“Miserable staff at the hotel! Stay only to put your head down” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hostal Apolo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Hostal Apolo
London, United Kingdom
“Miserable staff at the hotel! Stay only to put your head down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Me and my friend went on holiday and paid a really good price of £367 forfFlight, hotel, accommodation, transfers etc. We checked in in the morning and the first thing we were told was that we had to pay €50 deposit that would be refundable at the end of the holiday. I really wasn't impressed with this because had I known this before I wouldn't have booked this hotel and taken more money! We took 400-450 but this money definitely worked don't listen to people saying you need to take 1000 just budget and if your like us don't drink too much but drinks are reasonably priced in San Antonio . I was also saying to my friend they would probably find some way to take the whole deposit by saying there is damage etc even though we are mature and haven't got time to b e damaging anyone's property we just wanted a nice relaxing holiday. I would say the beds were not cleaned often enough we were on a 1 week holiday but I still expect it to be cleaned every other say because the cleaner originally wan'ts going to clean it it was only because we asked her. The hotel staff are so miserable which was unneccesary you would think they would be used to 18-30 by now! The sunbeds were a joke every morning people leaped out of the bed obviously didn't wash to put their towels down to claim a sunbed and we thought this was rather silly, we saw the same people in the same position day in and day out but we are not hotel people we are going for a holiday but it was funny seeing people do this and we did manage to claim a bed in the end. Back to the cleaning the cleaner didn't clean it properly the bathroom because it is so small and needed good bleach etc not just simple water. I actually want to write more but I'm sure I am going to go over the word count. At the end of the holiday we went to collect out deposit back then were told we would be deducted Me and my friend went on holiday and paid a really good price of £367 for Flight, hotel, accommodation, transfers etc. We checked in in the morning and the first thing we were told was that we had to pay €50 deposit that would be refundable at the end of the holiday. I really wasn't impressed with this because had I known this before I wouldn't have booked this hotel. I was also saying to my friend they would probably find some way to take the whole deposit by saying there is damage etc even though we are mature and haven't got time to b e damaging anyone's property we just wanted a nice relaxing holiday. I would say the beds were not cleaned often enough we were on a 1 week holiday Me and my friend went on holiday and paid a really good price of £367 for Flight, hotel, accommodation, transfers etc. We checked in in the morning and the first thing we were told was that we had to pay €50 deposit that would be refundable at the end of the holiday. I really wasn't impressed with this because had I known this before I wouldn't have booked this hotel. I was also saying to my friend they would probably find some way to take the whole deposit by saying there is damage etc even though we are mature and haven't got time to b e damaging anyone's property we just wanted a nice relaxing holiday. I would say the beds were not cleaned often enough we were on a 1 week holiday Me and my friend went on holiday and paid a really good price of £367 for Flight, hotel, accommodation, transfers etc. We checked in in the morning and the first thing we were told was that we had to pay €50 deposit that would be refundable at the end of the holiday. I really wasn't impressed with this because had I known this before I wouldn't have booked this hotel. I was also saying to my friend they would probably find some way to take the whole deposit by saying there is damage etc even though we are mature and haven't got time to b e damaging anyone's property we just wanted a nice relaxing holiday. I would say the beds were not cleaned often enough we were on a 1 week holiday and the maid only properly wanted to clean it once but because we told her she cleaned it. We were deducted 12 euro altogether at the end of the holiday saying that we stained the towels (we went to The Zoo Project then when we got in were were tired knocked out and slept on a towel) and they said the stain wouldn't come out! Not impressed if you saw half the characters in there we though you are seriously deducted us we hope they deducted other people for being rowdy, blasting music all hours of the night etc because we didn't do anything like that and not happy with them taking money so altogether we got 88 euros back when it should of been 100! So if you want a basic hotel to throw your head down stay here if you are looking for friendly helpful staff that give service with a smile don't stay here and the night reception is some miserable old guy so don't ask him a question because all he ever said was look at the Thomas Cook board! Useless and the reps were useless aswell wanted us to part with over 400 euros on the first day we came and because we didn't entertain them they turned sour!

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony view give a nice view of the pool area and the San Antonio
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Holiday B

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

The hotel was very basic but clean, the room consists of a bed, wardrobe, dressing table and bathroom, which were all a very basic standard. The bathroom had no soap in it which although isn't major you'd expect it without having to go out and buy your own. during the night the hotel is noisy until 5am ish which you expect from 18-30 but when your in from a night out yourself and people start slamming doors and screaming it starts to get boring after night 1.

The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, rooms are cleaned around twice a week although floors are never hoovered so avoid getting sand in your room. The Hotel reps are nice and contradictory to other reviews NOT pushy, whilst there we decided to go on the Full Moon Party and go to Amnesia (Highly Recommended)

Food at the hotel consists of either a burger or a bowl of chips while breakfast is toast. Literally toast and some tea so don't break a sweat to wake up for it.

San Antonio itself is a nice place the hotel is situated about a 20-25 minute walk from the strip and the beach a 10 minute walk although the walk is one big road so you wont get lost. from the hotel to the stripe there are serveral restaurants and a spar which are well priced rather than down by the strip where prices start to increase.

Drink and food down in the strip is plentiful, there are loads to pick from there is an all you can eat Chinese left of the egg and an Indian and the end of the strip by cafe mambo all recommended. Plus there are a couple of bars offering shisha.

