“Great location and amazing staff!”
Review of Hotel Marfil

Hotel Marfil
Paris, France
“Great location and amazing staff!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Everything was impeccable: the room was very clean, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the location was less than a five minute walk to the main street (where there are bars and restaurants everywhere), and the price was more than reasonable during high season. I'll definitely be back when in Ibiza!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Adrien D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

stayed at hotel marfil for the second time at the start of July 2014. it's one of the rare places where you actually feel totally satisfied with what you get for your money.

the rooms are spacious and clean (not 5 star quality, but then you arent paying 5 star prices) and the staff are friendly and helpful (even going so far as to give my wife and me towels to shower before a late flight after we had checked out).

location wise san antonio isnt as up to ibiza town, but the hotel is in a quieter part and perfectly pleasant. it's also near to some lovely beaches - i'd definitely recommend hiring a car. there's no parking at the hotel but there's public parking 3 mins away which always had some spaces (though query whether it would be as easy to find one in mid-august).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Will not be going back towels are really old and need to be changed you seem to get one new one one really old.
The night porter is really friendly and a really lovely guy wish he worked in the day time he is wasted on the night shift gives you so much information the blonde girl is also really nice.
They have done 2 new suites but think the money should have been spent on doing small touches on all the rooms shower heads and bidet descaling needed also having long shower curtain is not hygienic also the wifi was off and on in the room and only worked outside room and downstairs. suites look nice but how many of us stay in our rooms on holiday you only use it to sleep so having films on demand and inter net tv is useless and in one of the suites if you got a hangover the blue stripes on the ceiling will make your headache last even longer.
On the plus side the location is good 5min walk from bus station short walk to all the bars and restaurants and a supermarket next door to buy water and snacks.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank bobmarlin79
marfilibiza, Gerente at Hotel Marfil, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
This review is a bit ,let's say.. special. The authors are, the same couple that wrote one on the 7th July 2012 “Love the Marfil!”. How do I know it?, well, in a small hotel with 30 rooms it's very easy to “detect” these things, also, watch the “rhythm” of writing; and more..only a few clients saw the new rooms, those stripes “dangerous for a hangover” were a plus to identify my clients. Yes, the names are different, but you can have many “alias” on Internet. They stayed with us in 2012, 2013 and 2014, and we had a good time talking about many things, specially fishing, G..loves fishing, like me.
Then?, what happened?, what terrible disaster made them change the opinion about our modest hotel?. Well, somebody made a mistake, Toni (myself) tried to do a favour and failed obstreperously.
I told them many times that in my family, we have a rent a car company; they said needed a car for a few days. The intention was to have a detail with my clients, for the price of a small car, and also with a good discount, getting a brand new Peug.308 with less than 100 km; may be they thought was too big, and took a Peug.208. That afternoon received and sms refering a problem with the car: was too “juicy”?, (that expression was new for me), well , I thought, sure in the company will find a solution for any problem they had. But, they decided to leave the car that day, after visiting the north of the island, some beaches and hippy markets at the other side of the island. None of the alternatives given by my wife at the rent a car were good for them. When you rent one day it's expensier than 4-5 days (the longer the cheaper), so they had to pay an extra of +- 12 euros for that, clients were not too happy (understandable) and left the office without saying goodbye. Next morning, of course, I apologized for that as I could, totally aware that instead of doing a favor , I did a mistake,-- and asked G.. how much did he had to pay to refuel the “juicy”car, the answer was: 6 euros. After that day, the answers to my “good morning ...” were silences and long faces. A few days later, one of my housekeepers, removing an empty bag of crisps from the desk, hooked by accident one earring, fell to the ground and broke (material was similar to porcelain), my employee was terrified and came to me really worried, I calmed her, it was an accident and we´d look for a solution. That afternoon, after work, without telling me nothing, she looked in many shops and hippie markets and bought, with her money, a pair of earrings as much similar as she could find. Of course, I tried to do my duties, and a good friend went to Las Dalias, at the other side of the island, to the hippie market where the original earring were bought, and she came eith 2 pairs of similar earrings for me. Next morning more apologizes than ever and 3 pair of earrings. The answer was: -Oh...that's nothing..earrings are not important at all...I thought you were coming to apologize in name of your wife. Then came some comments about my spouse which, in my modest opinion, were a bit out of place, mainly because she's the mother of my children and my lovely wife since 20 years now, also the intention of writing a bad review about the rent a car was more than clear, and repeated one time and another. After that, as you can imagine it was a bit difficult the situation, although my “good morning” was there every day. One thing in special made me feel sad, she, N.. kept the earrings (the 3), and of course I wasn't waiting for a “thanks”, but...that woman, my maid who searched and paid for her “terrible” accident, she did deserved a “thanks”, I'm really proud of my staff, and those details confirm the reasons.
So, old towels..could be, although I insist one day and another that when a towel looks old must go direct to the bean, wifi, well, yes we had a problem detected not too long ago (none of our clients complained till a week ago) and it looks is being fixed, and many other defects..now and in the future, we're small and human. But...I think the real intention was to punish a rent a car company, and...is not possible in Tripadvisor, so instead...they have found a good substitute. It´s very easy, after reading this, you can also write 2 ,3 ,5 or more reviews and may be...we´ll reach number 50 or 60, ..or even 100 , it's really easy to damage a small hotel like the Marfil, in fact there are 5 terrible reviews about our hotel, and only 2 (including yours) are..let's say ..deserved, the oldest one, where I forgot to honor a direct booking in my mail, client came and it wasn't registered in our files, he had a room of course, but was he got ungry and his review remains there to tell me: “you must be allways more than responsible ”. The other 3, (2 written by the same couple) are : a “non-existent stay of a family with a daughter from Austria” and a failed chantage from an italian couple with 2 reviews the same day instead of one. Anyway, 50 or 100 in Tripadvisor we´ll keep trying to do our best, and without “pushing” clients to write reviews, prefer the spontaneous.

