“Great for what a lads/girls holiday to Ibiza requires”

Hotel Playasol Marco Polo II
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I've just been on my stag weekend to Ibiza and we stayed here. When people slag this place off what are they expecting for such a low price. The pools nice, rooms cleaned every day, good bar and all you need to crash there every night or get ready to go out.

The only thing I'd moan about is the noise in the rooms as the walls seem paper thin but on the other hand if you're staying in San Antonio you can't expect peace and tranquility.

Room Tip: Request room with pool view, we did and got one
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I read the reviews before we went nd was dreading it! Its nothing by far how people are saying about it, i had the best time ever the hotel was good there is nothing wrong with it very clean nd basic. Theres air con nd wifi i would defo reccomend for people to stay here i came with my boyfriend nd we both had amazing time

Room Tip: Best to get a pool view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paige M
Reviewed 13 September 2013

4 of us went September 2012 for the closing parties, stayed for 7 nights here, got the hotel really cheap and we had absolutely no problems, air con was fine, tunes were decent chilling by the pool, drinks pretty cheap... we stayed in central park apartments this year for 10 nights and i would definately pick Marco polo over there for half the price!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jamie_crichton
Reviewed 2 September 2013

When we arrived at the Marco Polo II hotel in the middle of the night, we were shocked. We went into the hotel and then were told to go into the Marco Polo I to get our keys etc which took a long time as there was only one woman serving other people on the desks. When we got into our room, we were shocked at how basic they were. In our room, the wardrobe door would not move unless it was pushed with great force, the bath tub was stained and our view was of another building with rubbish below the balcony. We were also on floor one, which felt unsafe especially when the girl in the end room woke up to a man on her balcony trying to break in. My other friends rooms weren't completely nice either, one of the rooms balcony doors wouldn't open on the first night and some of the lights weren't working either. There was also rats around the pool in the second hotel. However, the hotel shared pools with Marco Polo 1 whose pool was more upbeat as it played music and it was bigger. Staff were OK, maids were lovely. The hotel is okay if you just want somewhere to get your head down, but ultimately it was very noisy, scary and quite dirty.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I read the reviews before I went so thought I'd put people's mind at ease. There really is nothing wrong with this hotel. It is what it is a cheep basic hotel ! The reception area is nice loads of sofas and chairs to chill when your hungover. All the staff friendly. Life guard on pool. Music played all day. Yes there is noise early hours but you sleep through it. Left valuables in room not got stolen.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Star_of_kings
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I had to write a review as seeing bad ones before going I was uneasy about the stay but... Lovely chilled hotel very clean maid service every day and friendly staff. Brilliant location. When people moan about noise it's holiday makers not the hotels fault! If you are staying in San an your going to get lively people!! I am definitely coming back and I'm used to 4 and 5!stars nothing to complain about thanks Marco Polo xx

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Lylahlucia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

we only stayed two nights, and were expecting basic, but this was quite beyond that! The sheets were stained and manky, the pillow was barely a piece a fluff, and the place didn't look like it had been cleaned in months!

My friends bathroom had a bath with no enamel on it! All the enamel had peeled off, and it looked scaly and quite dangerous to shower in.

The worse of it was the noise, which was an almost constant from about 2am, with other guests having parties in the room next door one night, and someone trying to kick down every room on our floor the next night.

We tool our valuables out with us after reading reviews on here, but on the first night, bumped into some girls who had had all their money nicked from their rooms whilst they were out. The staff didn't seem too surprised or bothered.

Generally the staff were polite and professional, but I am wuite sure they hated the place as much as us!!

Room Tip: Don't bother unless you are 16, a lad and planning on bringing the party back to your room every...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends