“Good Base”
Review of Hostal Adelino

Hostal Adelino
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I checked in here after initially staying my first night at the Brisamar around the corner, and I arrived three hours earlier than the stipulated check-in time. This wasn't an issue and the very friendly staff arranged a room for me. I had booked a single but was offered a double. I went upstairs and noticed the room was directly opposite lift so went back down and asked to change (I despise noise and the thought of being opposite a lift is bad - NOT that it means the room would have been noisy, it might not have been).

I was then given the keys to another room, where I walked in on people doing their thing! Oops, haha, no problems I found it funny. No other room was ready so was asked to wait an hour for the third room which I used up supping €1 cana cerveza and tapas deals in the very great Bar Alicante over the road (great for pre going out drinks). The tapas would be typically a 20cl Estrella Damn of great chilled quality and tortilla with bread, amongst many others. €1 for both!

Came back to a single on the corner with balcony. All very good - photo attached. It was very noisy within the hotel, and you'd often be woken throughout the night with people shouting and being sick etc, even if this was a wee bit away from the main bits. It was on a 6 lane small junction... the noise happens, but it wasn't intolerable and didn't last. Hotel could be noisy too, so bring plugs.

The shower was hot and good, towels included as well as some shampoo etc. The TV I eventually realised wasn't plugged in which I lived without thinking it was broken, but it's Spanish only anyway. The hotel bar was shut in May when I went, pool empty. The fridge in the room is great where I kept my Lidl purchases (15 minutes walk away from hotel). See photo and that's a 1L bottle of Smirnoff so you can judge the size.

Overall I would stay again and was great value for money.

Hostal 2 minutes from bus station and 2 minutes from the brick factory (where a2b, Resorthoppa etc will drop you - note this location well when you alight).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Thai32

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The staff was friendly and the bed was made one day and towel changed daily.I had a room without a view.
The directions to get there was very poor but the helpfulness of the staff made up for lack of directions.
San Antoni is not a place to go after the 6 October as most place shut down for the season.

Room Tip: Dont go after 6 October and google your own directions, dont rely on the hostel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I spent one night at Hostel Adelino and was really nice, of course you are getting what you pay but for the price is really nice clean and friendly hostel, so I was expecting a worst one for the 30€ I paid. I booked through booking but I was redirected via tripadvisor, so in tripadvisor they had several services that in booking was unclear if they have them for all the rooms so I made a request after I made the reservation and they have it prepared at my arrival without aditional charges because was true that was a website mistake.

The bar of the hostel have cheaper prices that the nearby bars, also the wifi is working properly both at the rooms and the lobby.

As the checkout it's at 11:00 am (little earlier to me, I prefer maybe at 12:00-14:00 or even have the possibility of a late checkout paying a fee) was a little troublesome because the only boat from Ibiza to mallorca (my case) it' not available until 20:00 PM, but they kindly offer me to save my luggage all the day if necessary meanwhile I was exploring the city without having to carry with it.

I didn't used the pool because I hadn't time for it and the bad weather, but for sure next time I'll do, it's small but at least the hve it in case that you want a refreshing swim.

Also have a supermarket just in front of the main door and the bus station to ibiza it's only 600 meters.

I'll repeat the experience.

Room Tip: I choose the double with full bathroom and I recommend it, I cannot speak about the other rooms sinc...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank gma992
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Location perfect with a supermarket across the road, 5min walk to west end (main strip) and Cafe mambo. The hostals a 20-25 min taxi to clubs such as space, ushuaia amnesia and bora bora beach. Staff were really helpful and nice especially the Barman/Chef! The rooms had everything you need such as air-con, hairdryer, wi-fi, flatscreen telly, balcony. quiet area at night aswell so you could get some sleep if you wanted to! hostel includes a bar/restaurant with reasonable prices with a small seating area, pool and loungers outside. definatley exceeded are expectations for the price, I'd say the 1star needs to be re-accessed

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank sugs93
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I visited this hotel last July 2013. I needed somewhere cheap for a few days and Adelino was the solution. It's clean, staff really friendly and central location. Not really close to the seaside.
I would go again in similar conditions

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The staff are absolutely lovely and very helpful. The food in the bar is very reasonably priced. The hotel is a nice size with a safe and homely feel to it. Cleanliness is of a very high standard. Rooms aren't spectacular but what are perfectly adequate for what you pay for. I would of rated them better probably if I had a balcony but to be fair I checked in really late on the day so they were all gone and they offered to move me to a room with in the days following but at the stage I was too lazy! Really good location and close to everything. Not somewhere to stay if your looking for a wild lively hotel, but then again you get enough of that everywhere else in Ibiza that you don't need it at the hotel, and I certainly didn't want it! I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Klairey
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Great little hostel! Although not on the sea-front, it does come with plenty of positives - clean (very!), friendly staff, nice little pool, quiet and a very short walk to the pretty much everywhere.
Rooms are very small, but this was expected. Will stay again if ever find myself in San Antonio in the future!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
#1 of 10 in Talamanca
Apartments Del Rey
Apartments Del Rey
#7 of 9 in Portinatx

Been to Hostal Adelino? Share your experiences!