Overall we enjoyed our time in San Antonio and the hotel its mainly the other guests that let the holiday down, although we did only pay £200 pp for flights and accommodation, if your paying more than £250 look for somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Me and my three friends got there around midday and checked in at reception pretty much straight away. We knew that you have to pay a deposit of 50 euros as soon as you check in but they only have a small sign on the back wall to remind you. The rep got us all in one room and started telling us all about the events that 18-30 provided for the week. We already knew we wanted to do a few things by ourselves such as Avicii, Calvin Harris and Sebastian Ingrosso but we agreed to do two of the 18-30 events. Harriet (the rep) wasn't too pushy which was good and she was lovely too.

We chose to go on the sunset cruise which was amazing! Definitely recommend that. We also chose to do Candy, which is set in an abandoned zoo. When the day came for Candy it had been raining all day so when we got to the pre-party the reps told us that Candy had been cancelled and that they would reschedule it to the next day. We were told the next day that it had been cancelled again and they had decided to have a 2 hour, 1 euro drink event at a bar on the west end which i thought was a ridiculous comparison to a 30 euro event we had originally paid for, so decided not to go and complained to our rep Emma Jane, but she told us there was nothing the manager could do.

The hotel was lovely and clean, the staff were really friendly and the pool was a decent size. The rooms were clean too. We asked for the top floor as it has air conditioning however we got the first floor instead. We were directly in line with the roof of the bar, and we noticed that people from the floors above us kept chucking kebabs, tabs, bottles etc. onto the roof. next to our balcony. The mess got so bad we complained to our other rep Blair and she got the cleaners out there straight away.

All in all, great hotel, friendly staff and reasonably priced food and drink. Hotel Apolo is a good place to stay but i have been put off by the whole 18-30 experience so will be choosing somewhere else next year.

Room Tip: Try and ask for the top floor if you can as it has air conditioning.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

The hotel was great clean and basic, great atmosphere round the pool all staff are very heplful the only time you see the reps is your welcome meeting when u first arrive then the odd time round the pool, about ten min walk to the west end so not that far. hotel really cheap an very nice food me an my mates had a great time and I would deffinitley stay there again, you do pay 50euro deposit and you do get it back when you check out I had a grat time hope you who's going too has a ball.... Ibiza 2013 amazing!!!!

Room Tip: Request top floor balcony with a pool view best rooms as they all have air con and a nice view noise...
Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Rooms are very basic but if you're anything like us it'll be covered in cosmetics and clothes and wet towels! they cleaned up some horrendous messes broken bottle etc The hotel is clean enough, but not to Kim & Agy standard! there was no air con in our rooms but to be fair we were never in there! the bar staff are polite but firm and the food is basic burgers etc but when you're that hungover that's all you want! Its a good 15/20 min walk to west end but there's a garage on the way so grab some San Miguels and time will fly! It's in a residential area so its quiet and you will get told off by the night staff if you're too loud/wild which was every night for us! The pool is really clean and quite big compared to some of the other 18-30 hotels in Ibiza! but put your towels down early if you want a lounger! if you don't get a room with a pool view don't panic your rooms will be a lot cooler which was a blessing in the end! The reps are ace (Blair) we got into a pickle with our lamp burning our blackout curtain and lost our deposit they wanted more money from us which was extortion (€150) so be messy but just don't trash the room because they will get you for it! Apart from that I had an amazing week met some awesome people and can't wait to see you all in 2014.

Room Tip: If you don't get a room with a pool view don't panic your rooms will be a lot cooler/quieter...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Eastleigh, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have been to Hotel Apolo for the past two years and have really enjoyed my stay! I would definitely go back there again, the bar staff are extremely friendly, the reps working there are ace and the hotel is very clean. Ignore the bad reviews, if the hotel was that bad i would not have gone there twice!!!

Room Tip: Higher up with pool view as the lower rooms are hotter!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Driffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Myself and a group of friends stayed here in August 2013 and WILL NOT be returning to the Apolo. It's such a shame as the hotel itself is clean and basic and the staff were really helpful but one of the reps just about ruined our holiday.

As you will read in countless other reviews on here, as soon as you arrive after travelling for ages you are accosted by a rep trying to flog activities for the week ahead. First negative - she burst in my friends room while she had only underwear on and proceeded to sit down on the bed and say "ooh already stripping off are we?!" - its not a Carry On film, we found this so inappropriate but preceded to have our 'initial meeting'. We were shattered and just expected hotel rules and regs but she went on to tell us everything Club 18-30 had on that week. We explained that we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted to do (I.e visit some of the main clubs,sunset at mambos, avicii and Sebastian ingrosso and alesso). The rep scoffed and said "Ibiza virgins" always come with an idea and leave disappointed cos they don't what they're on about which made us feel a bit stupid and why would we doubt our lovely rep? We stupidly booked stuff with her due to a combo of tiredness And ignorance. This turned out to be a waste of €150 – an escorted walk to the strip which was only 10 minutes away And entry into bars that were free anyway. The big club that she had promised was actually play two on the West End which was free entry and was like something You would find in Blackpool. I could go on but won't bore you basically a lot of things happened and we had launch a complaint with Thomas cook. When our rep was asked for her turn of events, She cornered me in the breakfast room and said "like My manager would ever believe you over me". Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

I absolutely love Ibiza as a place and I will not hesitate to book another holiday there for next year however hotel Apollo was absolutely appalling. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Rant over!