“Ibiza ROCKS! ”

Ibiza Rocks Hotel
Lowestoft
“Ibiza ROCKS! ”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from this hotel and what can I say.. It was AMAZING! staff are friendly, hotel is safe and rooms are fairly clean and basic!

Already booking this hotel for Ibiza 2015! You have to visit this wicked hotel. It's the only place to stay in Ibiza, pool has a DJ playing from 12:00 - 6:00 with some brilliant tunes.

To buy drinks and food at the hotel's bars you have to put money on your hotel room card, but it works well so you don't have to carry money whilst down at the pool! Food is good quality and drinks aren't too badly priced.

When you arrive to the hotel make sure you speak to a rep to see what's going on and where is good to go on certain days! We spoke to James and he was so helpful, really nice chap and made us feel welcome.

It was really nice to see security all over the hotel, if you're gonna try sneak some people back then tough luck! You won't get passed security without a hotel wristband.

We also saw some amazing acts at the hotel too as it was included in the price for hotel guests. I can't big this hotel up enough... Ibiza honestly rocks! Roll on Ibiza 2015!!!!!

Stayed July 2014
Dave B, Overseas Delivery Team Manager at Ibiza Rocks Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014

Thank you for your review.
Sounds like you had an amazing time with us and its great to hear you have booked for 2015.

It's really good to hear that James (host) was welcoming and friendly and I agree that it's worth speaking to our team of hosts to get the low down on all the amazing things to do whilst here in Ibiza.

Keeping our guests safe and secure is a priority so it's nice you appreciated the security team and money card system.

The acts in the hotel on a Wednesday and Friday night are amazing and makes the hotel a unique experience.
We look forward to seeing you back in 2015 for another amazing stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

First time to Ibiza and Ibiza Rocks so went with open arms not knowing what to expect! We arrived at the hotel quite early so we were worried we would have to wait around for hours before we could check into our rooms, however we were allowed into them straight away which was a bonus!

Reception staff were very rude!! as we were checking in the 2 men behind the desk were whispering in each others ears and giggling then looking at us, have no idea what it was about but it did make us feel quite uncomfortable. We were given 2 green room cards and one white one, we weren't told what to do with these cards apart from when I asked what the white one was for and I got told 'before 12'. Basically the white one you get if you arrive before 12pm to get into your room. You then have to give this back and use the green ones. We then found out after we had gone to our rooms freshened up and got changed for the pool and attempted to buy food and drink at the bar at the pool that you have to also put money on the green cards as you can't use cash in the hotel! Would have been nice to know this I feel.
Rooms were dirty, bathroom stank and the shower curtain looked like someone had spilt purple hair dye all over it. Wasn't really impressed with what we got for what we paid! However the gigs were amazing, such a good atmosphere and so much fun!! If I were to return to ibiza I wouldn't stay at ibiza rocks again, but I'd definitely buy tickets for the gigs.
You will get barely any sleep at this hotel. It is literally non stop 24/7!! Quite fun when your in the partying mood but very frustrating when you really need to sleep. There was a room of boys next to us and they were literally screaming and shouting so loudly throughout the whole night! I don't mind music being played and talking but that was extremely annoying!
Cleaners weren't that great, left us with no loo roll on a few occasions and the sheets weren't changed once while we were there. Normally would be ok but in a hot and sweaty room (you have to pay for aircon which is useless anyway) I feel they should have been changed at least once!
Ibiza Rocks the Boat party was amazing!!! So much fun didn't want it to end so I definitely recommend that! The reps that worked at the hotel were great, really friendly and always happy to help!
I did have fun at this hotel but I don't think I would stay here again. We spoke to some girls on the boat party who paid under £200 for their whole trip as they were staying about 10 mins outside of San Antonio!! Go cheap for accommodation and save all your money you can for club tickets and drinks in the clubs! If I went again that's how id do it!
Oh and one last thing, we got on a 'free bus' after zoo party and it was one of the craziest things of my life. The bus felt like it was going about 100 and repeatedly went round and round roundabouts at this speed! Can laugh about it now but at the time I thought I was going to die haha. So just be warned and have a fun holiday x

