room was clean and basic. TV, fridge, aircon and beds. Couldn't ask for more really. We commented that we would of been delighted if ours was the same as we have stayed in San Antonio on lots of other occasions and stayed in some rough hotels.

We were given a refurbed room as the hotel was full. It was outstanding. Contemporary, bright and Clean. Same benefits as the other room but the bathroom was lovely. It had a jacuzzi bath ! and the room had a flat screen tv..

The hotel was in a quiet residential area 5 mins walk from the west end, perfect for all the action but quiet enough for a half decent sleep.

The pool was lovely and quiet and had a lovely terrace and chill out area. The guy behind the bar was lovely and attentive, sorry i cant remember your name :(.
I know that if we go to Ibiza for our 11th year we will stay her again and now weve introduced a new generation of Ibiza lover to this hotel as well .

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I LOVE THIS PLACE...Hostal Marino is literally the best hostel I have stayed at up to now.
The staff are friendly and helpful they really go beyond and above what is required nothing you ask for is too much, you become "part of the family when you check in".
The hostel is ideally situated I could literally walk to where ever I wanted and it was not to close to "the strip" that we where disturbed.
The actual rooms where large and strangely enough for a hostel we had air con as well as a bar fridge that we stocked up daily at the super market down the road.
The bar at the hostel was really reasonable with prices and they had a good selection of food, anything from pizza'a to burgers to tapas.
The pool area is very welcome when you have had a big night out and want to have a swim/ tan.
Would definitely stay at this hostel again without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank LeslieTimm
connecticut
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I'm surprised this place does not have any reviews on Trip Advisor yet! I loved my stay here, the staff is incredible! They are extremely friendly and helpful and I don't think I've ever stayed anywhere that I've felt more at home and well taken care of! I loved the pool area and the hotel is within walking distance of everywhere you could need to go in San Antonio. Cala Gracio (beach) is an easy 15 minute walk (on your way, take one of the side streets down to the coast and admire the cliff views!) and Cafe Del Mar was about 10 minutes away. Next time I goto Ibiza I want to stay further away from the major towns, but I'm going to do at least a couple of nights at Hostal Marino because I enjoyed it so much!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
san sebastian
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Really friendly owners who will go out of their way to help you. Free internet and use of a laptop, nice chill out location and swimming pool. Very quiet area but only minutes away from the crazy West End and the beautiful sunsets in font of Cafe Del Mar. We´d recommend this hostal to anyone young or old, rooms are spotless and the food in the bar is excellent. Hostal Marino very quickly felt like home to us. Next time we go to Ibiza we won´t need to check anywhere else, we´ll just go straight "home".
Use their website to book, its cheaper - hostalmarino.es
If you can, rent a car to see the island, it really is worth it, we used a company called Bravo, they have an office near the port and Bus Station.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple