“Terrible don't go there”
Review of Ibiza Rocks Hotel

Ibiza Rocks Hotel
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Very rude staff on arrival ... And bed bugs ... Me and my brother both hot bitten !!!! They didn't change the once on the 5 days we were there ... It's not a cheap hotel do expected better ... 20 euros got wifi that doesn't work and no refunds !!! A truly awful hotel ... Ibiza it's self ,rocks ..... Ibiza rocks hotel ... Is a dive !!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Dave B, Overseas Delivery Team Manager at Ibiza Rocks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

I am really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay in Ibiza rocks and that you felt the reception staff were rude on arrival.
There have been no reports of bed bugs, however hot countries are prone to Mosquitos which bite.
Rooms are cleaned 5 times a week and sheets and towels are changed weekly as per our website information.
There is free wifi in reception and on gig days from 6.30 - 1230am around the pool area. Spanish wifi is very temperamental and often looses signal at time.
Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking at ways to improve

Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is great if you're looking for a TOTAL party hotel. It was quite a young crowd and almost all British. The best parts were - live gigs, great security, and pretty good price for value as far as the rooms, which include kitchenette.

Overall, the staff was wonderful and super nice/helpful - especially Jordan (great energy and very fun) and James (the sweetest!). But....... i had one very bad experience, which can really put a damper on things. My phone was stolen at Pacha and most of the staff were very nice about when I asked for advice/help about trying to find it. However at one point I asked Lorena, a member of hotel staff working at the desk, to please check on a call the hotel placed earlier to Pacha on my behalf (asking if phone was found). She very rudely pointed me over to a pay phone and told me to figure it out myself - then she snapped at me in a nasty tone when I tried to explain. This was completely uncalled for and I tried then to explain to someone else that I just wanted them to check if Pacha had responded to the call placed earlier. The guy was very nice and looked into it but I heard Lorena say while looking at me 'What a pain.... Jesus ****ing Christ'. This was WHILE she was helping other customers. This behavior is simply unacceptable in any hotel - let alone one that is supposed to be known for fun and friendly atmosphere. It was by far the rudest experience I've had at a hotel or restaurant.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Dave B, Overseas Delivery Team Manager at Ibiza Rocks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Hi

Thank you for your comments.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed the live gigs and found the hotel great value with great security.
I am really sorry to hear you had a bad experience with one of the receptionists and I really hope you managed to get your phone back after loosing it in Pacha.

However I am happy to hear that my team of hosts especially Jordon and James were friendly and helpfuL.

I really hope you would come back to us in the future for a different experience with reception and another great holiday.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic. Staff are very friendly & helpful. In particular Niamh, James & Jordan are the dream team. The boat party was the best day we've had in Ibiza - Niamh and James made it the best day of our holiday! Stay at Ibiza rocks it's the best place on the island.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Leanne M

HI

Thank you for your review.
It's really lovely to hear how our host team really made your holiday special.
I agree the boat is an amazing afternoon out as a pre party to the gig, so really happy you enjoyed it.
We would love to see you back for another stay with us for another amazing holiday

Reviewed 10 July 2014

4th time in Ibiza and first time at Ibiza Rocks, stayed 16th-19th June 2014 for a 3 night stag do.

First impressions of the hotel were good, when we first got there we were greeted by the event team on arrival (and them letting us know they sell the tickets etc), check in wasn't too bad as we were the only group checking in so was done quickly, deposit per room was 60 euros, with the safe being about 10 euros for 4 days, didn't bother with the air con.

Rooms weren't too bad, enough for what we wanted, clean towels were provided every day, our room was facing the main pool and the rear of the stage area, if you want to sleep after 10:00am then it may be difficult as the main pool has a DJ pumping out the finest Balearic beats from 10:00am till late..
Hotel has two pools, the main one as mentioned above has the DJ, couple of bars and a place to get some food, the main pool is a little bit pretentious though, we divided our time between this pool and the smaller pool which is alot quieter if you need to get some kip in the afternoon.

