Before you read, please be aware that this review is mainly directed towards those seeking a relaxing, reasonably peaceful time around the pool, on their balcony and the restaurant areas during the day time. If so, this is no place for you.
We were part of a wedding group and had read great reviews about the Marina Playa, it's friendly staff, chill-out music, the setting, cleanliness and so on, so we decided to make it a bit of a holiday and added on a few extra days just before and after the wedding. Staff were certainly exceptionally friendly and helpful. Thank you Ana - you are a real gem! The management has taken on board previous comments re lack of sun beds and have brought out additional beds. Although they are slightly older ones, they are perfectly serviceable. All very good then you'd think, except this is where it all ends for some and here's the huge fly in the ointment. You will now be bombarded non-stop from 10.00 am to midnight with an electronic techno and/or house music mix of the type that is played at night in the Ibiza clubs and bars and at such a volume that it is, quite frankly, torturous. Please don't think we don't like background chill-out music and previous reviews talk of nice chill-out music by the pool. Well, this is certainly not the case unless you can chill out with mega decibels pounding in your ears. The DJ will have his brief and is pumping up the volume so much so that it's difficult to read a book and there is nowhere to escape the echoing repetitive sounds with its incessant rolling drum beat if you remain by the pool, restaurant or on your balcony with sea view. How the staff cope all day is beyond me. Such a pity to have to mark this otherwise perfect establishment down because it really could be a wonderful place for all. So, it's simple, go if you want constant pounding loud music by the pool. If not, then stay away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel & Apartments Marina Playa is part of Typic Hotels Group. It is located in front of a beautiful beach. Es Puetó in San Antonio Bay. It is an adults only 4 stars hotel where you can rest and enjoy the sun and spectacular sunsets at its Aperture Terrace. It has every day music sessions by DJ Masyga, our resident DJ. Most of our studios have been refurnished during 2016 winter. We have redecorated the studios in an easy going and Mediterranean style. A trendy hotel where you can reconnect to things you like most. A place where our guests become friends and they enjoy their holidays getting to know themselves again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Playa Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Playa Apartments Hotel Sant Antoni De Portmany
- Marina Playa Hotel & Apartments Ibiza, Spain