“Would never go back”

Hotel Piscis
Dublin, Ireland
“Would never go back”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel with a group of friends. Staff on arrival were unhelpful and not very friendly. We had booked 2 triple rooms and one double room on the second floor. The lift is dodgy to say the least, we took it the first day and after that took the stairs. The rooms were basic with 3 single beds and a basic bathroom which suited us fine as we didn't plan on spending much time here. We had a small balcony which we didn't use overlooking the pool, the lock on the balcony door wasn't very stable but had no issues with it anyway. The wifi is terrible, only access in the reception area which takes ages to connect to and is slow at the best of times. On our third night there we arrived home from the night to find ants and bugs in two of the beds. We stayed in our friends room this night and complained about it in the morning. They sent cleaning staff up to clean the room that afternoon which we were happy with. That night again we arrived home at 5am to find more bugs in the bed. As some of my friends were leaving the following day I asked reception if I could check out my room and move into theirs so that we could stay in a clean room the last night to which they refused without giving a valid excuse. At this stage I had enough of them anyway so stayed out as long as possible on the last night and slept at the pool the next day before catching our evening flight home. I have no problem staying in basic hotels especially at a good price but not when its covered in ants. Never staying here again. On the positive side it is in a great location in San Antonio and we had a great holiday despite this.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 229!!!!
1 Thank Elainecj12
Jose Manuel C, Director General at Hotel Piscis, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear elainecj12,

First of all, we would like to thank you for the time that you spent sharing your opinion about Piscis Park here on Tripadvisor.

We are really sorry to hear that you could not enjoy your stay with us like many other costumers daily do. Our aim is to create a nice atmosphere and an enjoyable place to spend your holidays in.

Regarding the lifts, we would like to inform that we are in proces to improve this service. Our guests currently have 3 different lifts for them to use.

About the wifi, we offer free wifi in common areas and also in the rooms, although you have to pay for that one, our aim is to have free wifi all around the hotel.

We are really sorry about your incovenient with ants and bugs. We did everything we could in order to solve it immediately. The maid sprayed all your room, but we did not see any ant or bug.
Anyway, we will take it under consideration.

We offer our sincere apologies and hope that Grupoplayasol will still remain an option for your next holidays, as we offer different kind of hotels and certainly what you are looking for.

Kind regards from Ibiza.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend (both females & both 20 years old) stayed here after being so so worried!

DONT WORRY!! Its a decent hotel and expect an average hotel.

We were placed on the first floor (the noisiest) trust me, unless your coming in from a night out drunk then you wont get any sleep .. AT ALL

between 4am to around 7am people are very loud and all you can hear are all the doors slamming and people shouting but its a party hotel and it is ibiza! So we didn't mind so much!

The security men are on the door all the time so no problems, one came to the door to ask us to turn the music down at 12am (its ibiza though?) but he was really friendly about it and left us to it!

We went self catering and the bar men put as much drink as we wanted in so that was good! Pools a little small but the beach is literally opposite!

Awesome location!! And the rooms are dated but clean!

THE SAFE BOX IS ATTACHED TO THE WALL!! So get a safe box, maids come everyday .. Dont worry about people stealing, theres locks on the balcony doors and the front doors automatically shut just make sure you shut them properly!

All in all, great hol for the price so DO NOT WORRY!! Have fun!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Jose Manuel C, Director General at Hotel Piscis, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Alice E,

First of all, we would like to thank you for providing Piscis Park Hotel of your review here on Tripadvisor and for helping the rest of the travellers.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found Piscis Park Hotel suitable for your Ibiza experience. Also to see that you specially liked our location, bar service and security of our establishment.

We would really like to have you and your friend back at our hotel at your earliest convenience. It would be a great pleasure.

Sunny regards from Ibiza.
Reviewed 28 August 2014

after reading the reviews on here i was a little worried about staying at this hotel. we was half board. the food was average and acceptable for a 2* hotel.
we had no problems of things going missing or stealing however in Ibiza you should be very careful. i would advise not to take anything valuable take a cheap phone and only take limited money when going out at night and during the day, not all of it.
the rooms were OK and basic a bed, air con, and bath with fresh towels.
this hotel is for people that are there to have a good time. not a couple or family that want a relaxing holiday,
when using the lifts hold the number down until you get to the top don't let go and it works.
we was in room 404 with a lovely view and at the end of the corridor not in the hustle and bustle,
security guards do walk around the hotel and knock on your door if being noisy. they just tell you to turn in down and carry on.
you will get people knocking on your door asking for drugs but your in Ibiza. if you say no they simply carry on and don't get funny.
for the money we paid this was very acceptable and we was all more than happy.
in Ibiza its a must to do a boat party. its also very easy to buy tickets for clubs parties and other excursions just outside the hotel there is a booth with prices all legit.
outside the hotel there is a taxi boat just by the beach 1 min walk away for 4 euros you can go to the beach on the other side to the reggae reggae beach for a relaxed atmosphere.
plenty of shops around to get drinks snacks and everyday needs.
the strip is OK, average prices of drinks people asking you to come into there bars etc...good location.
for the price and what we wanted this meet-ed our needs.
do not worry have fun, stay safe and keep your mind n guard, as you would anywhere. and enjoy. :)