No money is needed by the pool/in the hotel as you use your room key as a credit card for your stay which you have to keep topping up, i thought this would be a bit of mission but it worked out ok as you get a remaining balance receipt with every purchase, beer wasn't too pricey at 3.35 euros, didn't drink kopperberg but was told it was 6/7 euros....

The only gig that was on when we stayed was W.A.R, which was pretty decent, only downside is that you have to purchase drinks tokens separate from your room card making a vodka and monster rippa work out to about 12 Euros...decent measure of vodka though, but still a wounder.

Hotel is only a 10 minute walk to the main beach/harbour, but unfortunately you have to walk through or past the West End, being on stag do we got collared every night and dragged into the first few bars and rarely made it any further.

Security is pretty tight, you won't allowed into the hotel without a wristband, so bear this in mind if trying to bring anyone back...or get the bribes ready ;-)

Like people have said, its a party hotel from start to finish, not sure i could have done more than 3 nights (might be my age...) but would defo recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to party non stop.

Room Tip: Pick a room over looking the main pool/stage for when there is a decent gig, noisy in mornings thoug...
3  Thank Woody3684

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Lots of great information for future guests and with our on site host team, information and all the official club tickets are on hand.
I agree its a great hotel for a party with our resident DJs playing around the pool daily, however you have the quiet pool if you prefer it.
The hotel is in a great location with the bars and beach only a short stroll away and everything you need on site.
I am glad you enjoyed W.A.R gig whilst you were here.
We hope to see you back for one of our live Wednesday events.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was my second visit to Ibiza Rocks and it was an incredible week.
Checked In and put in the wrong room to start with, Staff quickly changed us to our stage view room.
Rooms very clean and spacious. Security while strict in not letting non hotel guest in do a good job so felt safe with personal possessions in the hotel.
Friend left his phone in a cab on the last night and luckily we got it back the next day with security and reception staff all very helpful.
Very handy having the shop outside being able to pick up drinks.
Wok On- Great Food only discovered it near the end of the trip.
The best part of the holiday of was the friendliness of the Host Team!!! Massive shout out to Katie and Matt for hooking us up with tickets, always friendly and willing to talk to you, not pushy and genuinely wanted you to have a great time.
Same goes for all the Host team was nice for them to ask about your night and swap stories and give the best hangover cures.
Will defo be back and hoping to do closing parties in sept but 2015 in on the cards for sure!!

Room Tip: Book a stage view room, you get to watch the gigs on Weds and Friday at no extra cost and you can dr...

Hi

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review.
It's really lovely to hear you had fantastic trip, which was made even better by our host team and your comments will be fed back to them.
I am also happy to hear that you got your phone back and the hotel staff were friendly and helpful in assisting you.
I agree the stage view rooms are great to watch the amazing gigs from.
We hope to see you back in September or 2015 for an even better time.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I went to Ibiza for the first time a couple of weeks ago and decided to stay at the Ibiza rocks after it was recommended to me by a friend

I don't have anything to compare it to within Ibiza but compared to other places it is definitely one of the best hotels I've stayed in

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, the hotel is very secure and the promotion staff are always happy to help you plan the best night out on any particular night

They also have an amazing pool with some really good live djs in the daytime which I particularly enjoyed

Would definitely return

Stayed: June 2014
Dave B, Overseas Delivery Team Manager at Ibiza Rocks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your review.

Its great to hear you would defiantly return and that you enjoyed your stay in Ibiza Rocks.
The feedback on the staff and host team will be passed on and I am happy that you found them friendly and helpful.
I agree the pool area with our resident and club DJs is an amazing part of the hotel and that you enjoyed it.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Absolutely great crack, party hotel from start to finish, if your looking to do Ibiza the right way you gotta stay at the Ibiza Rocks Hotel!!! Great pool, great live artists (like Example and Lily Allen) and overall everyone is happy and having a great time!!!

Hi

Sounds like a great time was had in Ibiza Rocks. Lily Allen and example were I agree both amazing live performances.
Come back soon for some more amazing live events

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant Antoni de Portmany
#7 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Bellamar Hotel
Bellamar Hotel
#4 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Ibiza Rocks Hotel? Share your experiences!