I stayed in Apartamentos Formentera for 11 days. I loved my apartment- room 103. My sister and I had
-a kitchen with amenities like a microwave, hobs, fridge, cups, plates, bowls, cutlery and a kettle (but electric kettle would be better than the normal one) with a table and a chair,
-lounge area with a table and two armchairs,
-closet with a mirror
-en suite bathroom
-two balconies- one for hanging the washing, second with a view on the sea with a table and two armchairs. (we asked for balcony with the view on the sea)
The hotel has also got a swimming pool which is a bit small but better than nothing.
The hotel staff are really friendly especially Rebeca who was extremely helpful when I needed help.
I did not get robbed in the hotel like some people but I would advise to keep your valuables in a hotel deposit box- it costs 4 euros.
It was clean but if you want the cleaners to clean your room you must hang the -please clean me leaflet on the door handle.
Deposit for aircon remote control is 10 euros, for remote control for the TV as well, but when everything is ok you will get the deposit back when you check out.
You have a 5 minutes walk to Cafe Mambo and Cafe del Mar from the hotel and 10-15 minutes from San Antonio main port.
It is often loud at nights so I do recommend the hotel to party goers or to people who like to party more than sleep.
Opposite the hotel there is a nice bar with flamenco dancing on Thursdays, beer costs 2,50.
Next to the hotel there is a bar-restaurant with free wi-fi so don't worry if you don't have free wi-fi in the hotel. you can have a coffee there for 1.50 or English tea for the same price but a tea is served in a tea pot so you practically have two teas for the price of one :)
Two turnings from the hotel there is a road called Carrer de la soletat- there is a cheap supermarket where you can buy for example 1.5 litre of water for 33 cents whereas opposite the hotel the same water costs 1 Euro. Beer in that shop is also cheap- 89 cents per a can of Heineken. There is also a tobacco shop on that streets where ciggies cost 4.10 euros per packet of 20 cig. Also a couple of steps later there is Cerveceria Urban where you can have a lovely half a chicken with chips and salad for 4.50 euro! Hamburgers are good as well and cost 1.85 euro!
I would come back to that hotel if I was in my early 20s but I am not and I had a bad experience in Ibiza- I got poisoned and robbed in San Antonio- where the pubs and cheaper drinks are. Please be careful and don't take your all money or cards with you- better keep them in a safety deposit box in the hotel.
Hope that helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TheFormentera Apartments has high quality apartments in a great location, just near the centre of San Antonio with its famous "Sunset, Café del Mar and Savannah", and the spectacular views of the sunset. The small, sandy beach of Es Caló d'es Moro is about 50 m away, while the beautiful, beaches of Cala Grassió and Cala Grassioneta are just a short walk along the coast. Facilities: Pool area, with swimming pool, solarium and free sun beds. Studios:All have air conditioning, full bathroom, satellite TV with music channels, kitchenette, mini-fridge. Not all rooms have a balcony. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Grupo Playa Sol, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Apartamentos Formentera I reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Complejo Formentera Hotel Sant Antoni De Portmany
- Es Calo Playa
- Apartamentos Formentera I Ibiza, Spain