Room Tip: room 404 for a good view and at the end.
1 Thank Kellymlwarren
Jose Manuel C, Director General at Hotel Piscis, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Kellymlwarren,

First of all, let us thank you for the courtesy of the time that you spent sharing your feelings about Piscis Park Hotel here on Tripadvisor.

We are so glad to know that you had a great time during your stay with us at our establishment and that we achived to fulfill your expectations so that you could enjoy your Ibiza experience. Thank you for letting us be a part of it. We always like to read reviews like yours, as you made a long and detailed description of our hotel and facilities and also the surroundings. It will be very helpful for other travellers as well.

We hope you have a nice summer. We are looking forward to receive you again in your next visit to Ibiza.

Sunny regards.
London
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Without a doubt the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

I needed something for one extra night as friends were staying elsewhere and had decided to stay on. I had been in San An for 10 days already and stayed in 2 different cheap and cheerful, basic hotels. Both did what they said on the tin, no issues.

This was another level however - I felt scared and intimidated from the moment I walked in. Big, surly security at the door didn't bode well but turned out I was to be very glad of him as whilst waiting for the very slow check in staff to check me in (only 1 group ahead of me in the queue and was there over 30 very uncomfortable minutes) a drunken, drugged up lout started rampaging round reception, bleeding from several cuts all over the reception desk and demanding to jump the queue whilst spilling his drink over everyone. He started abusing me after I wouldn't let him queue jump, leaving me feeling very intimidated.

I then got stuck in the lift as it broke down between floors and had to activate the emergency button and someone came to get me. Apparently lifts hardly ever work, according to the kind person who helped me up 5 floors with my case and who had been there 10 days. This proved to be true, super old and slow if they worked and you were playing Russian Roulette if you were to get stuck if anyone would bother to come and get you. Staff did their (slow) best but you can't blame them for not caring working in a place like this.

Upon arrival at my room a person was passed out face down just along the corridor.

The doors lock from the inside by turning the handle so you never completely know if they are locked. Many times people tried the door or knocked on it and I felt very ill at ease leaving my things there or indeed sleeping there. The cleaners then barged in at 9am giving me a terrible fright.

The bathroom shower dripped and the air vent meant you could hear 100% of what was going on in the next room. Towels and linen seemed clean, although didn't want to really touch anything.

It was noisy 24/7 and although central and near the bus station in one of the seedier areas of town. Didn't even see the pool, wouldn't have dared seeing the drunken people in reception.

Needless to say I survived but I was frightened to be there and would highly recommend paying a few more pounds for somewhere else, plenty of safe, basic places in the town. I have no problem with basic but somewhere where you feel threatened and unsafe does not a holiday make. I was lucky to be there one night only and get out without any serious incident.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Jose Manuel C, Director General at Hotel Piscis, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Maserati100,

First of all, thank you for the time that you spent sharing your opinion about our establishment here on Tripadvisor.

We regret to hear that you could not enjoy your holidays with us like many other costumers daily do.

We would like to clarify that although Ibiza is mostly known for it's parties, the hotel is full of people who deserve their holidays to be respected. This is why we have security guards 24/7 in active. They help every department and every guest whatever their needs are: they try to keep the hotel as peaceful as possible. If guests report any problem, they help everybody immediately.

Regarding the lifts, we would like to inform that we have three different lifts that always work. If a lift has a problem, normally we solve it the same day or the following day that we notice the problem. Meanwhile, guest have other two at their complete disposal.

About the door, you can always be assured that it is completely locked if you doble lock it with the key, which is always recommendable. Maids clean daily every room and common area, so they have to check and ask the costumer if it is fine for them at that time every day.

Anyway, we apologize for all the incovenients that you could find during your stay with us. We hope and Grupoplayasol still remain an option for your next holidays.

Kind regards.