Finally, N..and G..you know what? I felt really sorry for you, only a few euros (20?) ruined your holiday, your long and sad faces so many days were a shame, if you think a bit, good things in life are for free, things that you remember looking back in time...a big hug with a friend you didn't see for ages, the smile of your children, first kiss, first swim under a moonlight in a quite beach....; and the most expensive thing in the world, so expensive that you can't buy it with money: your time...don't let a few coins break your moments of relax never again. I´m not a smart person..but I think is a good advice.

Best wishes.

Toni
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 29 June 2014

On short notice, we decided to go to Sant Antoni and had a hard time finding hotels. Normally we would stay at 4-5 star hotels but nothing was available. Saw the ratings of Marfil on Tripadvisor and booked two rooms.
Our impression after our stay was well above expectations. Friendly staff that was really service-oriented. We got many recommendations (especially from Toni) for good beaches, restaurants, clubs and events. And all were excellent.
Included in the price was a good and varied continental breakfast. When asked for we even got extras like omelet.
The quality of the rooms was very good considering the 3 star rating. We were upgraded to a newly redecorated room that was very stylish and with excellent facilities - huge shower and bathroom, interactive TV, fridge, and safety box.
The friendliest hotel we ever stayed at (and we have stayed at many)!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ClaesArtur
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just come back for a long weekend break as a treat for my wife. We hadn't been to Ibiza for a good few years and it was time to relive our youth! Spent a while looking for a good hotel that wasn't overpriced and had a good location and this seemed to tick all the boxes based on reviews. I'd have to say that people are right - this is a real hidden gem tucked away in a side street. You'll find a real warm welcome from Tony and his staff. Tony himself is very personable and goes out of his way to make sure you're enjoying your stay and has fantastic knowledge of the area and places to eat. He is so passionate about his town and island and is a great source of any information you need. All the staff were cheery and welcoming as well and I would say they were all great to deal with.

Rooms were pleasant and had excellent air con as well as a free safe. The only downside would be some of the external noise. We were on the front of the hotel and although you get very little noise from late night revellers, I would say that a room on the back would be quieter for occasional traffic noise if you're a light sleeper like me. The beds were comfy though. Breakfast was continental but there was a good selection, plenty of it and tasty. Tony offered to make us omelettes as we'll but we were fine with the options already there and kept us well fed through to the afternoon. Couldn't comment on the pool at the hotel nearby as we didn't use it.

We had to leave early on Sunday and it was too early for breakfast but Tony arranged for some breakfast to be ready for us so we didn't leave without food and drink. This was a nice touch and greatly appreciated. It definitely reflects the approach here. It's close to the bus station and taxi rank so easy to get to and from as well. I would highly recommend this hotel to someone after a budget hotel in San An that offers a lot more.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After an early season break for the Opening Parties at Hotel Marfil in San Antonio it was great to see that the Hotel is as good as ever with a few newly refurbished rooms unveiled for summer 2014. Tony the hotels owner is as welcoming as ever, his true Ibicenco hospitality and love for his island still shines brightly. This is one of the hotels best attractions, the quality and professionalism of its staff. Always a smile, helpful advise and a in-dept knowledge of the island with contacts in the best restaurants and clubs. Very clean rooms, with upgrades not available in other hotels for the same price. Free WI-FI in all the rooms is a big plus as is its location next to the bus depot, the beach and the center of San Antonio.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
London UK
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed last summer as a last minute booking when most other places were fully booked or very expensive. Very pleased I found this place. It is in a great location near to the west end, bus station and Ibiza Rocks. I had friends staying at Ibiza Rocks Hotel which was fully booked when I tried and they could never get any sleep due to the noise any time of day and night. The good thing about this hotel is that you can get a good nights (or days) sleep when you want it ready for the next night! Rooms are very comfortable and clean and staff very friendly. Air con worked really well too.

The downside is it doesn't have a pool. You can apparently use a local hostel's pool but I didn't look for it. Spent most of the time at Ocean Beach.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends