“Nice clean hotel with some nice touches”
Review of Hotel Marfil

Hotel Marfil
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Nice clean hotel with some nice touches”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Let me start by stating that this hotel offers 8/10 for for value, overall. Designed for couples offering a very clean smart modern hotel.

This hotel doesn't offerer much to small groups of lads/lasses that it is currently advertising to.

The minus is that it doesn't have a pool and has never been stipulated where the pool is in the sister hotel..also there is no data sheet explaining times of breakfast/wifi/phone etc.

The hotel manager/owner appears to be a nice guy who helped fix the door and safe on the second day, but there is Spanish old guy on reception at night that is very unhelpful. There is a younger lady and gent who work during the day and are very pleasant and friendly.

We checked in with a the younger gentleman that gave us the room tabs and was as helpful as could be. I asked for the extra keys (each for members of rooms), but we were refused (as more could not be created apparently?).

We booked in as a group of 7. Two triples and a single to clarify. The first night we went out to around 5am, visiting the local clubs.

When we were to come home one of our party had entered and used a room key. We asked for a second room key ( as one room mate had come home early) from the reception by an elderly gentleman that was "nodding off" as we spoke to him! (It was quite unbelievable)!! -I will refer to him as "Mr Sleepy head"!! No extra key was given and we had to knock the others up, which provoked hassle with the neighbours... We came to the attention of the manger and were spoken to about this in the morning.

We asked if someone could fix the safe on the second day (and the owner I think) came up and replaced the battery. Whilst talking to me he asked me to let him know of any visual wrongdoings around the proximity of the hotel including prostitution and theft and dodgy sightings, which was not comforting to hear but showed he he was concerned and wanted to do something about past problems, which I respected.

The hotel is situated approximately 1/2 a mile down down from the bar street and marina areas. On the websites it says that it situated near Cafe Mambos. It is not. The area that the hotel is situated in is a deprived/run down area, which is a shame as the hotel is impeccably clean, modern and well kept.

On the fifth night of our stay I was pick picked on bar street. I was not happy but I was re-paired with my wallet by a random person. Upon checking the wallet all cards appeared to be there, but €50 missing . All was not at loss I thought. Maybe I should report??

Upon return to hotel I informed "sleepy head" and he just looked at me with an expressionless look. I then repeated what I had said and no further response .... After getting nowhere I walked to the lift and nearing the lift I heard a murmur... I asked what was said but was refused a response.

The advertised Wifi only really works well in the corridors for the end rooms on the hotel and could benefit with a booster.

Some nice touches like the complimentary slippers and rooms attended to each day.

All in all overall, apart from the experiences I have wrote about, I would stay in this hotel again, but as a couple.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MathewHaywood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is within walking distance of the city, beaches and bus station. Room is clean and spacious. Staff is very friendly and knows the island very well. Are also able to help you find your way and make the right decisions regarding restaurants, boat trips and other local activities. Breakfast is delicious with fresh mixed fruit juice and omelets the way you like it. I centrainly recommend this hotel!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here the last 4 years in a row.

Hotel is clean and well run, breakfast is great, hardly any noise issues and the staff are great.

Not too far from the main strip of the West End and there are plenty of shops / supermarkets close by.

Only draw back is no pool

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had an amazing time in the Marfil hotel in Ibiza in July.
We had absoluteley nothing to complain about. We should definitely recommend this hotel and we really want to come back!
* The price-quality is perfect
* Very nice, helpfull and friendly staff
* There is an option for a beautiful boat trip
* The breakfast was simple, but very nice and fresh and it is till 12 o'clock.
* The rooms are clean
* The location is very nice (near by the most beautiful beaches, boulevard, restaurants and supermarket, but also quiet)
* The Wifi worked excellent

1 Thank Fleur B
scotland
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I am currently sitting in the bright modern and spotlessly clean lobby of hotel Marfil. Staying with me is my ten year old daughter. I was apprehensive about staying in San Antionio however hotel Marfil has been an absolute haven. Rooms are spotless, fridge, aircon and safe are all free of charge nice bathroom with good towels etc, balcony is very secure and safe with a heavy external black out blind which fixes in place - we used this to help keep out sun and street noise. Saying that there was very little noise considering where we are and in peak season! Breakfast is great. Lots of choice and breakfast area again spotless! However what makes this a great place is the staff. It is a genuinely run family business. And what a lovely family. So friendly, warm and relaxed yet totally efficient! The season is short in ibiza and this hotel ensures they give 100% every day of the season. We hear very little from other rooms, although I don't think there were any many 'clubbers' staying here. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank kurby B
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Everything was impeccable: the room was very clean, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the location was less than a five minute walk to the main street (where there are bars and restaurants everywhere), and the price was more than reasonable during high season. I'll definitely be back when in Ibiza!

3 Thank Anonymous K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

stayed at hotel marfil for the second time at the start of July 2014. it's one of the rare places where you actually feel totally satisfied with what you get for your money.

the rooms are spacious and clean (not 5 star quality, but then you arent paying 5 star prices) and the staff are friendly and helpful (even going so far as to give my wife and me towels to shower before a late flight after we had checked out).

location wise san antonio isnt as up to ibiza town, but the hotel is in a quieter part and perfectly pleasant. it's also near to some lovely beaches - i'd definitely recommend hiring a car. there's no parking at the hotel but there's public parking 3 mins away which always had some spaces (though query whether it would be as easy to find one in mid-august).