SAN ANTONIO TOWN IBIZA,
or Sant Antoni as it's supposed to be called..
WHAT A PLACE!
I've been here twice now (stayed in the bay second time) and there is so much to say abowt it.. There's so many good things and so many bad things going on here it's just epic.
If you are not a party person do not go there! simple as.
The place is designed around clubbing. Even the bay has some late nite disco bars with lucky lucky men selling stuff outside.
The main parts of San An are as follows:
1. The Beachfront - Location of Es Paradis & Eden, on the beach.
2. The West End - 1 of the roudiest & craziest strips in the world.
3. The Sunset Strip - The "classy" end of town. Cafe Mambo etc.
First nite I ever spent in Ibiza was with a club 18-30 style bar crawl in the West End. At this time in life there was nothing more fun to me and my mates than seeing how many alcopops we could neck in an evening in and out of the west end bars. Hush was a definate favourite of ours for good house music and a top atmosphere, in 07 most of the bars were packed and buzzing til almost 7AM.
In 2009 when I recently visited, the west end was much quieter, slightly more stag dos and "beer boys" about and less fun as before, however the manicness of the main street with the people trying to get you in every bar and nearly naked ladies parading up and down. It's a very tacky place but many love it.
If Benidorm or Magaluf is your worst nightmare stay clear of the West end. However, if you want to get very drunk very cheaply (and very quickly) this is the place to be. There are bars playing every style of music and all have very good drinks promos, take around €20-€30 for a night here.
If you like things a bit more laid back try out the sunset strip or the beach front, bars like Bay Bar have a nice chilled out and classy feel that makes you almost forget you're in San An. Cafe Mambo and Cafe del Mar are epic places to watch the lovely sunsets (for many of you whilst popping a few..)
During the day San Antonio isn't great. It's main purpose is somewhere to host the mother of all hangovers. And it's main appeal is to low budget tourists. The beaches are small and packed, the cafes and resturants aren't great and the place is a bit of a dump really. You have the Ibiza Rocks hotel (formally Club Paraiso) just up the street which is pretty much ASBO central however great when you're drunk.
All in all, it's a great place for you're first trip to Ibiza, it is manic, and the party spirit is everywhere in this town. If you are a little bit more reserved stay way clear. You make think by my review that I hate the place but I have had some great nites here and some almost bareable days, I shall go back, but not to stay. If you like your alcohol, sex and commercial dance music this is the place to be. It still beats anywhere in the world for a huge night out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibiza's number 1 destination Hotel with cool accommodation, poolside vibes, like minded people and the biggest acts LIVE under the stars Ibiza Rocks Hotel offers a whole lifestyle under one roof, just minutes from the beach, the Sunset Strip and the West End. We are all about choice so whether it's music, food or accommodation options, we've got you covered. By day the Hotel boasts 2 outdoor pools, 4 bars and restaurants, Ibiza Rocks Merchandise Shop and an on-site supermarket. Our Ibiza Rocks Host team are in reception daily from 10am- Midnight to assist with all club ticket needs and queries. By night the Ibiza Rocks Hotel transforms into the home of live music in Ibiza, with the world famous poolside Ibiza Rocks gigs live under the stars every Wednesday, We Are Rockstars W.A.R! where electronic music takes centre stage every Friday, Craig David's TS5 Pool Party Sundays in July and August plus daily poolside sets soundtracked by our Resident DJs and special guests. As a guest in the Ibiza Rocks Hotel or Budget Apartments all tickets are included in the price of your booking if you're staying over gig dates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Ibiza Rocks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ibiza Rocks
- Club Paraiso Ibiza
- Hotel Paraiso Ibiza
- Ibiza Rocks Hotel Spain