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dave B, Overseas Delivery Team Manager at Ibiza Rocks Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014

Thank you for your review.
Check in to the hotel is 2pm so it's good to hear that the reception checked you in earlier, however I am sorry you felt they were rude and didn't explain the key procedure to you.
I agree the gigs are amazing and definitely worth seeing, the line up is fantastic and happen twice a week and included in your stay.
Ibiza Rocks is a party hotel and along with that comes noise during the day and nights, however security are on duty 24 hours and happy to have a word with people to keep the noise down if needed.
I am sorry to hear about your room and cleaning issues. If reported to reception they would be able to contact house keeping to rectify.

Ibiza Rocks the Boat is our most popular day out and an ideal way to get into the party mood pre gig and sells out really fast. Its great that you enjoyed it and I totally agree its amazing.
Thank you again for your comments and great feedback on our hosts.
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Before we went to Ibiza people were telling us to stay clear of San Antonio and not stay at Ibiza Rocks if you want to have a days rest. BUT it wasn't that bad. Yes, there's a lot going especially if there's a big gig on!! You can sleep during the day but it is loud around the main pool. Staff are friendly, rooms are basic but cheap so you pay for what you get as with anything. Downsides are you have to pay extra for air con and you have to put money on your room card to spend on food/drink BUT you do get back whatever is left on it at the end of your stay. Hotels located near most hotspots on San Antonio. 5-10 mins walk from Mambo and Cafe del Mar (go visit for an amazing sunset and atmosphere!!!)

Thank you for your review.
You are right that Ibiza Rocks is in a great location with all the main places within walking distance.
Sunset strip with its famous bars only a short walk away is I agree a must to do.
I am happy you found the staff friendly and the rooms met your expectations.
The money key card system is a way of keeping your money safe as they can be cancelled and replaced if lost but cash cannot, and as you say they give you whats left back.
We hope to see you again in the future.
London
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Firstly, I would like to say that we did have a good time, but we were quite disappointed by Ibiza Rocks.
We arrived at around 1.45am and was quite surprised to discover that the hotel was practically dead and all the lights were off, we thought this was a bit weird considering it's a 'party' hotel. Lights seem to go off around the pool around 9pm.

Check in was quick, but would have been useful to suggest where we could get something to eat considering everything in the hotel was closed.

Room was fine, clean.. Bit disappointed in the view we got, we paid extra for a pool view but we were right on the corner, resulting in part of our view being blocked off by a wall.
Air con wasn't worth the money we paid, blew out hot air.
You won't be sleeping past 10am as music starts playing around the pool, but we were fine with that as we didn't want to spend all day in bed anyway.
Sun lounges do get taken up quite quickly.

You will need to top up ur room card with tokens, which we were not told at check in, very annoying when ur starving and having to go back up to reception.
Not too expensive for food and drinks.

If you plan to go to the zoo party of a Saturday, they do have painters by the pool bar that u can book, which we did, however we did find that the ones right outside the hotel were cheaper.
U can get a taxi outside the hotel straight to zoo, around €10.

Around a 6 min walk to the west end, u do have to be blunt and use the word no, as everywhere u turn there is someone invading ur personal space, trying to get you into their bar.
Roughly a 10-15 min walk to the beach.

To be honest, we were disappointed as it seems nobody talks to anyone and ibiza rocks at the weekend is pretty much dead.
The rules are quite tight, you have to have a wristband to get in and they do check!
Matty the rep was very helpful, didn't push us into anything but was more than willing to share information and help us out.

They do have a luggage store room and you may use the showers in the lobby to freshen up and change before the airport and reception will give you fresh towels. Remember to have your toiletries handy as there isn't any shower gel in there.

I would definitely return to Ibiza, but I won't be returning to Ibiza Rocks, wasn't what I was hoping for.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that Ibiza Rocks wasn't what you were hoping for but it's good to hear that you enjoyed yourselves.
The hotel is a party hotel, however most of the guests go out in the evening to the many clubs and bars in Ibiza.
Due to safety reasons the pool closes at 8pm and the pool bar area 11pm, but the lobby bar does stay open until 1am.
It's good to hear you were checked in quickly but sorry to hear you was disappointed with your view. Our team of hosts like Matty are on hand 7 days a week 10am - 12.00am to help and assist with any guest queries or issues. I am happy that you found him helpful and friendly.
The air conditioning temperature can be adjusted and is an optional extra.
Like you said, the hotel is walking distance to the west end bar street and the beach with a taxi rank directly outside. So getting out to the islands super clubs is easy.
I hope you would come again in the future for a different experience.
Howden
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Very rude staff on arrival ... And bed bugs ... Me and my brother both hot bitten !!!! They didn't change the once on the 5 days we were there ... It's not a cheap hotel do expected better ... 20 euros got wifi that doesn't work and no refunds !!! A truly awful hotel ... Ibiza it's self ,rocks ..... Ibiza rocks hotel ... Is a dive !!!

• Stayed July 2014
Dave B, Overseas Delivery Team Manager at Ibiza Rocks Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I am really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay in Ibiza rocks and that you felt the reception staff were rude on arrival.
There have been no reports of bed bugs, however hot countries are prone to Mosquitos which bite.
Rooms are cleaned 5 times a week and sheets and towels are changed weekly as per our website information.
There is free wifi in reception and on gig days from 6.30 - 1230am around the pool area. Spanish wifi is very temperamental and often looses signal at time.
Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking at ways to improve
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is great if you're looking for a TOTAL party hotel. It was quite a young crowd and almost all British. The best parts were - live gigs, great security, and pretty good price for value as far as the rooms, which include kitchenette.

Overall, the staff was wonderful and super nice/helpful - especially Jordan (great energy and very fun) and James (the sweetest!). But....... i had one very bad experience, which can really put a damper on things. My phone was stolen at Pacha and most of the staff were very nice about when I asked for advice/help about trying to find it. However at one point I asked Lorena, a member of hotel staff working at the desk, to please check on a call the hotel placed earlier to Pacha on my behalf (asking if phone was found). She very rudely pointed me over to a pay phone and told me to figure it out myself - then she snapped at me in a nasty tone when I tried to explain. This was completely uncalled for and I tried then to explain to someone else that I just wanted them to check if Pacha had responded to the call placed earlier. The guy was very nice and looked into it but I heard Lorena say while looking at me 'What a pain.... Jesus ****ing Christ'. This was WHILE she was helping other customers. This behavior is simply unacceptable in any hotel - let alone one that is supposed to be known for fun and friendly atmosphere. It was by far the rudest experience I've had at a hotel or restaurant.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dave B, Overseas Delivery Team Manager at Ibiza Rocks Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Hi

Thank you for your comments.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed the live gigs and found the hotel great value with great security.
I am really sorry to hear you had a bad experience with one of the receptionists and I really hope you managed to get your phone back after loosing it in Pacha.

However I am happy to hear that my team of hosts especially Jordon and James were friendly and helpfuL.

I really hope you would come back to us in the future for a different experience with reception and another great holiday.
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic. Staff are very friendly & helpful. In particular Niamh, James & Jordan are the dream team. The boat party was the best day we've had in Ibiza - Niamh and James made it the best day of our holiday! Stay at Ibiza rocks it's the best place on the island.

1 Thank Leanne M
HI

Thank you for your review.
It's really lovely to hear how our host team really made your holiday special.
I agree the boat is an amazing afternoon out as a pre party to the gig, so really happy you enjoyed it.
We would love to see you back for another stay with us for another amazing holiday
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant Antoni de Portmany
Hotel Gran Sol
#1 of 100 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,390 reviews
Sol House Ibiza mixed by Ibiza Rocks
Sol House Ibiza mixed by Ibiza R...
#9 of 100 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,886 reviews
Bellamar Hotel
Bellamar Hotel
#5 of 100 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Ibiza Rocks Hotel? Share your experiences!