“THE REPS WERE AMAZING!”
Review of Hostal Apolo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Hostal Apolo
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My overall experience is something i will never forget

The reps did their jobs brillantly, how anyone can bad mouth any of them is beyond me:

Chris was brilliant at throwing pool partys and was always keeping the atmosphere lively at events.

Emma Jayne was always out to make other people happy and was always up for laugh, also she wasl checking if the guests were okay as did chris and georgia.

Georgia was friendly, always smiling and helped everyone gel together with her kind and caring attitude. At the events and in the apollo she would also make sure if guests were okay.

Overall the reps made my experience
They were amazing!

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Just come back from a fantastic holiday i went with my younger brother and we instantly made great friends with everyone, i think this was due to the fact everyone had come for the same reason to have a laugh and go out.
The hotel and rooms were pretty basic but its what you pay for, the staff were always very helpful, the bar staff were always happy and were happy to join in even doing one or two round of cheap shots etc. The cleaners were always respectful and i dont think anyone had anything go missing. The room we got had a balcony ( i think they all do) our room was tiny but saying that we weren't in it much at all. The Pool was of a reasonable size it is actually quite deep all round (deepest point is 1.9 m and shallowest is 1.5 m) which was actually great for pool games.

But the best bit bar far were our reps, they were always high energy and would do their best to get everyone involved in something be it the pool parties or pub crawls, there were some who werent interested in getting involved but i found with everything in life you get out of it what you put in!! the reps were amazing and even when the events finished they would go out with us and get us good deals on drinks or get us into places for free.

Book it you wont be disapointed

Room Tip: ask for a bigger room with a balcony over looking the pool in the hotter months might be a good idea...
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We got a cheap deal for June 2013. We were told upon booking we would have a fridge and room with a balcony. Upon check-in (which took an hour because so many people from our flight were staying at the hotel - as primarily 18 - 30 Club Hotel), our room was on the ground floor, had no air-conditioning and no balcony, just a window with huge bars on it. We were B&B, but breakfast offered on this package is just toast, cheese, ham, butter, jam, and coffee/tea - so it was actually just a room because we never ate in the hotel. The cafe/restaurant nearest the hotel is quite pricey and ripped a few people off, but there was a lovely pub about a 10 min walk down the main road heading towards the strip called Pub Don Juan, it doesn't look like much but the food was reasonably cheap and you get quite a bit for your money. Advice would be not to do the rep packages, walk the strip as the ticket sellers provide deals which are better than the Club 18 - 30 package, they will try rope you in for the whole week for 160 euros which sounds good at the time but the events start ridiculously early, the bar crawls are at the same over priced places Linekers and Plastik, you are better walking to the strip. Cheeky Monkey's did us a deal of 2 Vodka & mixers, a shot of your choice, and a litre cocktail for 12 euros. You won't get this with the club 18 - 30 reps and there is always room to barter with the reps of the pubs and clubs up the strip. The hotel itself is clean and staff are very friendly and helpful. Just do not trust the reps of club 18 - 30, unless you want to throw your money away. Some people get charged more for their package deals and most of them did not go ahead, so me and my friend wasted 100 euros for nothing. Overall the hotel was fine, just be aware it is very noisy all night and pray you don't get a room on the ground floor!

Room Tip: Do not have a room on the ground floor, you get all the noise from every person coming in and out of...
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Went here with one friend, had requested a pool view and room with balcony and thats what we got. Amazing location so close to everything but not too close that its really noisy. The bar staff were great really helpful and pleasant and all drinks and food were much cheaper than we thought theyd be. Breakfast is simple but you dont need anything more, youve paid for it so no point missing it. Rooms are basic but you are never in them so dont need anything special, although air con wouldve been great as it gets really clammy and hot at night and when your getting ready to go out. Onto the reps, as soon as we arrived a male rep whisked us up to our room and gave us our 'welcome meeting' inside our room which is firstly a bit forward, would rather it was outside our space. He starting jibbering a load of rubbish and trying to sell us their package deal for 165 euros such as bar crawls, boat parties, candy at the zoo and other stuff. I immediatley said no as i wanted to just figure stuff out for myself and i didnt fancy all of it, and he literally wouldnt take no for an answer. He became rude and pushy and claimed that 'if we wanted to go and find our own things to do then we would be ripped off but that was up to us'. Made me really angry, and throughout the week he would be rude to us and act as if we were stupid because we werent going on their rubbishy pub crawls (which ive heard arent any good) i also heard that they claim your getting a free hours bar and that it just doesnt happen. So my advice is stay away from this package and find your own things to do, ibiza is only expensive if you are stupid with your money. Overall though, i would definitley got back here as its a great place to meet people, its clean, the pool and pool area is perfect and it gets good sun! Great holiday already looking to book another to go back.

