“Short Trip”

Florencio Hostal
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Short Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

A perfect base for a short trip to Sant Antoni. Cheap, comfortable, excellent location, first class staff, very reasonably priced restaurant and a fair sized pool. If you are not a clubber go to bed after midnight and you should get a quiet nights sleep while the noisy young people are out partying. You then have the pool all to yourself for most of the day while they sleep it off. Can be a little noisy in the evenings, but once the clubs get going the hostel gets a lot quieter. To sum up a very reasonably priced and comfortable stay, as so many have said, you get what you pay for, but with the Florencio you probably get a lot more.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back, no street noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Steve B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed here from the 8th until the 15th september this year as a group of 3 on a girls holiday and couldn't be more pleased with the hostal.
As it is sold as a 1 star Hostal we were a bit dubious about it, but good reviews won us over and we are so glad we went.
The staff were great, we arrived at 4.30am on a Sunday morning and the male reception was friendly and lively even at that time of the morning. All the other staff were great too, and very customer focused.

The publc areas of the hostal are newly decorated and very modern. The rooms are a bit dated but are clean and completely fit for purpose. We had requested a low floor room with a balcony and that was exactly what we were given.

The food in the restaurant was amazing. So cheap and really nice, all cooked fresh. It is in a good location for everything, all though I would definitely suggest giving the local beach a miss and heading to one of the other ones on the island.

Overall, I can't fault the hostal, it gives exactly what it offers. The only thing that irritated me was that the bed sheets weren't changed at all whilst we were there, but then again it was only 6 nights.

We are going back next year and will definitely be heading back to the Florencio, along with all the friends we met out there who rated our hostal a lot higher than their 3 star hotels.

Room Tip: If you have a room request e.g balcony then specify, they will do what they can to give you your per...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank natasha t
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have stayed here 4 times, both in a group and in a couple. I wouldn't of returned this many times if it was as bad as what some people make out. You pay the price of staying in a HOSTEL it clearly states it in the Florencio name so I don't know what some people are expecting a 5 star hotel experience when your not paying for that, if you want that then go and pay £100 a night price tag for a too
not £25!!!! The hotel is generally clean and tidy, the room has a maid service 6 days a week, the pool area is more than adiquate for sunbathing and taking a dip in the pool. Each time I have found the staff very helpful and polite. It's in a perfect location and close to all the ammenaties. I will defo stay at Florencio again.

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I 1st stayed at Florencio in 2005 for a girls holiday and remembered how clean and perfectly located it was, this hasn't changed at all.

The rooms are good sized and clean, there is a pool and the hostel is in a perfect location for San An and the west end.

I was in Ibiza this time mainly for a wedding and the Florencio was my 1st choice because of the cost of it which is very reasonable. The only issue was the noise from the road as we were at the front but it's something you expect being in the thick of it in Ibiza.

It's not luxury but for the price and location the Florencio is perfect for what we needed it for, I'm getting to the age where I prefer my luxury but if I was going to Ibiza for a long weekend I'd definitely stay there again :)

2 Thank Emma P
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I just returned from a nine night stay in Florencio in early September. On arrival the reception area was clean and check in was an easy process- staff were nice enough. The room itself was okay but the floor was filthy and the bathroom had no extractor fan to ventilate so it became damp very quickly. There was exposed wiring in our room and no fridge to put our water. The outdoor pool area was also not very clean.. yet despite all of this we had air con which was worked really well and the location of the hotel was perfect for our holiday. If you can look past the low standards of cleanliness and bad decor you can stay here and have an amazing holiday. We spent hardly any time in the room and stayed out late in the bars. I think the price is good for the location but we did not include food in our booking. We paid 5 euro for fresh made pizza in the hotel cafe and this was lovely, shame about the one sulky waitress who seemed to be going out of her way to bit terrible at her job but the other staff seemed very friendly. If you are staying here with friends or want a cheap stag or hen do I would really recommend it as it is close to the bars and bus station where you can take the number 9 bus to the airport for 4 euro and save a lot of money :) The Florencio is an okay place to stay but in a really good location for a good price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Overall word to describe this hotel is average. Fine but not amazing. The room was big for 4 of us but stank when we arrived and no balcony. But it did have a sofa air con and a safe. Most importantly when staying in Ibiza is that as girls we felt safe. Small walk to the west end, great for nipping back to the room throughout the evening. Nice people at reception.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Just got back from a 4 night stay here with my husband. We booked this place as it says it's a 3 Star but it was more of a 2 star. Rooms v basic, nasty blanket on bed and a flat pillow. It felt like a prison, no balcony and the only window had bars up it. Walls are paper thin, we heard next door using the loo!! On the Sunday we didn't have any fresh towels in our room so I asked woman on reception, only to be told there's no clean service on Sunday and its a hostel not a hotel. But I could buy one. Lol
I wouldn't stay here again but if your just on a lads/girls hol, it might be okay for you..