“Great hotel!”

azuLine Hotel Bergantin
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Having never stayed all inclusive before I wasn't really sure what to expect, however this hotel exceeded all my expectations. The group consisted of myself and 2 other 20 year olds staying for 10nights/11days. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and there was something different to eat everyday which catered for all tastes! We met some other groups of young people on our trip, who stayed elsewhere, and they were not impressed with their all inclusive meal options. So Azuline Bergantin is a must. On previous trips to Ibiza I have always stayed in central San Antonio and the hotels always seem a bit unclean with the pool areas being taken over by large groups of lads, this year we decided to venture into the Bay a bit more and we weren't disappointed! Getting a taxi from outside the hotel often proved quite difficult but if you enjoy walking then it is only about 15/20mins to central San An. Opposite the hotel is a really nice beach with loads of water sports on offer and there is also another 'strip' of bars similar to the West End. The hotel has its own snack bar by the pool so if you get peckish between the meal times then you can get food from there too and alcoholic drinks are served until 11oclock at night. The rooms are cleaned everyday and you are provided with fresh towels too. Although if you are wanting to spend the day by the pool I suggest getting up early! One night we didn't get home til 7.30am and there were older people with large families laying out towels across the sunbeds even though they probably didn't get out of bed til 12! Which is wrong. All in all this hotel is fantastic and I definitely won't be staying elsewhere again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Rio E
There are newer reviews for azuLine Hotel Bergantin

Reviewed 23 August 2012

If your looking to stay in Ibiza, for me the bergantin would be first choice, been there twice now and still no complaints. Ignore the miseries on here, they need to lighten up. Like all hotels, it has its good and bad points, but mainly good.

We arrived 12 midday and check in wasn't until 2, however they gave us our bands and put our suitcases in a secure luggage room, so we got changed and went and chilled round the pool with drinks. When we got our room, it was spotless. Bit disappoint with the bed situation, last time we stayed we got a double bed each this time we got just the one to share, but thats just being picky.

Food wise - cant say its the best. I struggled to pick things I liked this time, and im not too much of a fussy eater. But there's plenty of pasta and chips, and lets be honest, you cant go wrong with them, so I didn't waste away. The food around the pool is lush, the pizza was my fave. Discovered this on the last day though, so think we missed out a bit there.
The drinks - I've seen a couple of people complaining that they're in plastic cups. Really??!! THAT'S what you're complaining about?? Who cares that they're in plastic cups when they give such generous amounts of vodka?. Theres loads of cocktails etc on all inclusive, and it says that you're only allowed 2 drinks at a time, but we always got looaaads. The all inclusive stops at 11 (personally I think that's too early) but all it meant was that we had to stock up on final orders.

Staff are friendly and pleasant, had no problems. Room was cleaned every day, and what I can say about the bergantin that was important to me when booking is that it is such a safe hotel. We (naively) trusted the maids waay too much, like not wanting to take the safety deposit box key out with us on a night and leaving it next to the safe (not the cleverest of ideas) but nothing happened, even when we left it there during the day by accident, or hiding it in the underwear draw (not very original). So unlike many hotels in ibiza, you can trust this one and its staff 100%.

The walk to san antonio is a hike, not going to lie. The first time we went in 2010, they would call a taxi for you but they dont do that anymore, however theres a taxi rank just down the road.

Family wise - The hotel is a bit of both, there were groups and families. So it was ideal, rather than being in a really rowdy hotel where you cant chill and recover, you get the best of both. It was noisy, even we were getting annoyed and we were the ones coming in at daft o clock too. But lets be honest, if your looking for a quiet holiday, going to a hotel in Ibiza, next to san antonio, youd be stupid to think it was going to be a quiet one. There was a family on our floor, and i genuinly think our floor was the noisiest, they complained and as far as I know got moved to another floor quickly.

Nightlife in Ibiza - AMAZING. Thats the only thing I can describe it as. Unreal.

All in all, I love this hotel, generally because its safe and we've had no problems or heard of any problems there. I can understand the complaints of noise, but the daft complains about the drinks and food, its nothing flash but its edible. There's little restaurants down the road where you get lush meals for like 6 euros. So if its that bad, go treat yourself.

We're going back to Ibiza next year, and looking to stay here again. So yeah, I would fully recommend the bergantin.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Lucky2443
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have just returned from a holiday with friends and my overall opinion of this hotel is that it is very average. We were put in a room on the first floor, and despite booking as a group, the rest of the group were put on the third floor. On our first day there was a large group of lads being very loud around the pool area, drinking and spilling beer into the pool and kids looking scared to venture away from their parents.
At night the noise in the hotel was unacceptable, people running up and down corridors, shouting, swearing, kicking doors and playing music. This happened on various occasions. The drone of the air conditioning unit did little to filter out the noise.
The food was very average. Out of the two week holiday, at least half of the meals we had were away from the hotel.
The staff were generally quite pleasant but the security was appauling. We had our passports given back to the wrong guests and anyone could ask for a key for any room without being questioned. The security guards did little to control the noise levels. This is my first and last time at the Bergantin.

Room Tip: Do not ask for a room on the first floor unless you are prepared for nights without sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gareth S
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We travelled as a large group of family and friends and did enjoy this hotel. The staff were lovely and we had a good laugh with them. The only thing we would say is that it probably needs to decide whether it is a singles hotel or one for families.
On a few occasions we had to ask the young lads to tone the language down in the pool as we had children with us; however they were overall not too bad and always apologised quickly.
The the biggest fly in the ointment was a large family group from Leeds which consisted of badly constructed tattoos, foul mouthed teenagers and 'mutha bacon' style women. They were awful and considering the adults were all middle aged they should have known better.
Otherwise, our recommendations would be air conditioning in the pool bar (poor bar staff must have been roasting) and the evening entertainment was very poor. Rooms were a bit tired and small but ok.
But we laughed, always got sunbeds and the food was good. Would go again in a big group but would not have enjoyed this if we were in a small family group.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank ClazEngland
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We got back from Ibiza early hours Monday morning and I thought it would be useful to write a review as I had read some before leaving which featured about noise and antisocial behavior of guests and I was quite worried!! I spoke to Thomas Cook resort rep about this when I arrived and she explained that before the school holidays the hotel had been taken over by youths who did run riot in first few weeks of July but since school holidays started it has gone back to being a family hotel with odd group of same sex visitors.

On arrival just before midnight i wasn't overly impressed as it felt landlocked, quiet, no nice views and no food available, We went out to explore local area and got some snacks in from supermarket only 100 yards from hotel that was very cheap. For me that was the end of the negatives.

On waking next morning I was delighted with view from balcony of San Antonio bay boats and we went downstairs and was very impressed with breakfast buffet, pretty much everything you may want for a full English or continental breakfast as well as cereal choices and cakes, fruit juices, teas, coffee's etc. Main restaurant opened again for lunch 1-3 and dinner 7.30-10.15 and had a very decent range of food (with rose, red and white wine on tap along with soft drinks!) Snack bar was open from 10-6 and was ideal to ensure fussy eaters were catered for both for lunch and tea with chips, nuggets, fish fingers, burgers, toasties and pizza's available. There were 2 bars open from 10.30-11pm that had wide choice of drinks, cocktails and 5 ice creams/lollyices, Service was great as were portions unless you were drinking san miguel!!

We went out to look at 2 pool areas, one both had a small kids pool as well, 1 was busy and deep with a descending slope, other was quieter, steps and not as deep.

Entertainment was a typical spanish effort, parrot show, dancers, magicican and animation team tried hard and put on 2 very funny shows during our week! There was lots of games/competitions in day with certificates presented at night but we steered clear of most of this as it went on/organised in busy pool area.

Facilities were great with tennis courts, paddle tennis, footy, table tennis, rubbish crazy golf (all free) as well as 3 pool tables, air hockey (euro a go) and some pc's that can be used for web/gaming if you needed some indoor time (1 euro for 10 mins)

The staff at this hotel from reception/bar/animation/security/cleaners were all fantastic and did everything they can to ensure the stay was a good one. As a 3 star hotel I think you would struggle find a better one, you really could not move off complex if you wanted and have a great time.

If you do decide to go from hotel we really enjoyed hippy market, main strip (2.5 euros pp from bay to town) beach as well as a sunset cruise.

tips:
* if you hire tv remote for 10 euro deposit dont lose receipt, if you do go to reception when quiet and you can look through their receipt book to find their copy and still get refund!
* if you go for day out order a picnic night before, water, 2 sandwiches, apple and orange/
* if you want to play tennis make use of booking system as you can book in advance
* heat on first day can be deceiving, get the lotion on and dont spoil your holiday!
* the looky looky men are ok, I find a firm 'no thanks mate' works a treat with them!
* dont worry about bad reviews this place is fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Neil D
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I have just read some incredibly bad reviews from this hotel and am quite shocked. I have just taken my girlfriend and our children. We had two rooms as there were six of us. The hotel placed us adjacent as requested. The rooms were basic and functional, good sized bathroom great shower, decent sized balcony which overlooked the pool. The aircon worked well. The maids cleaned daily. I am sure the maids are not as OCD as some of my fellow trip advisors but they were perfectly acceptable. The hotel bars were both very good. One of the barmen was a bit miserable but only as he was constantly enforcing the two drinks per customer rule. This may sound petty but was a god send. It stopped people in front of you getting rounds for groups of twenty or so people that they have just met. It did mean that queues built up but you never waited longer than a minute or two. The bar measures were huge, the range of cocktails good and generally all bar staff were very friendly to both adults and kids. The pool side snack bar was great for all inclusive. I didn't really use but my kids did- a lot. To have that running from 10am-6pm was extensive. The menu wasn't changed but just right for what kids want as a snack. The restaurant was great too. An extensive and varied menu that changed daily. The closest foreign English breakfast I have ever eaten. I do not normally want to eat English food when I travel but it cheered my children up who had recently been all inclusive in Tunisia and stated the food was awful. They ate heartily each day usually accompanied with snacks from bar and unlimited ice creams. I loved the food. The pool areas were spacious, terraced and great. The only disappointment were the generally dirty customers that used them. Plenty of bins available and cleaner but people just didn't bother putting their rubbish in the bins. They just left dirty plates and cups to blow in the light wind. This was in no way a fault of the hotel just bad manners on behalf of guests. It was not bad just more annoying. The main pool was great a really good shape for families. We had a child who wasn't very water confident and this pool cured him as did all the friends he met. We did see two separate groups of lone males who both arrived on different days but did exactly the same thing. All went to pool drank heavily became rowdy etc to the hotel credit the security man kept intervening to the point where warnings of being thrown out we're given. The groups both displayed a radical change in behaviour and we all went back to family holiday time. I will admit and agree that there was a lot of noise during the night as drunken club goers returned home throughout the night into the morning but I would expect this having booked in Ibiza. If more families booked this would changed as the hotel would be able to be more choosy. We did eat in the Sa Flama restaurant which is aligned with the hotel but situated on the beach about 150 yards away and it was great. The food fantastic, not too expensive, the waiter/ manager was very friendly towards adults and kids. He fortunately advised us that we were ordering way too much food so we cut down and even then couldn't eat it all. The sangria is also recommended as are the sunsets.
All in all despite some minor drawbacks it's a great family hotel. The children we took were aged 15,14,9 and 7 and they all loved it.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Wossad
Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

After coming home from a week at the Bergantin with my partner and four children (aged 7-15), and reading the latest reviews, I think we must have stayed at a different hotel!

The staff were more than helpful and friendly, from reception, to cleaners, bar staff to entertainment team, all happy, smiley and accommodating.

We had two rooms booked, and we're given rooms opposite each other on the first floor. I had reservations about being on this floor after reading reviews about the noise, but we had a fab pool view so decided to stick with it and see how it went. It was fine! There was a room with three lads next door to us who we could hear returning at about 5am, but that was all. No banging on doors, no swearing or shouting all night.

The pool area was fab (we spent the majority of our holiday there). It was cleaned every morning. The pool bar was really well stocked, I have never stayed all inclusive where there is such a huge choice of spirits and San Miguel on tap. Yes, it was served in plastic glasses but that is my preference when around a pool area with children. It was open from 10am - 11pm and as well as the drinks it served a selection of ice creams/lollies and a fab selection of snacks (pizza, burgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, chips, onion rings - much more than just crisps as I have experienced at other all inc resorts).

Again, during the day around the pool, there were a couple of groups of lads, but 99% of the time they were no trouble. On the odd occasion the their language became louder and offensive, they were told to keep it down, which they did after an apology.

The restaurant was great and despite it being the busiest time of year, we never had to wait for a table, and they had several larger tables that were reserved for 5 or more people. The food was fantastic, all freshly cooked and a huge variety to choose from. 2 of our kids are very fussy eaters, but there was always something that they liked as well as more interesting things for the rest of us to eat. There was a great selection of salad and fruit at every meal. I could not fault it.

The only negative I have to say about this hotel was the bar man in the bar by the salt water pool. We never used this bar much but when we did, we found him to be very grumpy and he did not speak very good English.

Overall this was an excellent family holiday. I can imaging that it can get rowdy at times, but it is a hotel in San Antonio bay, not a peaceful tranquil location!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Wolskibird
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant Antoni de Portmany
azuLine Hoteles Mar Amantis I & II
azuLine Hoteles Mar Amantis I & ...
#32 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Hotel San Remo
Hotel San Remo
#19 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Sol House Ibiza Mixed by Ibiza Rocks
Sol House Ibiza Mixed by Ibiza R...
#1 of 7 in Port d'es Torrent

Been to azuLine Hotel Bergantin? Share your experiences!