“Fantastic location and great service”
Review of Bellamar Hotel

Bellamar Hotel
Cardiff Wales
“Fantastic location and great service”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

First time to Ibiza for my friend and I and could not have chosen a better Hotel or location. This is San Antonio Bay with great views and a short water taxi which costs 2.50 euros to San Antonio town. It is also a lovely walk over which takes between 20-30 minutes depending which way you go. There is a buffet breakfast and dinner both which were very good. Our room was great with balcony views overlooking the sea. Have stayed in many Hotels and must say this was very clean and the staff were all friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Shout out to Andreas on the bar from late afternoon until closing and all the day time staff. Quite a mix of people from stag/ hen groups to families and couples. It is one of only a few 4* Hotels in this area and great value for what we paid flying from Cardiff with Thomas Cook. Would most certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We booked via Thomas Cook but ended up with. Great balcony sea view room on the 5th floor. Totally r...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank KT182

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed at the Bellamar for 5 nights in early June with my girlfriend and I can definitely recommend this hotel. I am a bit of an Ibiza veteran , I’ve stayed in Playa d’en Bossa the previous four visits to Ibiza, but decided on a return to San Antonio Bay this time around for a change. I’ve stayed in San Antonio and the Bay before, both hotels were pretty dreadful, it seems there are quite a few bad hotels, particularly in San Antonio, so it’s always advisable to do a bit of research if you have decided it is this part of Ibiza that you wish to stay in.

One thing I’m not a huge fan of in San Antonio, is the “larger louts” and big groups of drunk idiots floating about, (even though I was probably one of these types in my earlier 20s). If you are a big group who like the music and want to party, I’d recommend the Jet Apartments (see my other review), but if you are going in a small group or as a couple, this hotel is ideal.

The location is perfect, far enough along the bay to be quiet (and away from the groups of drunks at the West End), but close enough to walk to the great bars along the sunset strip. If you are looking to go Café Mambos or down to the West End, I’d probably recommend a taxi (this will only cost 8-12 Euros). This hotel is literally next door to the Ocean Club, about 2 mins away.

There was a great mix of people, from younger couples and small groups, to the older clientele and it created a civilised and relaxed atmosphere around the pool. The pool area is impressive, very clean, a nice size with great views onto the coast and we had no trouble getting sun beds, although we found the best ones were taken early, so I’d recommend getting down early doors to secure them (if you care about this).

The pool is freezing, I literally couldn’t get in, it was that cold. However on the plus side, there is a Jacuzzi there as well, which served the purpose of cooling me down after lying in the sun for too long. The bar area is nice, the staff were friendly, one mistake was when I asked for “no cheese” and I got “no chips,” but this was soon rectified and probably down to my Geordie Spanish.

Our room was great, very clean (cleaned daily) and nice and cool with the air con (100% vital element in a room in Ibiza). We had great views from our balcony, where we could watch the sun set at the evening, I would recommend paying the extra for a sea view room. We had a good sized TV (with English channels) and had perfect (free) Wi-Fi access.

The Spa downstairs was extra, we had a look but didn’t use it. The lobby area is a bit dated, but we had a good feel of the hotel and it had great character. We had breakfast a couple of mornings, there was good choice, but I can’t say I thought much of “English fry up” options, but this could be down to the Spanish meat and dairy.

Overall, this hotel is perfect for couples and small groups. Those who want to chill out through the day, have a good night’s sleep, but remain close enough to the action in San Antonio.

7 Thank Alex T
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My sister and I went for a relaxing break here and it was perfect! The hotel is located 5 mins from ocean beach, 10 mins from es paradis and ibiza rocks bar. The spa is nice but maybe slightly overpriced as circuit is quite small however treatments amazing! Beach is beautiful and the views stunning. I would recommend this hotel to both younger clients wanting a holiday with the party side of island within a short distance but also more mature who want a classy hotel with extra touches, nice food and beach. Never a problem getting sunbeds they don't let you into pool until 9 so no need to be up at 6 to reserve a bed :) they rent a towel for €10 deposit each and you get this back at end of stay and safe is €18 per week. Thank you for a lovely visit! I shall be back sometime soon

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kayleigh B
Manchester
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed last year and only just thought to write a review as only here for short stay before moving to our first choice of hotels. Hotel is very well kept and the food was really good. Pool was cold but we still went in for a quick dip .Sea was warmer and very good for snorkeling with plenty of big fish but never the less the pool should still be warm enough to enjoy when you have forked out for it!! Guy on reception was a grumpy English man who was a wannabee Spaniard. I don't think he looked me in the eye once as I was speaking to him and he looked as if he was totally disinterested in his job and the people in the hotel. Management probably have no idea how this can affect peoples holidays and thus have a knock on affect on trade in the bigger picture. Just look at your figures and cross reference it with employment start dates. It's not rocket science! This said the hotel was clean and well maintained and I would consider a longer stay in the future especially if they tweek grumpy the receptionist up through charm school and make him choose which nationality he want's to be! Tip to management- remember your customers are the reason you are in business- give a little and make the indoor pool accessible for free or put the heating on in the outdoor pool. You want people to go away and rave about this place which I know they would with just these couple of things revised. You've got a top spot and a little diamond here!! Just need to polish it!