Travellers are raving about these Sant Antoni de Portmany hotels

Bedworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

i must firstly start off by saying IGNORE THE BAD REVIEWS, me and my friends were absolutely petrified about stopping here after reading all the bad reviews. there is literally nothing to worry about! get a safe, lock your suitcases and double lock your doors and keep them shut, why do some people not bother doing this? the girls next door to us left there door fully open for everyone to see and abandoned it and people wonder why others rob things when you leave doors open like that? just be sensible and you'll be fine. only criticism is some of the idiots that stop there in massive groups and don't know when to be quiet, but once again that's not the hotels fault. also check in was quick, air con was lovely, god knows what everyone else is talking about?!?! honestly go to this hotel and give it a chance, location is superb! this is a super honest review from a 20 year old girl who did nothing but worry the whole time before we went! enjoy your stay at piscis park its brill :)

2 Thank Lucy B
Dear Lucy B,

First of all, let us say that we highly appreciate the time that you spent to share your experience at Piscis Park Hotel here on Tripadvisor.

We are thrilled to read that you had such a brilliant holidays with us. Also to know about your satisfaction with all the services and facilities. We always love to read reviews like yours, as they are the best source of motivation for us to keep improving even more and also a reward for our daily efforts to make our costumers happy with their choice.

Thank you for the confidence you placed on us. We hope you had a pleasant return journey and look forward to see you again in your next visit to our beautiful island.

Warmest regards from Ibiza.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This is a hotel in the party capital of Europe yet we had a security guard come to our door telling us to turn the music down, also a fellow resident came to our door saying he couldn't get to sleep at midnight,I offered him a pillow, midnight is when you're supposed to be heading out ffs.
If you want to lay by the pool make sure you are at the doors before 10am as after that you've no chance there are very few sun loungers poolside. The pool closes at 6pm and the bar closes at 11pm make sure you leave at this time as the security guards are very rude and aggressive and just want to get home. The lifts never work, so if you're on the 5th floor like we were it's a good way to burn some of the vodka off. The food looks great but looks are deceiving, the chips are always cold in fact the salad was warmer. Nearly everybody round the pool are on some kind of substance so if you're not into that kind of thing you will feel out of place. Get a safe if you have cash, 1 person had 1000 euros stolen from their room and 3 girls had their phone stolen round the pool on the same day. The female staff are very pleasant but the males all have a chip on their shoulders a cold one at that. Our air con didn't work properly the whole week so I took my mattress next door and slept on my friends floor as theirs worked.
This is definitely the worst hotel I've stayed in but it is 2 stars for a reason I'd give it a bit of a star.

Room Tip: Get another hotel.
6 Thank George H
Jose Manuel C, Director General at Hotel Piscis, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear George H,

First of all, thank you for the time that took you sharing your opinion about our establishment here on Tripadvisor.

We would like to clarify that although Ibiza is mostly known for it's parties, the hotel is full of people who deserve their holidays to be respected. This is why we have a common rules that everybody has to follow. The same happens with no residents at the hotel: for everyone's security, we never allow visits upstairs. Please be assured that this rules have the aim to keep everyone safe and as happy as possible.

Also, we are sorry that you did not contact with our reception staff to solve the air conditioning problem in your room, as we are always willing to help and it would have been fixed the first day.

About the safe, we would like to say that actually it is for free (20€ deposit for the key). We have an exclusive and unique key for each one and it is very recommendable for everyone to ask for it at reception in order to keep their most valuable belongings inside.

Anyway, we apologize for your incovenients and hope that Grupoplayasol will still remain an option for your next holidays.

Kind regards.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here for a week in August and was worried about the safety of our belongings due to previous reviews however we had no problem at all even though the headboard of the bed in one of the rooms had 'if you stay here you will get robbed'. I recommend no matter what you purchase a safe and make sure you always lock your room because the majority of the doors didn't seem to be that secure even when locked. The food was poor but what can you expect for a 2 star rating hotel the choice was poor however if you like fish then there shouldn't be a problem. As for location it's perfect really close to all the action and the bus station to the clubs and events. Overall didn't have a problem but please make sure you get a SAFE!!

1 Thank Ben M
Jose Manuel C, Director General at Hotel Piscis, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Ben M,

First of all, we would like to thank you for the time that you spent sharing your thoughts about Piscis Park Hotel here on Tripadvisor.

We are very glad to know that you enjoyed in general your stay with us, as well as to know that you felt safe in our hotel.

We regret to hear that we could not please your taste regarding the food. However, we will take under consideration your comments in order to improve, as we always study all of our guests suggestions.

Thank you very much for the confidence that you placed on us. It was our pleasure to have you as a guest and truly hope to see you back at your earliest convenience.

Best wishes from Ibiza.