“Hotel Abrat - San antonio”
Review of Hotel Abrat

Hotel Abrat
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We arrived back a few days ago.

This hotel is just excellent. The food is excellent, the hotel is really nice. All of the staff and really lovely. You are about 20-25 mins walk from San antonio which is ok during the day but if on family holiday avoid during the late evening as quite a few party revellers about. There are plenty of bars and restaurants close to the hotel. All in all a lovely holiday and would fully recommend.

Just one note regarding Formentera. You can get a boat over to the island, for approx 100 euro's based on a family of four. It is a great boat trip, but just be warned. We went to a beach illes I think and it is so expensive to buy any kind of food or drink there, so bring a packed lunch with you. A Ham baguette was 12 euro's, the drinks were double priced, you also have to pay a euro to use the loo, and 10 euro's to a sunbed.

We are going to go back to the abrat next year and a really lovely holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view, it is lovely
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank zoe h
Especial-Character, Marketing Online Manager Abrat Hotel at Hotel Abrat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback!, it is a pleasure for us to know who has enjoyed so much your holidays in our hotel.

We wait your visit next year.

Greetings.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel isn't anything spectacular but then you get what you pay for! We still love this hotel...

Usually we are rather fussy with hotels but we decided to book this last minute due to the great location (we know this from many previous trips to Ibiza), it was a good thing we picked this once, it was a great find!

The hotel itself is average, room was spacious, our view admittedly was facing away from the sea but that was our own fault due to late booking - I would highly recommend requested a sea view room. I'm not exaggerating when I say this hotel is ON THE BEACH! The hotel has a large garden area aswel which is sea facing, this is fab for watching the sunset.

The hotel is also situated at the end of the sunset strip so is a 2 minute walk to mambos and cafe del mar - perfect for watching the sun set if you don't mind being surrounded by a lot of others.

The hotel breakfast was nothing special and the water bottles from the bar were expensive compared to the local shops - there is a local shop situated literally behind the hotel!
Three great restaurants right near this hotel too.

Great hotel, perfect location(not too far From the party strip but far enough away so you can't hear the noise if you want to sleep)

Room Tip: Definitely request a sea view room - you can watch one of the best sun sets in the world from your b...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was looking for a budget hotel for a week in Ibiza and stumbled upon a good deal for this hotel, especially as I was travelling alone, they have no single supplement.

Location:The hotel is situated about 10 mins walk from the main strip, so you easy walking distance, but far enough out that you can get a good nights sleep. The best route to town is via the main road at the top of the street, the coastal path, though much prettier takes about 25 minutes. The hotel has a nice pool, a garden area with trees for shade which leads to the sea with a small beach area about 100m away.
Rooms: Basic as expected, but very clean, lots of storage and balcony (request a sea view if possible). The shower was amazing.
Food: I stayed half board - breakfast was good, usual cooked and european cheese/meat selection. It's out of the machine, but the coffee was really good. Dinner was very authentic spanish and with nightly variety of the main dishes - don't expect burgers etc, but nice paellas, meat dishes and fresh salad.
Staff: My friends at the bar made this hotel, specifically Lola and 'Woody' who kept me and all the friends I made that week, watered and entertained. They're amazing characters and they played a big part in making my holiday so great. Lola makes a great double mojito

Best parts:
Staff
Price - I paid £270 for a week half board.
Location

Worse parts:
I realise it's budget, but generally I only got one towel a day - I couple would have been handy
The people on front desk could have been a little friendlier - such a difference to those at the bar

I can't recommend this place more - especially for the price. It's mainly for young couples and groups here for San Antonio and for that it's perfectly suited. I will be staying here when I next return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Especial-Character, Marketing Online Manager Abrat Hotel at Hotel Abrat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback!

We love to pamper all of our guests and I am glad to hear that you have loved to stay with us.

Thank you also for pointing out your very good experience in our restaurant and bar.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We always stay here. Ask for a sea view and watch the sun set from your balcony.
Spotless Clean rooms, basic, but who stops in their rooms on holiday? Good choice of breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Great location, short walk to cafe Mambo and town centre, but quiet location.
Nice pool and garden area to sun bathe.
Will be back next year.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view. If you get a room on the other side of hotel its still quiet but you face the road...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WestMidlandsEthel
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I wrote a long review on Expedia... In short there are much better hotels in Ibiza then the Abrat. I am heavy traveler with elite status in Marriott, Hilton, and Expedia so I know my hotels. The room was not the cleanest with dark hairs in my sheets. They lacked toiletries, ice machines, and certain other items I expect in a 3 star location. I really disliked the charge for the safety deposit box. As for the service, I felt they were understaffed a little rude.

My most concerning incident happened when they let a girl in we met the day before who was not staying with us in our room. She was clearly not a registered guest. Thankfully, our passports and money were kept with us in the other room.

In conclusion, I have been to Ibiza many times and was disappointed in this hotel. It was near a great beach but a bit far from the transportation in town. Abrat could easily be fixed up to make a nice resort.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank soupman01
Especial-Character, Marketing Online Manager Abrat Hotel at Hotel Abrat, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback, it helps us to grow.

We want to inform you that we deliver clean rooms, this is the most highly valued aspect of our hotel. Also on our website we indicate the services that are included in the accommodation and extra services that are not included.

We are at your disposal and hope you to give us a second chance.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Second time here, my flights were booked around its availability. Cheap to stay, fairly quiet, friendly staff, great location, superb food - recommend half board. Air con worked well in room, great food and drinks by pool too. No way this place can improve for the price.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Especial-Character, Marketing Online Manager Abrat Hotel at Hotel Abrat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear guest,

I am extremely pleased to hear that you have enjoyed so much your stay with us.
I thank you for pointing out the excellent service you were provided all around the hotel and taste for our food.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I decided to book this hotel due to my rule of only booking hotels that are in the top 25% of hotels in that area and this hotel has not disappointed.

Currently staying at the hotel on a 5 day break but wish we were staying for longer.

On arrival at the hotel I realised that I had actually stayed at the hotel in 2008 with my friend. Just as good this time round as it was 6 years ago.

We are staying half board and the food is brilliant we can't fault it. Plenty of variety at Breakfast and at the Evening meal.

The staff are very friendly and are an asset to the hotel.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a chilled out hotel. It is within walking distance to the lively west end, and has the beatiful selection of bars on the sunset strip a stones throw away as well as being far enough away to enjoy the peaceful surroundings.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BetwanaO

Dear guest,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback!

Thank you also for pointing out your very good experience in our restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant Antoni de Portmany
#1 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Marvell Club Hotel & Apartaments
Marvell Club Hotel & Apartaments
#7 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Hotel Abrat? Share your experiences!