Room Tip: Front sea view for sure! Amazing views and sunsets!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank pajoby2004Manchester
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Went to Bellamar as a group of 5 23/24 year olds as we wanted a nice hotel not too far from San Antonio and this was perfect! We went half board, and no the breakfast and evening meals were great. Lots of choice. Breakfast included a full English, pancakes, omelette, pastries, cereal, yogurts, hot drinks and cold drinks. The beach is just across the road and there is a shop next door to the hotel with lots of restaurants nearby. A taxi into the west end is about 5/6€ or a 20-25 min walk. Loads of bars along the way to drop into including ibiza rocks bar which is about 5-10 mins from the hotel. Ocean beach club is 5 min walk. Amazing hotel in an ideal location for us although quiet in the daytime which suited us fine. Would definitely come back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank layoud
Banbury
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel was chosen as it ticked all the boxes for us, Central for buses and a prom for walking along. It was chosen on price as Sant Antonio was not a location we would normally have chosen. It was far enough away from the Central Antonio to be quiet during the evenings. A stroll to the town was about 30 minutes to the bus station, if you are younger you could achieve quicker times. Buses are easy to use and cheap and we visited Ibiza old town worth the visit but be prepared for a step climb. The newer Ibiza town has lots of shops and the harbour so there is something for most. The Bellamar was a clean friendly hotel, the staff were always pleasant and helpful. The rooms are well appointed and by sheer luck we were on the side of the hotel 5th floor which gave views of the hills and sea. You have use of a kettle but take your own coffee/tea as the free ones are not very good. The downside of this hotel is that if you go walking in the morning while its cooler, when you want a lounger it's hard to find one especially as guests appear to put towels out early and disappear off so your stuck unless you sit in the chairs in the shade. If you manage a lounger umbrellas are in short supply which means if like me you need the shade you are left with the seating in the cool rather than get some sun.overall worth the money. Where this comes across as a hotel for older clients it is not quiet so a couple we met said it's changed since last year there were quiet a lot of young adults and could be rowdy by the pool on occasions.

Room Tip: Probably sea view is best but higher floors are quieter.
2 Thank Pat B
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed at the Bellamar with my husband and his parents from 31st May to 7th June 2014 as a special treat for our first wedding anniversary. The hotel is beautiful and the staff, from reception to waiting staff, are all exceptionally friendly and helpful. They all speak good English but a few pleasantaries in Spanish is appreciated.
On arrival, our rooms weren't ready so we headed to the pool bar for drinks. Be aware, the cocktails and spirits are pricey at around €8 but the beers and wines are good value. Tip- the house wines in the restaurant are delicious and only €9.50, a perfect accompaniment to your evening meal. The buffet-style breakfasts and dinners are fantastic! I've stayed a a few hotels in San An and the Bellamar is by far the best where the food is concerned. Plenty of choice and good quality.
The rooms are beautifully clean and spacious and our rooms (204 & 204) had lovely views of the sea when you look to the right. To the left, there were side views of the buildings next door but you can forgive those when you see the beautiful sunsets. Towels are changed daily and bed linen once or twice during the week. I read a few negative comments regarding thefts from rooms but I must say that I left jewellery and my mobile phone in full view of the housekeeper and everything was exactly where I left it after she'd serviced the room. Do make sure you use the safe for your passports and cash though.
The pool area is lovely with ample sunbeds, however the sunbed game does apply here so be prepared to get down early with your towels to get the spot you want! I used the pool every day but my hubby was reluctant as it was absolutely freezing! It was early June so I imagine it'll be warmer during July & August when the sun has had chance to heat it. The jacuzzi on the top sundeck is absolutely amazing, even in the hot sunshine. It was lovely to get out of the cold pool and jump straight into the gorgeous warm bubbles. If you're more of a beach person, the beach it just across the road and my in-laws tell me the sea was fab.
We didn't use the spa at all as the weather was far too nice and we didn't want to miss any sunshine but from what I could see, some of the treatments were a little pricey.
The hotel is around a 30 minute walk to the centre of San An, look our for the Columbus Egg, and it's a lovely walk straight along the promenade. The Ocean Beach Club is 5 minutes away and the other bars along the front, like Itaca and Ibiza Rocks are fab. The amazing sunset strip is about a 40 minute walk from the hotel, straight through the centre of town and up past the harbour. You MUST do this at least once during your stay, it really is breathtaking.
Overall, we loved our stay at the Bellamar and we will definitely be back!

2 Thank VickyMurphy_1
Sol Beach House Ibiza
Sol Beach House Ibiza
#13 of 56 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Sol House Ibiza mixed by Ibiza Rocks
Sol House Ibiza mixed by Ibiza R...
#11 of 99 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
#3 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Aguas de Ibiza
Aguas de Ibiza
#2 of 56 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Bellamar Hotel? Share your experiences!