Room Tip: Apparently top floor rooms are bigger and have air con. But all id say is request a room with a pool...
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Only paying £210 including flights for a week I was doubtful about what I was going to experience arriving at the Hotel, and being met by the sign "hostal" at 5am when we got there, I thought my fears would come true. I was completely wrong. It was genuinely the best week of my life. Visiting Mid June 2013, I am only 18, and was going on holiday with just one other friend, and had many warnings about how expensive Ibiza would be, but Ibiza can be done as cheaply or as expensive as you want to. The west end is good if you want a cheaper night, and it's a bit like what you would expect from Magaluf/Kavos/Zante but without the teenagers being sick everywhere haha! The food in the hotel was relatively cheap, and tasted okay, however if you are on a budget - go to Burger King and get a Euro Burger. I survived off them for the week! The thing I would say about the club 1830 is that the Rep package although the Booze Cruise, The Sunset Cruise and Candy were good - is that at 165Euros it is slightly overpriced when other events were bar crawls which you could do yourself down the west end anyway for free, and the 2Euros bars which were promised often did not occur. However, one night we did have an hour of free drinks and an hour of euro drinks which included Vodka and Malibu so I was all set, and very boozy. So I would try and ask the reps to just do both boat parties for cheaper, as some people we met over there managed to do this. Some reps were quite pushy when getting you to buy something, so if you do not want it - stand your ground. However, I met some of the most amazing reps!!! Especially Georgia, Jamie and Blair.
The hotel is totally safe, I was leaving my money in there overnight whilst going out, and leaving the key behind reception and we had no problems whatsoever and heard of none from anyone else. As for cleanliness, the maid came every other day, leaving clean towels and making the beds. We had a big bathroom, some rooms of people we had met over there had slightly smaller bathrooms and "half baths", so I think the 4th floor is the best bet if you want a bigger bathroom. Dont be afraid to request this. You can change money in reception, and there is Wifi (with slightly dodgey connection) around the swimming pool and in the bar. Tip: Ask for a top floor room as you will definitely get a balcony unlike other rooms I saw which had a window with bars over.
Breakfast was okay, the two times I was up and ready for it, bread, cheese, ham, rolls, jam etc. However there was a large queue for the toaster so I often gave up and settled with a good old cheese butty, but from 10am anyway you could buy a sausage butty from the bar for something like 3Euros. But to be far, in Ibiza its unlikely you will need to eat a lot.
The pool area was nice, get up early for a sunbed and make sure you choose the far side of the pool as this gets the best sun. However, we spent most of the time at the beach aswell as it was only a short walk and really nice. I do recommend walking to the Reggae Reggae beach, as this is something you wont experience anywhere else, however it takes about 25 minutes to walk along the beach there.
As there was only 2 of us, we were unsure as to whether we would meet other people, but Hotel Apollo is so friendly and the Reps mean that you get to know loads of people and after the first day we had made so many friends - one of the things which made the Ibiza experience so much better!!
Overall, I do not regret booking hotel Apollo, and whilst over there, reps from other 1830 hotels informed me it was the best Club 1830 hotel in Ibiza.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor. Better bathroom and guaranteed balcony!
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I went here with my boyfriend it was perfect couldn't fault it food was really nice and reasonable price the reps was all great and friendly, the hotel is situated in a good place not to far from the beach and main strip, rooms were clean and tidy basic, the receptionist was nice and it's good to leave your key behind when going out. Had a brilliant time here and would go back defiantly would recommend

Room Tip: Top floors have air con and are reasonably bigger also pool view is good
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Booking the apolo was the best idea ever! Hotels clean safe & food is great! If you want to have a good time get drunk meet loads of new people the reps are the best for this! Some others kept moaning about it being noisey or the reps but they done everything plus more for us ESP when our friend became ill they where amazing so defiantly not after just sex drink and money! If you want to have fun be looked after & have the best holiday come to the apolo and see reps & the rest of the staff at the apolo you won't regret it!