“Ignore ridiculous bad reviews, Apolo was great!”
Review of Hostal Apolo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Hostal Apolo
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Ignore ridiculous bad reviews, Apolo was great!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I'm actually laughing at how ridiculous and made-up some of the bad reviews are about this hotel. My friend and I stayed here for a week at the end of May/start of June and what a week it was! The hotel staff were the friendliest group of people I have ever met, especially the bar staff. They definitely give this place a good atmosphere. Rep's were completely fine, they did try to sell us the package deal but obviously they have to, its their job! We didn't buy it as we just wanted to do our own thing in Ibiza and they were completely fine about it. They didn't pressure us at all. The rooms are very basic but very clean. Big balconies are great for pre-drinks before going out. The only downside to the rooms was that there was no fridge, so keeping water/alcohol cool was an issue. Amazing food at the snack bar and very cheap. Hotdogs for like 3 euros and big pizzas for around 6 euro, can't beat it! Cheap drinks too. The hotel was quite noisy at night but what do you expect in Ibiza? Another sort of disadvantage to this hotel is that you have to pay a 50euro deposit when you arrive, which takes a chunk out of precious party money but as long as you hold on to your receipt you will get it back at checkout. The hotel is about a 15/20 minute walk to the Egg/West End which isn't ideal but you can always grab a taxi. All in all we had an amazing week in Ibiza and Hotel Apolo, we've booked to go back in September for the closing parties but not at this hotel, just trying somewhere more central! Hotel Apolo is a good spot :)

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are better, we were on 4th floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Rachel M

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I turned up expecting it to be a dive as I only paid 160 for a week but when I arrived the hotel was clean basic and did the job! The bar staff were excellent and Carmen the bar women was halerious! As for the reps we had Paige Matt Ashleigh and Dom and where all great we did the events package and loved every minute ibiza rocks was amazing!!!! So as for the negativity towards them and the hotel DO NOT LISTEN I had an amazing time x

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Katygreves
Manchester
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have just come back from ibiza a few days ago and already want to go back!!! It was my first holiday away with my boyfriend we thought it was going to be a dump! We were so surprised when we got there as it was very clean and very alike other hotels we had stayed in which were 4*!! It's very basic, you have your room, a pool, great service and lovely weather and people. The only downside is the reps! They were lovely but we felt forced into buying things off them we didn't want, they didn't help us one bit when we had run out of money when we tried to get our deposit back early or try and sell tickets we had bought off them to others for money. They didn't really care at all as it was all about money making for them. But that's thomas cook, not the hotels fault. Food is surprisingly good and English e.g. Beans on toast, scrambled egg, chips, burger, steak etc. lovely, already looking to go back again!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Nicole G
Manchester
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The reviews for this hotel so far are extremely surprising to me. To be fair I didn't book this hotel, my friends did so I had no idea what to expect on arrival. There is a certain standard I expect with a place to stay- even with an 18-30s hotel. The staff were some of the worst I've ever experienced, they are rude, hostile and seem to run the hotel like a prison camp, demanding to look after your keys, walking into your room without warning, complaining about noise and not allowing your own drinks around the pool. We spent the whole week hiding things from staff and trying to run away from the staff- I felt like I was back at school!

Clearly this isn't a relaxing hotel, and I never expected it to be, however the staff could at least try and make the experience comfortable and convenient for their guests.

The hotel is quite a walk from the nightlife and it is almost impossible to get a taxi into the West End/ anywhere else! I would reccomend staying closer to the West End/ Playa d' Bossa...

San Antonio as a whole is horrible! Didn't enjoy Ibiza at all really- this could have been helped by the shocking state of this hotel however!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank peapodgirl

Travellers are raving about these Sant Antoni de Portmany hotels

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel back in July. Nice hotel, rooms are very clean and just what you need for somwhere you're just getting ya head down! Cheap food and drinks serves at the bar, little supermarket next door that sold a litre of vodka for 8 euros so you can just drink in your room before going out! 10 Mintue walk from the beach and the west end strip! You will get constantly hassled on the beach by reps to buy tickets but that's ibiza for you! Only downside I had to this holiday was the 18-30 reps at the hotel, they came knocking on out door at 7am after getting there at and finally checking in a 5am and the don't stop trying to get you to buy the weeks events package we just bought one ticket for the full moon party and it was not worth the 30 or 40 euros we paid! The reps really only go round talking to and having a laugh with the people who had bought the whole package not once the week we was the did the reps talk to us! But apart from that it was a great holiday and a great hotel to stay at. Would stay again :)

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Tasha89x
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Went here with 18-30. Cost only £157 with flights (last minute deal) Stayed here with my friend, just the 2 of us.
Pros: Good service and good value for money.
Cons: No fridge in the room!, poor location and found a massive cockroach in our room!
Personally wouldnt stay here again, but if your just looking for something very cheap and basic, its fine.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank ellj15
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Amazing holiday! Amazing hotel! Until next year apolo! Staff friendly and always felt like my possessions were safe while I was out, fully working CCTV on every floor! Clean and the food in hotel was spot on

• Stayed September 2013