Hotel Playasol San Remo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel S'Estanyol(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Tagomago(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
  • Beachfront
AxelBeach Ibiza(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
  • Pool
azuLine Hotel Bergantin(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
  • Pool
THB Naeco Ibiza(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
Sirena Appartements(San Agustin)
View Hotel
Apartamentos La Kiki(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
  • Breakfast included
Els Pins Resort & Spa(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
View Hotel
Club Hotel Nautilus(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
  • Restaurant
1,565 results
All reviewswater taxijacuzzi bathanimation teamall inclusive dealout of seasonbad reviewsall inclusive foodbar staffshort breakstayed all inclusivewest enda sea view roomgreat holidaynice walkbars and restaurantsplenty of choiceyoung people
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This is a very late review, as forgot to write one at the time, but felt had to write one. We stayed in April 2010 and had booked self catering apartment in the Xaloc across the road. On arival checking in at the San Remo/S'estanyol we were told that the aprtment block was not open yet and as such they would give us a room in the San Remo hotel on a half board basis, free upgrade to half board due to us not having cooking facilities in our room. The food was very basic, but OK as we had'nt paid any extra for it. On the second day when we having evening meal, whilst my wife and son were sat at the table eating dinner, the head waiter approached them and started screaming at them, that they had not paid for the food half board and should not be in the restaurant. He was shouting at them whilst people all around where watching. I tried to explain what had happened, but he would'nt listen. I went to reception to explain and they then informed him that we were given half board basis by the hotel. The head waiter then appologised.
My wife left the restaurant in tears and swore never to return after the head waiter had made such a scene. The head waiter tries to act all friendly, but he was like Basil faulty, losing his cool at any moment.
My wife would not go near this hotel again, even if it was free.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
12  Thank JPC10
Reviewed 22 February 2012

First off this was not the hotel we booked. We were moved due to 'plumbing problems'. Most hotels in San Antonio are owned by the same company so don't be surprised if you don't end up in your intended hotel wherever you book.
Overall the hotel was very nice for the price. It's a bit far out along the strip to be a party hotel (i.e it doesnt play loud music at the pool or have any activities) but the walk into town is nice and doesn't take long especially since there are bars along the way (Linekers). There are plenty of shops, bars and cafes serving food including an English run bar/cafe so you won't ever have to go far for supplies.
The staff generally don't know how to smile but they do their job ok. The two lifts are tiny and its a squeeze to fit more than two people really. The food is very good and fairly varied for such a low budget hotel, while there are 'safe' foods like chips and burgers there is always a local food on offer.
The rooms are clean and basic as is the bathroom but for me was all in working order, the maid service was regular and efficient but more could be said for the air conditioning which annoyingly shuts off if you open the balcony doors (you can get around this by shoving a piece of paper in the trip switch in the fusebox by the door and makes the room a lot colder).
The pool is ok and there is a small terrace for sunbathing but largely its quite small. The hotel opens out straight onto the beach which may be prefered.
Finally to state the obvious this is Ibiza so it tends to be quite loud at night with the local bars so if your here for a quiet Hotel your going to be dissapointed.
For us this hotel did it's job for us, nothing bad happened and everything was clean and in working order. Just remember to check out in time! They get quite angry when your hungover still in bed when your 2 hours past check-out!! They didn't charge us though :)

Room Tip: The road facing rooms are quite loud, I expect a room facing the bay would be very nice, preferably a few floors up.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Michelinman9999
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I went here for my mates stag do in July 2011, it was really cheap, and we went all inclusivie for three nights. The rooms were clean, but basic. Air conditioing didn't work, so it did get quite warm at night.

We spent most of the day by the pool and it was full of lads who were on holiday, this hotel is so close the the pubs and clubs, hecne why it is popular with younger travlers.

The food was fine and the staff were friendly. they only charged us 20 euros to exstend the all inclusive option for the day as our flight left later in the day.

One great thing about this hotel is how close it was to the beach, you literaly walked out onto the beach! and the sea was great! We did get guys trying to sell you stuff while relaxing by the hotel pool. The staff did tell them to go away, although I did get a nice pair of sunglasses and a luis vutton bag for the missis ;) lol

I will say tha there were flys near the food in the morning, that put me off, and I did see a cockroach.

I think this place is best if your on a lads holiday, I don't think I would recommend it for families.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank jason l
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Me my wife & 6 mnth old son went in october 21010 for a cheap all inclusive end of season break and for what we paid it was alright to be fair,food was ok no complaints,rooms were clean & tidy,swimming pools very small but sea is just at the back of the hotel, san antoni port is a 15 min walk where theres plenty to do, we loved Ibiza its a gorgous island we hired a car for 90 euros for 5 days and visited various parts of the island which is very easy to get around,if we were looking for a cheap break again we'd go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank RGMarsh83
Reviewed 23 January 2012

BEWARE: THERE ARE TWO HOTELS IN ONE EVEN IF YOU BOOK THE ONE YOU WANT THEY DON'T CARE WHICH ONE THEY PUT YOU IN. We booked the san remo and got put in the Club S Estanyol besides. Club S Estanyol is much bigger but beware it is worst! We stayed there for 2 days before deciding to try our luck at complaining. So glad we did, the San remo is gorgeous and much much much better than the Club S Estanyol. We stayed in the summer so the busiest time and the food was much better, better atmosphere and rooms were 100x better! Book the san remo and get the san remo if you want to have a good time. The Club S Estanyol have nothing on it. it may look smaller but it isnt. Much bigger pool and atmosphere. Loved the beach and would 100% reccommend the water sports, we did all of them and loved it! Love the short walk to all the nightlife and water taxi if your not feeling too healthy with a hangover. I go for the nightlife so dont normally complain but it is worth switching if you do get put in the wrong one you booked.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple