“great stay”
Review of Bellamar Hotel

Bellamar Hotel
Reviewed 26 June 2014

great hotel staff helpful .good mix of age groups.tips for you the number 9 bus from the airport stops bang outside the hotel also on the hour for the return 4 euros each way stops at reggae beech for 2 euros also. just around from the ocean beach club .a top day out. loads of eateries outside the hotel one doing 3 pints for 6 euro's beat that lol. all in all a top location .we will return in sept

2  Thank connermark61

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Because I made a mistake in booking, we arrived at Bellamar a day early, but the Bellamar staff and mgmt were totally sympathetic and accommodating. We had to wait an extra 10 mins for our room, but they did totally made it work out! We couldn't get a sea-facing room, but we were not disappointed with our street-side room. No street noise and the balcony gave us a nice shady place to read with a glass of wine. Room was clean and spacious, despite having a rollaway for our adult daughter. Pool, massage, spa, breakfast and common areas were also just perfect! We were close enough to talk to the port for a ferry to Formentera and a lively restaurant/bar scene, but free from a lot of noise or loud music. We would highly recommend Hotel Bellamar!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jgmills
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We returned from a wonderful holiday last week.
The hotel was excellent a lot better than we expected.
The staff were very friendly and helpful - we had a problem with the toilet not flushing and it was repaired when we returned a couple of hours later.
Everything was clean and tidy, the staff worked hard.
There was no fights for the sunbeds as in other hotels - we had plenty of choice even into the afternoon.
We only booked in for bed and breakfast and the food was average but plenty of choice.
The only problem was the lift. It seem to have a mind of its own. It didn't give you chance to get in before the doors closed. My husband was almost knocked over one day and I got a bruised elbow another. We did talk to other guests who had similar experiences.
Overall though a splendid hotel.

3  Thank di51
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Ideal location in San Antonio Bay. Think of the bay as the shape of a horseshoe with the "West End" and Sunset Cafes such as Mambo, Del Mar etc at the top right end of the horseshoe and the Bellamar is right in the centre. It's an easy 20 mins stroll along the beach promenade to the "West End" which is much rowdier and busier. Dare I say tacky as well but everyone's idea of a holiday is different, I was just glad we weren't staying in this area.

Walk out of the hotel and turn left and you'll come across nice bars, restaurants etc all much quieter. You'll find quite a few more family orientated beaches to the left as well.

My hubbie and I love to walk so we found the 45 mins dander to Cafe Mambo to watch the sunset really very pleasant and not overly difficult at all. However, be aware that the closer you get to the "West End" the more PR people you will encounter. To be honest you do get approached ALOT but as soon as you say you're not interested they wish you a good holiday and that's the end of it. Unlike places we have visited before, the PR guys were very respectful. If you want to avoid them all together just stick to the main road when walking to the "West End" it will take an extra 5/10mins and obviously is not as scenic as strolling along the beach promenade.

We had breakfast at the Bellamar as part of our package which was great. More than enough food and regularly replaced once the trays were empty. Plenty of choice for all tastes. Breakfast was served 8:30-10:30am every morning.

I recommend getting a bed at the pool straight after breakfast if not before, they go really quickly even though you're not supposed to reserve beds!

Food at the pool was actually of an excellent quality and very well priced.

Accommodation was totally adequate. Not overly luxurious or modern considering it's a 4 star hotel but spotlessly clean, lots of toiletries in the bathroom, comfy pillows, sheets and additional blankets if necessary. A/C, Hairdryer, flat screen TV, fridge (fantastic item to have in the room and you don't have to pay extra!!) etc all standard in each room.

Supermarkets on either side of the hotel selling everything you could need and the fact that you have a fridge in the room meant bottles of water and snacks were to hand at all times.

Yes the sea view would be lovely if you wanted to splash the cash, however we used the extra pennies to get a front row table at Cafe Mambo instead to watch the sunset. One of thee most spectacular things you'll ever see. Plus we had the table for the full night from 7pm. We had a room overlooking the side street which was extremely quiet and didn't bother us at all that we couldn't see the sea every day.

Be aware that towels are provided by the hotel for the pool at a cost of €10 each which is refunded at the end of your stay. The in room safe was also €18 per week again returned when you check out.

I would visit the Bellamar hotel again as it was in an ideal location however, do visit other parts of the island! The nearest bus station is just a 15 mins walk down the promenade to the "Columbus Egg" (just ask and people will point the way). For €2 per person each way we visited Ibiza Town which is on the other side of the island (approx 25 on the bus) for the day. Loads of shops such as Zara, MAC etc as well as lots of boutiques, large marina, restaurants, bars obviously all alot more of a traditional style to San Antonio. Really enjoyable and something abit different.

Visited great restaurants during our stay - Villa Mercedes, Tapas - and will be reviewing these separately.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked Hotel Orisis and it was extremely quiet!
8  Thank McAuley2007
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just returned from our third visit to this fab hotel.The service at the Bellamar is unique. The staff through out hotel are marvelous.The reception and restaurant staff are always very helpful, nothing is a bother to them.

Room Tip: high floor back of hotel you see the great sun sets.
3  Thank margaret m
Reviewed 17 June 2014

First time to Ibiza for my friend and I and could not have chosen a better Hotel or location. This is San Antonio Bay with great views and a short water taxi which costs 2.50 euros to San Antonio town. It is also a lovely walk over which takes between 20-30 minutes depending which way you go. There is a buffet breakfast and dinner both which were very good. Our room was great with balcony views overlooking the sea. Have stayed in many Hotels and must say this was very clean and the staff were all friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Shout out to Andreas on the bar from late afternoon until closing and all the day time staff. Quite a mix of people from stag/ hen groups to families and couples. It is one of only a few 4* Hotels in this area and great value for what we paid flying from Cardiff with Thomas Cook. Would most certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We booked via Thomas Cook but ended up with. Great balcony sea view room on the 5th floor. Totally r...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank KT182
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed at the Bellamar for 5 nights in early June with my girlfriend and I can definitely recommend this hotel. I am a bit of an Ibiza veteran , I’ve stayed in Playa d’en Bossa the previous four visits to Ibiza, but decided on a return to San Antonio Bay this time around for a change. I’ve stayed in San Antonio and the Bay before, both hotels were pretty dreadful, it seems there are quite a few bad hotels, particularly in San Antonio, so it’s always advisable to do a bit of research if you have decided it is this part of Ibiza that you wish to stay in.

One thing I’m not a huge fan of in San Antonio, is the “larger louts” and big groups of drunk idiots floating about, (even though I was probably one of these types in my earlier 20s). If you are a big group who like the music and want to party, I’d recommend the Jet Apartments (see my other review), but if you are going in a small group or as a couple, this hotel is ideal.

The location is perfect, far enough along the bay to be quiet (and away from the groups of drunks at the West End), but close enough to walk to the great bars along the sunset strip. If you are looking to go Café Mambos or down to the West End, I’d probably recommend a taxi (this will only cost 8-12 Euros). This hotel is literally next door to the Ocean Club, about 2 mins away.

There was a great mix of people, from younger couples and small groups, to the older clientele and it created a civilised and relaxed atmosphere around the pool. The pool area is impressive, very clean, a nice size with great views onto the coast and we had no trouble getting sun beds, although we found the best ones were taken early, so I’d recommend getting down early doors to secure them (if you care about this).

The pool is freezing, I literally couldn’t get in, it was that cold. However on the plus side, there is a Jacuzzi there as well, which served the purpose of cooling me down after lying in the sun for too long. The bar area is nice, the staff were friendly, one mistake was when I asked for “no cheese” and I got “no chips,” but this was soon rectified and probably down to my Geordie Spanish.

Our room was great, very clean (cleaned daily) and nice and cool with the air con (100% vital element in a room in Ibiza). We had great views from our balcony, where we could watch the sun set at the evening, I would recommend paying the extra for a sea view room. We had a good sized TV (with English channels) and had perfect (free) Wi-Fi access.

The Spa downstairs was extra, we had a look but didn’t use it. The lobby area is a bit dated, but we had a good feel of the hotel and it had great character. We had breakfast a couple of mornings, there was good choice, but I can’t say I thought much of “English fry up” options, but this could be down to the Spanish meat and dairy.

Overall, this hotel is perfect for couples and small groups. Those who want to chill out through the day, have a good night’s sleep, but remain close enough to the action in San Antonio.

7  Thank Alex T
#1 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
ME Ibiza
ME Ibiza
#6 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Bellamar Hotel? Share your experiences!