The hotel is in a great location. The beach is at the bottom of the road and mambo is only 5 minutes away, plus it is surrounded by loads of reasonably priced restaurants and bars. I would recommend Bar Buddha for a Pina Colada to watch the sunset which I think we did nearly every night. The pool is small but most days we were the only ones at it so it was ideal.
Now for the bad. The hotel is very noisy from dusk till dawn and the hotel staff seem to have no control of this at all. Every day/night is party time and you expect this in Ibiza but going out to the balcony and finding everything covered in Mayonnaise plus toilet rolls being thrown in is a bit much. You have no chill out time at all.
On the second last night my room was robbed even though all the windows, balcony door and main door were locked and were so when we returned. An iPhone and ghd straighteners were stolen as well as my friends electronic ereader. This was the only night that everything was not put in the safety deposit box, although I don't think I would ever put straighteners in it!! I reported this to the guy on reception and a security guy who was there who advised me that they need a police report to look at the cameras on my floor. This was now 6am so I decided to wait till morning as the police station was far away. In the morning we asked reception to phone a taxi to the police station, the theft was not in the hotel log book or the note passed from the night staff to the day shift, strange eh!! After 10 euros in a taxi each way to the police station they informed me that this information was rubbish and that hotel staff can check the cameras at anytime. So I hand in said police report and was told the Director of Security would be in within the hour and would want to speak to me. After an hour I chase this up and am told that the camera on my floor (2nd) is too dark and you can't see anything, so the hotel can't do anything else.
I would not recommend this hotel and if you do go then get the safety deposit box and don't hand your room key in as the theft from my room was obviously an inside job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TheFormentera Apartments has high quality apartments in a great location, just near the centre of San Antonio with its famous "Sunset, Café del Mar and Savannah", and the spectacular views of the sunset. The small, sandy beach of Es Caló d'es Moro is about 50 m away, while the beautiful, beaches of Cala Grassió and Cala Grassioneta are just a short walk along the coast. Pool area, with swimming pool, solarium and free sun beds. All have air conditioning, full bathroom, satellite TV with music channels, kitchenette, mini-fridge. Not all rooms have a balcony. Some balconies have spectacular views of the famous sunsets of San Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, LoveHolidays, Grupo Playa Sol, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apartamentos Formentera 1 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Complejo Formentera Hotel Sant Antoni De Portmany
- Es Calo Playa
- Apartamentos Formentera 1 Ibiza, Spain