Bellamar Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Osiris(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
  • Pool
Hotel Neptuno(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
  • Pool
Alua Hawaii Ibiza(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
  • Restaurant
THB Ocean Beach(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
  • Pool
Marina Playa Hotel & Apartments(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
View Hotel
Hotel Diana(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
View Hotel
Club Hotel Nautilus(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
  • Restaurant
Aparthotel Reco des Sol(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
View Hotel
Apartamentos La Kiki(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
  • Breakfast included
Sirena Appartements(San Agustin)
View Hotel
All reviewssan antonio baysea viewpool areahalf boardspa facilitiesexcellent hotelwest endbreakfast and dinneribiza townplenty of choiceplenty of sunbedstea and coffeenext yearreception staffmin walkhotel is spotlessly cleanbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2010

We stayed here for two weeks in June and really liked the hotel. It is clean and has everything you need (clean, big room, nice bathroom, spa, gym, bar, restaurant and pool).
We booked halfboard and can't fault the restaurant.
Hotel is located right across the road from the beach but we would recommend to walk an extra two minutes to spend your time in front of the "DuNa" restaurant at the beach as it is more quiet and not so close to the street. The restaurant itself by the way is fantastic, menue offers a huge choice and food is excellent!
In front of the hotel is a bus stop. From there you can take the bus to the Calla Bassa or Calla Comte beach, which are amazing with crystal clear waters and white beaches. One way just costs you € 2,00 and it takes twenty minutes.
St. Antonio is a 10/15 minute walk away from the hotel. Hotel was far away from all the partykiddies and not affected by the local nightlife so you get a decent sleep.

Reviewed 17 June 2010

Firstly this was our first trip away without our little one and we had a great time.A week before we arrived at the Bellamar I sent an email to request a high floor ,adjoining rooms with sea view as we were travelling with friends received a prompt email back to say they would try their best to accommodate.Arrived with friends to find all requests taking care off so great start.
Hotel is on a great location straight accross from the beach and a good 15 min walk into San antonio or hop in a taxi for 5 euro.
All areas of this hotel are spotless from the rooms to the poolside toilets!!!
I found the food to be of a very good standard plenty of choice and always hot I dont see how anyone could moan.
Pool area again is lovely beds are a little close together but we never had a problem getting beds and there were 6 of us.
We were looking for a good standard of accommodation to go and experience the clubs of Ibiza and the Bellamar ticked all the boxes.
The only thing that is dissapointing but has nothing to do with the hotel is that the resorts of San Antonio and the Bay have gone really downhill grass areas are unkept,dog litter all over pavements its really not a pretty resort to look at would def not take my family.

Reviewed 14 June 2010

We had booked this break through monarch and were generally really impressed although for a hotel described as a four star spa hotel you still have to pay a supplement of 10 euros per guest for the use of any supposed included "spa" facilities such as the jacuzzi. The room given to us was a little on the small side for three women and the beds were packed in so close together one of us ended up sleeping on the floor instead but for the amount of sleep actually expected in San An' I guess this wasn't too bad!!
The location was ideal for getting into the west end area and the hotel staff, especially Dominique on reception, were friendly, we have come back to England wanting to go back and do it all again so generally thanks to the Bella Mar.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2010

After agonising over where to stay for my short break I chose the Bellamar.

This was a big big mistake: I had asked for sea view but my room directly overooked the Osiris apartments which were so close to hotel you could hear all their entertainment.
The hotel advertises Sound-proofed room, well if my room 208 was soundproofed then I am Barak Obama. I could hear every noise from the road which included horns tooting away, bins being emptied (this seemed to take place in the middle of night although I didnt get up to investigate. From 7.30am I could hear terrible scraping noises from chairs as my room overlooked the dining room so little chance of a lie in. Although I tried! as I was out late at the rock festival which was taking place and got in about 2 am.

Now to the breakfast - on my 1st day I asked for an omlette. You would think I had requested to go to the moon and back! after a reluctant OK I got my omlette.
Half way through eating I pulled out a big black hair, just as the waitress was clearing away plates, I showed her as I pulled it out and she just shrugged an looked totally disinterested and continued clearing tables YUCK. I do like a nice refreshing glass of fresh orange juice in the morning, well sorry not here, just some chemical rubbish out of a machine, However I recommend guests take the oranges they have cut into chunks and squeeze a fresh glass themselves I did this and although messy at least it was fresh.
I recommend the breakfast at the pub opposite the hotel.

Now to service and this is where it gets really good! I told the lady on reception about the hair in my omlette and the waitress es reaction at least hoping for a profuse apology, however she left me speechless when she said 'well it wasnt one of mine' how lovely!

I've travelled to many 4 star hotels including ibiza but was staggered to find out that the
courtesy room for late check outs was actually the spa changing rooms - no privacy here then! no lockable door for you to have a shower and change. I was fuming. Luckily only one lady came in to use the loo when I was in a state of undress.

So all in all the hotel was absolute crap. I am returning to Ibiza in July - but my friends and I have booked an apartment from a private renter. Last year I stayed in the El Coto apartments in Ibiza which I would rate much more highly than this hole. and I have also stayed in Torre del mar and the hostel Tahiti on formentera which were lovely.

Only went to the pool area the last day - if you being very close to everyone you will love it here.

Dont expect a luxurious spa - it was tiny and I didnt see any staff there.

Was anything good about hotel - well they did have PG tips teabags at brekkie.
Was that it - um yes!

So if you have booked this hotel are you feeling lucky? . I shall be writing to the tourist board to question the 4 star rating.

Ibiza is lovely thought and I am coming back but never to this dump.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank suzhLondon_uk
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We stayed here for the first week in June and our first impressions were very positive. The main entrance is in a side street, but it was attractive and impressive. All the reception staff speak English very well, so there are no language difficulties. We were pleased to see that our fellow guests were not all Brits; there was a smattering of other nationalities, and Germans were present in large numbers.

The pool itself was modest in size, but there were ample sunbeds for everyone. The hotel had a sensible policy of not opening the pool area until about 9 am, which did away with the tedious and frustrating "claiming" of sunbeds by putting towels on them at ridiculously early hours. We stayed at a hotel in Majorca several years ago where people started reserving sunbeds at 6am!

We paid extra for a seaview and our room did not disappoint in this respect. The views of the beach and the sea were excellent. The bathroom was small and could not be used by two people at the same time. Nevertheless it was clean and towels were changed every day, if required. The airconditioning was welcome and the in-room controls were easy to use.

Evening entertainment is always a big part of my holiday and I must confess that the hotel let me down in this regard. We were there for seven nights, but entertainment was only provided on two evenings. OK - I accept that we were close to San Antoni, with its many clubs and bars, but after a long day on the beach / sightseeing I like to stretch out in a comfortable hotel chair, order a cold beer or two, veg out and watch a show. There were waiters providing table service, but we sometimes had to wait a long while to be served.

The hotel is very well located. There's a small and clean beach just across the road where renting sunbeds and umbrellas will set you back 5 euros each per day. There are a couple of snackbars located on the beach for periodic refreshment. Underneath the hotel is a small supermarket for essential items. It carried a reasonable range of British newspapers, too. The taxi rank is in the road adjacent.

The restaurant is buffet style, with a reasonable choice of items. We had hoped to see at least one evening given over to show-cooking, or to local specialities, but this didn't happen.

On our last evening we ordered an early breakfast because we were being picked up before the restaurant opened. Several other guests were doing the same. However, hotel staff forgot to action these requests and we left without breakfast.

Many of the largest nightclubs were opening for the season whilst we were there. But we thought that the credit crunch had some impact on the resort. There were signs that some building projects were in abbeyance and some bars and restaurants had closed permanently.

From our observations, the Bellamar appeared to be one of the best - if not the best - hotel in the locality. It's very much a hotel for adults, though, and I wouldn't consider it suitable for children. Facilities are good and the staff are friendly, but its let down a little by some indifferent customer service.