“Average hotel - good for an Ibiza trip”
Review of Hostal Apolo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Hostal Apolo
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Average hotel - good for an Ibiza trip”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The thing is, you don't come to Ibiza to stay in a swanky hotel and stay there. You come to go out and party and then sleep it off. This hotel is perfect for that, it has a bed to sleep it off and has an ensuite bathroom where you can wash and use the mirrors to get ready.

The rooms were standard, I don't remember them getting cleaned often (if at all) however, I was in the room when they would have probably come to clean so I didn't mind.

The bad points about this hotel is that you do have to give 50 euros deposit on arrival. You don't get told this in advance so when I arrived in the early hours of the morning, I didn't have the cash on me. You do get it back though when you check out (provided you remember your deposit slip).

Also the rooms have air con but not as standard, there is a daily fee to use it, which I think was about 8 euros a day. And I needed to as it was boiling and stuffy in the room when I visited in August.

The hotel is pretty loud with people partying/playing music/yelling drunkenly etc which is great if you are too, but not so good if you are hungover and trying to catch up on some zzzzzzzzs. The walls are thin too so you can hear everything.

However, there is a pool area too where you can hang out and catch up on some well needed sleep. But its really not much better as its a party area too - best thing to do is just get involved.

The reps were nice and they were able to help arrange lots of additional trips - boat parties, silent discos etc. They were lots of fun!

As for the breakfast, it was pretty basic....... but I was only up in time for breakfast on one day out of the seven, so it didn't really bother me to be honest.

This hotel is a good budget option if coming to Ibiza to party and its a great place to meet fellow party people! However, do keep an eye on these 'fellow party people' as I did get some stuff stolen whilst in the hotel bar......

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sophia F

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Hotel was lovely! my partner and I are both in our early 30's and this hotel was a good 18-30's hotel in the fact that the staff let you get on with your holiday. The reception and bar staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for the guests. The hotel is about a 10 min walk from the main strip getting on at Bay Bar. Just round the corner from Eden. The hotel was very clean with good sized room and balcony. The only down side to it was that the breakfast was a bread roll with the options of jam, cheese and ham with hot drinks. The reps chose certain gangs to hang around with and didn't really chat with every one. was hard to go and ask them questions as they didn't have good knowledge about times, events and location of the organised trips and we got our tickets the day after on of our trips.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I have only just got back from Ibiza and I have got to say this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Bad points were:

* As soon as you arrive you have to pay a 50 quid deposit and do not get it back till you check out yet this was not mentioned when booked.
* The breakfast is not a buffet it is just ham cheese and a roll.
* Even though we stayed for a week, the cleaner only came round once. I had to ask for fresh towels, toliet rolls, new sheets and our bin emptied.
* The reception staff were miserable and rude !!!
* It is out of the way and takes 20 minutes to walk to the beach even though we got told it would only take 5 !!!
* The hotel states that no music is to be played after midnight yet at 4:00 in the morning music was blaring and the staff did nothing about it.
* Our coach for the airport did not leave till 11:30 at night on the wednesday yet we had to check out at 10:00 and did not recieve our deposit back till 5:00 PM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even though we got told we get it back when we checked out.
* Ou lugguage on leaving day was stored in a small cupboard which was jammed packed with everyone elses lugguage and the door wide open and blocked with bags even though the sign on the door says the door must be shut.
* The lift never worked correctly!
* The 18 to 30's rep was terrible, had a face like a slapped ar** seemed to be snogging different lads face off, did'nt help with any problems just said "come back tomorrow I am hung over"

Good points:

* Ibiza itself was great, lovely beach, great sunset, amazing nightlife.

Would not recommend for familys to go to Ibiza.

AND WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO STAY IN THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jade J

Travellers are raving about these Sant Antoni de Portmany hotels

county down
Reviewed 11 November 2010

i loved the hotel apolo the staff were great soo friendly always having a laugh they went out of ther way to accomadate us! i loved every minute! thank you juan for stopping the noise at a reasonable hour. and to the housekeepers who kept the rooms in immaculate condition. i would go back in a heartbeat! thanks everyone in the hotel i hope you kept the pics and booze lol :D from peter and shona hope to see you again very soon xx

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple