“Just what i expected.”

Hotel Vedra
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Just what i expected.”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed in Hotel Vedra from Sat 6th to Tue 9th of July. I paid about £95 for all three nights. i stayed on my own as my friends were staying in a hotel 3 mins walk away.
Because of the price I knew the hotel wasn't going to be the best I have stayed in and it wasnt. But it was in a good location as its in the center of San Antonio near the west end. It was noisy at night but I was getting in late and because I had a few drinks i fell asleep without any problem. The room was clean and surprising spacious. The showers was a bit small but all facilities in the room worked. The beds were comfortable and they we change on 2 of the 3 days. The hotel is 2 mins walk from the beech, 1 min from the the west end bars and there are plenty of shops and restaurants withing a min walk.
The area was known for thief as I found out on my first night, i had my wallet nicked. But that could happen anywhere young Brits go out drinking.
For a cheap weekend away this hotel was perfect and if was going to go Ibiza again then would certainly consider the Hotel Verdra.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank 00dtaylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This hotel is exactly what you'd have expected for location and price. It was perfect for us as we wanted to be near the West End strip, shops and beach. The maid came in and cleaned the room every morning even though we left it in a state, the beds were made but no fresh sheets. We had a room with two single beds and an ensuite, which was big enough for the two of us and the little balcony wasn't that bad! Its perfect for the price you pay and the location is the best aspect.
If you're not going to Ibiza for the party scene, Hotel Vedra would probably be in a too lively and loud location - although this was perfect for us. It is quite small and the facilities aren't amazing but you get exactly what you pay for, at a good price.
Our stay was very enjoyable and we would recommend Hotel Vedra!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jessica B
Bangkok
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Rooms are dirty and not cleaned unless you ask to the management every day. Furnitures are really old.. The quality compared to what you pay is really low. The wifi doesn't work at all. There are plenty hotels around that area for a fair price.I couldn't suggest to nobody to go this hotel.The elevator is so slow that you arrive before walking up the stairs...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Vldmrx

Travellers are raving about these Sant Antoni de Portmany hotels

Reviewed 19 August 2012

The room we stayed in was decent however the balcony was extremely small and the housekeeping would rarely change the sheets/towels and we often ran out of toilet paper. The man that looked after the desk at night was on some sort of power trip as he would not let any of our friends, who were staying at a different hotel, in after 7pm. He mentioned that we have to speak to the staff in the day if we wanted friends to come in at night. After speaking to the day staff it came to night time again and he would not allow anyone in so he basically lied to us and was extremely rude in telling us to leave. Not only did this ruin the beginning of the night it also made us very late to the clubs on my birthday because we were intending to drink in the room but had to go down the westend instead. The view was a building site and the showers would rarely work properly. Overall the service the staff provided us ruined our stay and we had wished we payed an extra 100 pound for a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank ajewd
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Overall Hotel Vedra is a pretty decent hotel. One of the best things about this place is its' location. It's right around the corner from the main drag in San Antoni where all the craziness takes place. Several different restaurants, bars/pubs, shopping, and even the beach is all located within a 5 min walk. Club Eden and Club Es Paradis are within a short 10 min walk. It's a reasonable price for Ibiza standards. It is however worth it to pay a little extra for the room with air conditioning. It can get pretty hot during the summer time. The room is a respectable size. Showers were quite small though. Most of the rooms, if not all, has its' own personal balcony. Free wi-fi is located throughout the hotel which I always find as a plus. Bed was basic and could have been more comfortable. There was only one outlet to plug in electronics which ended up being an issue when you have to decide what is more important, my camera, my phone, or my laptop. I would consider this hotel a good deal but what prevented it from receiving a better rating was the customer service. The manager was very polite, respectful and was genuinely concerned about any issues that I may have had. What really angered me was the maid service. The entire week I was there my room was only cleaned twice and that is because I complained. After 3 days of my room not being cleaned I saw her cleaning the room directly next door to mine. I asked her politely if she could clean my room and she told me no! I have never heard of a maid refusing to clean a room. When I asked for a reason she told me that her shift is ending and that she has a lot of stuff to do! This was a complete shock! In the many hotels I have visited I have never experienced anything like this. I was completely out of toilet paper, my sheets were a mess, and my towels were damp and dirty. The younger receptionist was the complete opposite of the helpful manager. On his phone 99% of the time it was as if I was bothering him if I had any questions. When I went to complain the manager wasn’t around. The young man told me that if I don't leave the room and give the key to the reception by 12:00pm then they are not able to clean my room. He told me they only have one key available for each room and that is why they need to have my key to get into my room so they are able to clean it. He lied directly to my face! The lie was obvious because the maid had a ring of keys to all the rooms in the door when I asked her to clean my room. When I told the young receptionist that I didn’t even have any toilet paper he grinned and reached for a roll from under his desk. I was infuriated! I’m not going to completely down play this hotel because of this incident but it definitely made it difficult to give it a good review.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2011

After reading some of the reviews and struggling to find the hotel once in Ibiza we was very pleasantly please. Hotel is right by the main west end, short walk from beach, cafe's & the sun set strip. Bit nosey at night but it is in the heart of the main area so expected that. Room was large with 2 sets of balcony doors and a large balcony going rd the room, bathroom was ok, large double bed and fan in the room, for 70euros for a double room for 1 night this hotel is definitely worth it, great for our short 2 day break.

• Stayed August 2011