“loved every minute of it! brilliant hotel with friendly staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hostal Apolo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Hostal Apolo
Longbenton, Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“loved every minute of it! brilliant hotel with friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

DO NOT TAKE NOTE OF THE BAD REVIEWS! i read all the bad reviews before i went and it made me doubt myself about going! it was the best decision to go! hotel was very clean, staff and holiday reps were friendly and done anything to help you! the food from the bar was delicious and wasnt expensive i thought it was priced cheap for being in the hotel, can not complain. the pool area and hotel its self was very clean and well looked after. the room itself is very basic but you cant complain for the price you pay. the room was very clean although the cleaning products they used was very strong it hurt my eyes but at least i knew the room had been cleaned properly couldnt fault this hotel at all and i would recommend anyone to come and stay there. when you arrive they do take 50 euros off you up front for any damaged that might occur during the stay but you do get your full 50 euros back at the end of the stay and they dont look to charge you for anthing silly they are genuine and you do get a full return of 50 euros! me and my friends are looking to go back and stay here next year again i would definitely recommend anyone looking to go to ibiza to consider staying here.

Room Tip: the ground floor rooms have access to the free wifi thats around the hotel but you dont get a balcon...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank VikkiJose

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is my first review on here, so here goes.
Me and my best mate got an amazing deal for 4-12 september for £169, so how could we say no! We wasn't expecting 5* but who really is around the 18-30 when going Ibiza, it's just somewhere to rest your head and shower etc.
My friend thought we would be put in the ground floor, which has no patio or balcony, just a window with bars, but I stayed positive and we got 314 which was an amazing view of the pool, and sunset every night.
Of course there were some negatives: Firstly if you have never done an 18-30, the reps no matter what time you get there, hound you to buy their "amazing cheap deals" believe me it's a rip off! We learnt about how they work two years going Zante, and swore never to do it, and we was so glad we never! Firstly Ibiza was more cheaper than expected, there is a shop 30 seconds away on the same street, and you can get amazing cheap deals on EVERYTHING! So we bought a bucket, and Ice every evening (as yes no fridge, which is awful!) All our alcohol, Smirnoff, JD, Malibu for a fraction of what prices are back home, so that's a plus! We went to the West End every night after pre drinking in our room getting ready, and the deals! OMG! The best we got was 2 doubles (Even the real JD) and 2 sambuca shots for 6 Euro's, well lets say we got smashed on them deals! We also got lots of free wristbands for main clubs and we're both blokes! So that saved lots of money.

Another bad thing is when you don't go on the rip off deals with 18-30 is they forget about you, so that was very rude, as we got ignored by them, especially the rep Emma-Jane who acted like our pal first, then didn't even say hello to us anymore. To be honest, i'd rather save money and do what I want, when I want then make 'friends' for a week, and then never see them again. We also got talking to people in our hotel who spent more than us on them deals.

I would recommend anyone to do your own thing, and bargain hunt for the best deals in the afternoon for the free wristbands, and then pre drink in your room, and then hit the west end and you'll be so drunk you won't need any drinks in the main clubs which start from 18 Euros.
The hotel was basic, but Ibiza was amazing, I am going back next year but want to stay in Ibiza Rocks, that actually has a fridge and decent rooms, plus the artists are amazing i've heard who play. It was defo worth £169 for the whole package! The maid come to our room once from what I remember, which was a bit poor, the pillow was so flat and only one, but when you get drunk you don't care! Also The noise at like 4-6am from people deciding to have a room war and make loads of noise, it's inconsiderate, but knew it would happen, so took ear plugs so I could actually get some sleep, as a week of drinking and late nights, starts taking it out of you.

It's easily walkable to places, 15 minutes to Eden and Es Paradis, with load of bars there, but about 20-25 minutes to the West End, and it's defo worth it for the cheap deals. Also the food in the hotel is actually really cheap than places outside the hotel, and big portions! But defo get all your water, alcohol, snacks from the shop! Trust, it's half the price and starts adding up when you save a couple hundred Euro's. Honestly can't wait for Ibiza 2014!

Oh I will also say this, there is a red kebab/burger shop in the West End, on the corner as you start going up, I ate a chicken donor and got bad food poisoning, so avoid this place! Never felt so unwell from food in my life!

Room Tip: Expect Noise! Any room apart from bottom floor is nice, especially on the 3rd floor facing the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adam S
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I spent a week with my boyfriend at the hotel, and we both really enjoyed Ibiza, San Antonio is very nice, I recommend cala conta and Cala Bassa beach are much nicer than the San antnio beach, the hotel is simple, but the staff friendly and helpful, room a bit was used, but we got maid service three times a week, I left a tip for the maid but she put back on my bed , the food in the hotel bar was cheap and fine, I reccomend ibiza for everyone for the parties, the beaches or watersports lovers. Club Itaca and café del mar was our favorite, and we had a very good time in amnesia and space clubs. The smaller clubs in San antonio centre all is cheap. I wish return the next year, and I will go in Hotel Apollo again. and big thank you for thomas cook animator team! well done!

Room Tip: My room was 114 I think, that was good enough!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Me and my friend went on holiday and paid a really good price of £367 forfFlight, hotel, accommodation, transfers etc. We checked in in the morning and the first thing we were told was that we had to pay €50 deposit that would be refundable at the end of the holiday. I really wasn't impressed with this because had I known this before I wouldn't have booked this hotel and taken more money! We took 400-450 but this money definitely worked don't listen to people saying you need to take 1000 just budget and if your like us don't drink too much but drinks are reasonably priced in San Antonio . I was also saying to my friend they would probably find some way to take the whole deposit by saying there is damage etc even though we are mature and haven't got time to b e damaging anyone's property we just wanted a nice relaxing holiday. I would say the beds were not cleaned often enough we were on a 1 week holiday but I still expect it to be cleaned every other say because the cleaner originally wan'ts going to clean it it was only because we asked her. The hotel staff are so miserable which was unneccesary you would think they would be used to 18-30 by now! The sunbeds were a joke every morning people leaped out of the bed obviously didn't wash to put their towels down to claim a sunbed and we thought this was rather silly, we saw the same people in the same position day in and day out but we are not hotel people we are going for a holiday but it was funny seeing people do this and we did manage to claim a bed in the end. Back to the cleaning the cleaner didn't clean it properly the bathroom because it is so small and needed good bleach etc not just simple water. I actually want to write more but I'm sure I am going to go over the word count. At the end of the holiday we went to collect out deposit back then were told we would be deducted Me and my friend went on holiday and paid a really good price of £367 for Flight, hotel, accommodation, transfers etc. We checked in in the morning and the first thing we were told was that we had to pay €50 deposit that would be refundable at the end of the holiday. I really wasn't impressed with this because had I known this before I wouldn't have booked this hotel. I was also saying to my friend they would probably find some way to take the whole deposit by saying there is damage etc even though we are mature and haven't got time to b e damaging anyone's property we just wanted a nice relaxing holiday. I would say the beds were not cleaned often enough we were on a 1 week holiday Me and my friend went on holiday and paid a really good price of £367 for Flight, hotel, accommodation, transfers etc. We checked in in the morning and the first thing we were told was that we had to pay €50 deposit that would be refundable at the end of the holiday. I really wasn't impressed with this because had I known this before I wouldn't have booked this hotel. I was also saying to my friend they would probably find some way to take the whole deposit by saying there is damage etc even though we are mature and haven't got time to b e damaging anyone's property we just wanted a nice relaxing holiday. I would say the beds were not cleaned often enough we were on a 1 week holiday Me and my friend went on holiday and paid a really good price of £367 for Flight, hotel, accommodation, transfers etc. We checked in in the morning and the first thing we were told was that we had to pay €50 deposit that would be refundable at the end of the holiday. I really wasn't impressed with this because had I known this before I wouldn't have booked this hotel. I was also saying to my friend they would probably find some way to take the whole deposit by saying there is damage etc even though we are mature and haven't got time to b e damaging anyone's property we just wanted a nice relaxing holiday. I would say the beds were not cleaned often enough we were on a 1 week holiday and the maid only properly wanted to clean it once but because we told her she cleaned it. We were deducted 12 euro altogether at the end of the holiday saying that we stained the towels (we went to The Zoo Project then when we got in were were tired knocked out and slept on a towel) and they said the stain wouldn't come out! Not impressed if you saw half the characters in there we though you are seriously deducted us we hope they deducted other people for being rowdy, blasting music all hours of the night etc because we didn't do anything like that and not happy with them taking money so altogether we got 88 euros back when it should of been 100! So if you want a basic hotel to throw your head down stay here if you are looking for friendly helpful staff that give service with a smile don't stay here and the night reception is some miserable old guy so don't ask him a question because all he ever said was look at the Thomas Cook board! Useless and the reps were useless aswell wanted us to part with over 400 euros on the first day we came and because we didn't entertain them they turned sour!

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony view give a nice view of the pool area and the San Antonio
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Holiday B

Travellers are raving about these Sant Antoni de Portmany hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

The hotel was very basic but clean, the room consists of a bed, wardrobe, dressing table and bathroom, which were all a very basic standard. The bathroom had no soap in it which although isn't major you'd expect it without having to go out and buy your own. during the night the hotel is noisy until 5am ish which you expect from 18-30 but when your in from a night out yourself and people start slamming doors and screaming it starts to get boring after night 1.

The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, rooms are cleaned around twice a week although floors are never hoovered so avoid getting sand in your room. The Hotel reps are nice and contradictory to other reviews NOT pushy, whilst there we decided to go on the Full Moon Party and go to Amnesia (Highly Recommended)

Food at the hotel consists of either a burger or a bowl of chips while breakfast is toast. Literally toast and some tea so don't break a sweat to wake up for it.

San Antonio itself is a nice place the hotel is situated about a 20-25 minute walk from the strip and the beach a 10 minute walk although the walk is one big road so you wont get lost. from the hotel to the stripe there are serveral restaurants and a spar which are well priced rather than down by the strip where prices start to increase.

Drink and food down in the strip is plentiful, there are loads to pick from there is an all you can eat Chinese left of the egg and an Indian and the end of the strip by cafe mambo all recommended. Plus there are a couple of bars offering shisha.

Overall we enjoyed our time in San Antonio and the hotel its mainly the other guests that let the holiday down, although we did only pay £200 pp for flights and accommodation, if your paying more than £250 look for somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Me and my three friends got there around midday and checked in at reception pretty much straight away. We knew that you have to pay a deposit of 50 euros as soon as you check in but they only have a small sign on the back wall to remind you. The rep got us all in one room and started telling us all about the events that 18-30 provided for the week. We already knew we wanted to do a few things by ourselves such as Avicii, Calvin Harris and Sebastian Ingrosso but we agreed to do two of the 18-30 events. Harriet (the rep) wasn't too pushy which was good and she was lovely too.

We chose to go on the sunset cruise which was amazing! Definitely recommend that. We also chose to do Candy, which is set in an abandoned zoo. When the day came for Candy it had been raining all day so when we got to the pre-party the reps told us that Candy had been cancelled and that they would reschedule it to the next day. We were told the next day that it had been cancelled again and they had decided to have a 2 hour, 1 euro drink event at a bar on the west end which i thought was a ridiculous comparison to a 30 euro event we had originally paid for, so decided not to go and complained to our rep Emma Jane, but she told us there was nothing the manager could do.

The hotel was lovely and clean, the staff were really friendly and the pool was a decent size. The rooms were clean too. We asked for the top floor as it has air conditioning however we got the first floor instead. We were directly in line with the roof of the bar, and we noticed that people from the floors above us kept chucking kebabs, tabs, bottles etc. onto the roof. next to our balcony. The mess got so bad we complained to our other rep Blair and she got the cleaners out there straight away.

All in all, great hotel, friendly staff and reasonably priced food and drink. Hotel Apolo is a good place to stay but i have been put off by the whole 18-30 experience so will be choosing somewhere else next year.

Room Tip: Try and ask for the top floor if you can as it has air conditioning.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

The hotel was great clean and basic, great atmosphere round the pool all staff are very heplful the only time you see the reps is your welcome meeting when u first arrive then the odd time round the pool, about ten min walk to the west end so not that far. hotel really cheap an very nice food me an my mates had a great time and I would deffinitley stay there again, you do pay 50euro deposit and you do get it back when you check out I had a grat time hope you who's going too has a ball.... Ibiza 2013 amazing!!!!

Room Tip: Request top floor balcony with a pool view best rooms as they all have air con and a nice view noise...