“This holiday is not suitable for groups or young people looking to party!!!!”
Review of Ses Sevines

Ses Sevines
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Please pay attention to the title!!! We were here on a party holiday and this hotel was not suitable for our Needs. For anyone else families and couples or people looking to chill I would 100% recommend this hotel! Maids cleaned the room every day great service from staff half board is good enough selection nice clean hotel and the outdoor seating area is lovely HOWEVER if you are in Ibiza to party this hotel is not for you no loud music past 12am (in Ibiza you don't even go out until about 2 which means no pre drinks in the room) your not allowed anyone in your room even other guests from the hotel! For safety reasons which we understood but all other party hotels would not care less which is what you want in order to actually make friends and have drinks together! They were so strict at night it was almost offensive asking our room number about 5 times and making us show our keys one night last thing you want at 7am after a night out! I don't even know why this hotel would be sold to young groups apart from for the money to be made because seriously if you want to party don't stay here!!! For anyone else lovely hotel!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank holidaymakero
There are newer reviews for Ses Sevines

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here from 13th 20th august. The staff were lovely, friendly and made us feel welcome. Breakfast and dinner was lovely too. The maids cleaned the room every day. Towels/toilet roll andbeds made every day. This hotel is very family friendly. Cant say a bad thing about this hotel. On the other hand, for the guys that sell the sunglasses/ dvd/ and other stuff, beware of them, they befriend you then steal of you, we got a camera and a phone stole. Dont go near them. There is reps that go about selling like boat trips for 35 euro, drink all you can and watch the sunset, what you dont know is they hive you cheap champagne and cheap orange juice tastes like( fizzy piss) they also sell you tickets to beach party for 40 euros, when u get there its just a beach with music and a couple of tables drink from 9to12..... You could just walk down and sit there and pay for your own drink and it would just cost you 10 euro. They sell you tickets to get into the night clubs, where you can walk along the street and you could get them for free. Overall we had a great girly holiday, at least if ee were to go back again we know what to expect..... 2€ on the bus to get to ibiza town.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank sarahjane_55
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I went on holiday 9-16th August 2014. I went with my family ages 7,14,15,40 and 47. We had a great holiday overall, this hotel is great but not everything is great.
I'll start with the food:
The food was alright but not for everyone. Lots of fish (being located at the harbour), lots of salads but not much variation. I'm quite fussy and there wasn't much I liked but I always found something I enjoyed so is wasn't bothered. The breakfast on the other hand was very nice. Lots of pastries and full English foods too, bacon, eggs, sausages, hash browns, beans etc. Drinks were free during breakfast but for tea you had to pay. W
I wasn't very happy about this but here are the prices for some things. Water (500ml) £1.80, soft drinks (250ml) £2.20 and there was beers and wines but I don't drink so I didn't remember those. We just got 3 bottles of water and shared. It was efficient and cheaper.
Location:
The location was okay, lovely beach, but at night it was very noisey, I could sleep through it but if your bringing small children I wouldn't recommend it. Other than that there was local shops and supermarkets and restaurants so it was quite family friendly. Lots of sellers on the streets, and lots of people outside of clubs advertising, we just ignored them!
Rooms:
Rooms were nice, very clean, no problems at all. We paid for air con for 2 rooms 4 euros a day. Yes we paid 60 euros for air con but it was worth it. If you won't buy air con then you will be hot. We also paid for a safe which was 15 euros and nearly everyone did too. Our beds were made very day and the towels were changed every day too, the maid was lovely and very kind. We stayed in rooms 330&332 which were sea view rooms, also paid for, the view was great.
Overall:
Definitely worth it for the price but if the minor cons bother you it's not great, if you aren't bothered you will have a great holiday. If you have booked already, great! I'm sure you've read great hints and they will be true! Enjoy your holiday everyone!

Room Tip: Pay for sea view. Buy air con. Buy a safe. Enjoy.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Lucy19700
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from an amazing 10 nights at Ses Savines. As a single mum with 2 kids after reading some of the negative reviews about noise I was a tad dubious on arrival, however I can honestly say in room 206 in the apartments I wasn't disturbed once at night...you could here the tunes in the day by the next door surf bar but the tunes were up my street and it was off for midnight so I was happy with that. It was wonderful, the combination of it's beach front location, the convenience of being able to stroll into San Antonio but far enough away that you don't feel your surrounded by revellers, the friendly helpful staff and brilliant fellow holiday makers gives this hotel a warm happy vibe.
For a 2 star hotel the food is great, breakfast was the full monty and more with a great selection of juices and hot drinks. However we missed breakfast a few times so got fresh warm croissants and pain au chocolate from the local shop at the back, which incidentally sold San Miguel for 65 cents and pop for 90. It also sold every kind of fruit, veg, herb and spice you could ever need. Dinner was fine, it was quite a mixed bag but the kids and I were quite full every time we ate in there. We chose to eat out a few times for the change of scenery and change of music ( the background music needed some attention as it appeared they had 3cds! )
The kids club sessions were great, ok only an hour at a time but some days there were 3 or 4 sessions a day. I didn't choose the hotel for it's kids clubs so it was a bonus to get an hour to sit and chill by the pool.
I did manage to get a lounger most days but I only needed one but I think if 3 or 4 of you you'd have to be on the ball in the morning. I had a picnic blanket so I lay on the beach your not obliged to get a sunbed and at 5 euros for the day it's hardly a lot if you do want one.
The reception staff at the hotel were far more useful than the Thomas Cook rep who was only helpful about her trips...I went to the Waterpark at the seaview hotel as opposed to their trip to on over by ibiza airport as it included a huge 4 star buffet lunch and drinks and snacks all day ( e58 for one adult and two kids but you could just pay into the waterpark for half that) when I asked my rep about that waterpark she didn't help at all but reception googled it for me for prices, rang a taxi etc
Be forthright with the lucky lucky ladies...far worse than the men...say no as they approach. It works.
We also met loads of lovely people who I intend on staying friends with, many coming year after year and I can totally see why they do. Ses Savines we miss you x

• Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank Clare W
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Value for money was great. Half board included a buffet breakfast and dinner which was nice every day. Receptionists were all helpful with transfers, and even recommended their free on site mini golf to us! The quality of sleep isn't great, but if you're after a relaxed quiet holiday Sant Antoni is not the ideal place for you. Great location for the bars and the beach, but would recommend getting a bus to nicer beaches as Sant Antoni beach is a bit grotty. Rooms were cleaned every day and the cleaners were nice. The World Cup was shown every day too, and drinks were cheap. Would definitely recommend here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Louiswenley
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Just returned from a weeks holiday with my daughter and overall had a very pleasant stay at Ses Savines.Hotel was lovely and clean,staff were very friendly especially bar staff they work like troopers and are always pleasant,room was cleaned daily.
I requested top floor with aircon before I went and was told I could have that but was giving room 203 on the front above the entrance,it was a lovely clean room which got shade through the day but was so hot at night without aircon I really struggled to sleep,also it was a bit noisy during the early hours with cars racing up and down the nearby road and late night revellers making their way home,this wasnt the hotels fault by any means.
We were unable to get beds round the pool so hired beds and parasol on the beach which was a lovely beach,but ended up costing us more money,another thing which spoilt the idyllic setting was the people constantly asking you to buy things from them it really was getting on my nerves towards the end of the week as their was no let up from them and I just wanted some peace and quiet,
Entertainment at the hotel was brilliant we really enjoyed it but found drinks were expensive,not just alcoholic drinks but the many bottles of water we bought throughout the day,I know there was a shop round the corner but it was pointless buying from there when there was no fridge to keep it cool.I took a travel kettle with me and was able to make a coffe in the morning and a hot drink before bed which was a godsend.
The hotel is in a lovely setting,sunset was amazing,staff were great but no aircon and the noisy nights and mainly the sellers outside constantly pestering you Im afraid I will not be returning .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Angela M
Reviewed 15 August 2014

the description of san Antonio bay as per Thomas cook was, great for families and couples, unlike its neighbour san Antonio the vibe here is total relaxation for a blissful break in quiet resort! absolute rubbish! we didn't sleep for most of holiday, the apartments were full of noisy groups partying. I have no objection to this but I do object to being misled by travel agent. we chose san antonio bay thinking it would have a good balance of quiet and lively but its just partying youngsters at that end of bay.despite notices up in reception asking guests to be quiet in corridoors at night this was ignored and the rep was useless. Everything had to be rented, air con kettle safe etc as the rep said they get stolen otherwise! there was no chance of getting sun lounger at pool and even though there were notices up asking not to put towels on them or they would be removed this didn't happen so we were on the beach most days. the beach wasn't great despite the local council doing their best to keep it clean it was still full of rubbish and dog mess there was also bottles cans and discarded clothes in the sea! on 1st day we paid 5 euro per sunbed and umbrella on the beach so realising at 20 euro per day this would cost a lot over the holiday we ended up buying lilos and an umbrella which cost 20 euros one off and lasted the holiday. so no sunloungers at hotel and costly on the beach. so if you want to sleep at night and avoid large groups of drunken kids then don't go to san Antonio bay! and 1 last thing, we could use the facilities at the arenal hotel up the road so how was it that at ses savines bar a 500ml bottle of water was 1.60euro but same bottle at arenal was 40cents??? the other drinks were same price at both!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Intertur Hotel Hawaii Ibiza
Intertur Hotel Hawaii Ibiza
#5 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Sol House Ibiza Mixed by Ibiza Rocks
Sol House Ibiza Mixed by Ibiza R...
#1 of 7 in Port d'es Torrent
#10 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Hotel Gran Sol
Hotel Gran Sol
#1 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Ses Sevines? Share your experiences!