“Great stay”

Central Park Apartments
belfast
“Great stay”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at central park for 10 days in ibiza with my best friend, we were over for a party holiday, the location was literally the best in san Antonio. Close to bus station and west end very safe and the staff were so nice. No aircon DO NOT RENT FANS you can buy them in the 24 hour shop for 40 euro and they are 10x better than the ones the hotel have. Party apartments though and stay in the V Pool is amazing if you can leave bed after amnesia etc. Enjoy ibiza :)

• Stayed August 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Preston
Reviewed 23 July 2014

8 days, 8 lads (early 20's), and this hotel made sure we had our best holiday yet. Couldnt be more central with the West End just a couple of minutes walk away and surrounded by cafes and restaurants to cover the occasional meal we fitted in. Taxi's to clubs around the island are easy to track down outside the hotel or staff inside will book them for you. There's also kiosks around the hotel selling tickets to pretty much every event on the island.

The pool up on the roof was perfect, rarely got too busy and we always found enough sun loungers for the lot of us, even mid afternoon! The bar man on the roof Santiago is one of the nicest blokes iv ever met on a holiday, he catered for us throughout the week and was nothing but friendly towards everyone up on the roof. San Miguel 3euros a pint which isnt too bad when your stuck on a roof. Great music too up there!

Lack of Air Con was a bit of a struggle some nights but when your dead to the world you dont notice until you wake up and then its a sprint for the balcony for some fresh air. Make sure you keep your room ID card they give you on arrival as you will need it to get back in to the hotel!

Only problems we had is that one of the rooms got flooded midweek as next door had left a tap on all day. The staff did a very lethargic job of cleaning up and didnt sound remotely apologetic for the water damaged items. Also, whilst drinking in a friends room at night, our other room next door tried getting broken in to, however they did not manage to break through the electronic lock so I suppose thats a bit reassuring? maybe.

Overall an absolutely perfect hotel if you want to drink in the rooms at night, play loud music without issues, crawl in at breakfast time with no questions asked (except for your ID) and recover by a pool during the day listening to the best deep house music and gradually topping up your alcohol intake for the coming night!!

Would not recommend to families, but surely its pretty obvious what sort of hotel this is from it's location and any family which ends up here because they cant be bothered doing a bit of research - DEAL WITH IT - dont slate this hotel because it provided the ultimate base camp for a normal Ibiza holiday.

Room Tip: Get facing into the V if you want to socialise and be in the shade in the morning.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Daniel M
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The staff were the rudest and most unhelpful hotel staff I have met through out Europe. I paid for 3 days of wi fi, which stopped working after the first day and they would not refund my money or give me another password. I also paid for a safe key because the rooms are so hot and stuffy you have to sleep with your balcony door open and when I returned the key I was not refunded the 25 euro deposit because I did not have the receipt, which no one told me I had to keep. Even though they keep double copies of the receipt and have it behind the counter. So they basically steal your money. These were all minor problems that could have been solved but the staff were rude and unsympathetic. I would never stay here again. It was easily the worst hotel I have experienced in my 6 months of traveling.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Michael4075

Travellers are raving about these Sant Antoni de Portmany hotels

Welwyn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This a budget hotel and you get what you pay for.. the location.
Perfectly located walking distance from everything. This hotel is a great base for a good time in Ibiza. I would not recommend this hotel for family's.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank CorinneMc2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Basic hotel, myself and my friend stayed here from July 3rd-5th. As it was only two nights we did not need anything fancy. Taxi from the airport to central park is about 30 euros. Also costs about that much to get to Playa den bossa, so not an ideal location if you intend to mainly go to clubs in playa den bossa.
Wifi only available in reception or by the pool. You have to pay for the wifi 3 days is 8 euros. you are then given a username and password which have to be put in each time you want to connect to the wifi.
The Wifi by the pool didn't work very well.
Rooms do not have aircon so get very stuffy, we just opened the balcony doors to get some air flowing. Gets very hot when sleeping.
Good location in san antonio.
Right by ibiza rocks cafe and the westend.
Clean room and towels.
We paid about £30 each for two nights so it was value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Daniella S
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

There is always a worry when you read the reviews about your accomodation before you go away. Frankly I think Central Park Apartments does not deserve the stick it gets; the rooms were clean and presentable, minimal yes but if you expect anything more than you shouldn't be going for a budget accommodation. The maids cleaned our apartment every two days without a fail and all the staff working there were really helpful, the security guard even brought our transfer confirmation to our room.

The roof top pool is great, the views are astonishing and it is an ideal place to relax with a cocktail after hitting it too hard the night before! The one negative about it is that the pool and bar close most nights between 6 and 7, it would be a lot nicer if we could sit up there in the evening and watch the sunset.

We felt comfortable and at home in our apartment and spent a lot of time chilling on the balcony chatting with other people before a night out. The security were really strict on guests which could be annoying if you had friends staying elsewhere but made us feel safer.

The electricity went out in our apartment so we went to the reception and enquired about it and there was somebody up in minutes to fix the problem. And also locked our key inside the room one day and there was no problem, they let us in quickly. So our issues were soon resolved!

If I was to come back to Ibiza, I would definitely come back to Central Park Apartments purely for the pool and how sociable it is. It can get rowdy at times but you soon get used to it! If you want to be on top of it all, the nightlife, the beach and the bus station then it really is one of the best places to be. And for £130 ish a week, cant really complain!

Room Tip: Being in the V is a lot shadier so the lack of air con isn't as much of a discomfort.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Allie K
Great Dunmow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

You know what, we stayed here this time last year and since then I've meant to write a review for this place. Me and 2 friends (20 year old guys) stayed here for 5 nights and had read some really bad reviews. Our overall experience of the place was good!

All of the staff were really nice - it really does come down to showing them an ounce of respect then you get some back yourself. The security guard wouldn't let my single mates bring some girls back with them - but instead of kicking off at him we went down to the beach which is a stones throw away and had a bit of a beach party there which was much better than just going back to a hotel room! I think he was suprised that they didn't kick off, and after then he was always really polite and even shook our hands!

If you're a pro-active kind of person you should ask to be in one of the rooms on the inside of the V, as its much more sociable and you get to meet loads of new people - as opposed to facing outwards and being segregated.

The rooms are clean (although there was a half eaten pizza in our room! Although this actually provided some entertainment - who ever lost at the drinking games had to take a bite hahahahaaa. Brilliant!)

The beds were fine, the toilet flushed and the shower worked - what else do you really need? They've got a fridge and furniture on the balconies too.

I had read a few reviews of peoples stuff going missing, but I can safely say that we never experienced this in the hotel (although I did have my phone/wallet/$400/shoes/and all of my clothes stolen from the beach when I went skinny dipping! My own fault though!)

The The maids changed our towels every day, and also made our beds. Honestly the only downer about this hotel is its lack of air con. But tbh, its actually a really nice feeling waking up really muggy and sweaty then diving in the cold pool - freshens you right up!

I never had any problems sleeping - we wasn't getting in until 8 each morning so I think that we missed all the drunk lot coming in and banging about at 5 in the morning, everyone was pretty much asleep by the time we got back!

We're going back to San An this Sunday although we're staying at a hotel across the road - and thats not because we didn't like our stay, we just like trying out new places and doing new things.

Also the bar and pool is amazing! The DJ plays some banging tunes and they serve hot sandwhiches which are lovely. Only downer to the pool is because its on the top floor you do get quite a strong breeze, although the views are wicked!

If you're looking for a budget holiday and want to be in on the action, this is the place to go. Plastik is literally right outside, theres a subway attached to it, an ATM right outside and you're smack bang on the egg so right in the middle of everything!

If this is your first time going to IBZ for a clubbing holiday, BUY SOME OF YOUR TICKETS BEFORE YOU GO! The ticket prices to the big clubs out there are SO overpriced - we spent £80 when we got there on tickets to see Avicii at Ushuaia. Don't get me wrong it was the best night of my life, but we could have got the same package online for £40 if we bought them before hand.

I'd also recommend getting tickets to Pukka Up's boat party - there's no wierd sex games or anything like that - its purely just clubbing on a boat! Had an amazing atmosphere!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends