Review of Arenal Diving

More Info
and up
Speed Boat Trip and Snorkel Cave Tour in Ibiza
More attraction details
Owner description: Arenal Diving is base in San Antonio Abad, we are PADI Diving center, we experience in Beginners course and all level PADI course, Open Water Diver, EFR, Rescue Diver, Dive master and Underwater photography an many more activities.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We booked with Arenal Diving at their promotion desk at San Antonio to do the "Ibiza speedboat Tour". Due to delays, he had us rebook the following day which we were told was fine and space available. The next day we turned up 2 hours before (12pm) the scheduled start of the tour (2pm). We were told by a man and a woman who were clearly incompetent and deceptive to turn up at 2:25pm for a 2:30pm departure as there was a delay (again). We turned up at 2:15pm just to be sure (had a feeling they were dodgy) and were told the boat already left! They lied to us as they overbooked and ruined our whole day because of this.

The man then had the nerve to say he was "being honest" and that the boat left a 2pm. Why then did he tell us to turn up after the boat was scheduled to depart and was not honest the day before. He and the other useless woman who spoke poor english then skateboarded off like bratty teens who knew they were in trouble and left us without any explanation as if to avoid any questions abandoning the desk. We then asked to speak to a manager and there was none around.

Shady, deceptive operation. Avoid. I can only imagine what the scuba diving is like where your life is on the line...

6  Thank pinklove
"a lot of fun"
in 15 reviews
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have reviewed Arenal back in 2011 and they were much better, what's happened since? Firstly I agreed a price of 95 Euro which was for 2 dives plus my partner to come out on the boat (she being a non diver) and that was a final price. I paid a 10 Euro deposit, so why was I asked to pay 90 Euro on the dive day?? C'mon Arenal don't let your sales techniques let you down.

I also like an oversized tank when I dive, I asked twice for this and was told "No Problem". I got there on the day and there were only standard size available. Whilst on board the boots they had were not big enough, I'm a size 11 so they were hurting whilst I fin kicked. The young guy on board said that I could use the fins without fin boots, clearly not possible because the size of the fin are designed for boots. Here comes the worst part. For the second dive I assembled my own kit but someone else took it. My group was already in the water and waiting. I told the guy on board and his reaction was to use another kit already assembled which was an XS BCD, You won't have any problems with this he said. I've been a professional diver for over 15 years and he was trying to make me dive with an extra small BCD. When I said No he clearly looked p**sed off that I was holding everyone else up. If they had more boat party control no one would take another persons kit.

I eventually got into the water with another kit I put together myself. The dives themselves were pretty standard, not much marine life but the dives I think were generally for new divers. I won't use them again.

5  Thank belbox09
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very good and professional dive operation at reasonable prices. Staff is friendly and uncomplicated. The dive sites were very nice and way beyond my expectations for the Mediterranean.
A big plus is that all the equipment is available aboard the boat and one does not have to schlepp it from the dive center. There is no additional charge for rental equipment.
A tip: Just show up on the boat in the morning. As I see it, the guys selling tickets in the harbor on the previous day are just earning an additional commission. So cut out the middleman!

1  Thank GCrispus
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We dived with this company today - 85 euros including insurance for two dives. Staff friendly and helpful enough but if you have a more then a few dives under your belt this will not be for you. Total overkill on the safety. Not a lot to look at but we were constantly being asked to get into a line or go up or down, it felt like you were back getting your ticket only worse! I dive for the great feeling of freedom you have underwater and normally don't care even if there is not too much too see, but did not enjoy this one bit. We also all came back with close to 100 bar on the second dive with no reason given for why it was cut short. In summary - probably a great place to get your ticket - if you're experienced find someone else maybe.

7  Thank Kerrianpaul