“Great Hostal”
Review of Hostal Valencia

Hostal Valencia
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The hostal is run by a family. Every member of their lovely family is very pleasant. Wifi didn't work that well (their router got some issue with Apple devices), but other than that, everything was great. We bought tickets to Amenesia from them and rented a scooter from their referral. Great time overall, I would highly recommend staying here!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Hua L

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here for the second year running and again we were delighted with our stay. It is such a gem hidden away in a quiet residential street and close to Cala Gracio. We were welcomed again by the family and we had a lovely, relaxing stay. Our room was basic, but very clean and well equiped offering air con at no extra cost and a safe. We had some drinks on the patio one evening and they were priced very well. The only thing that I will point out is that the walls are quite thin and you may be woken up by housekeeping moving the beds around in the morning so if you are a light sleeper take some earplugs.

Thank you again Fernando and family.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cfrancis24
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The hostal is lovely during the day - quiet, quaint and excellent value. However, do not stay if you are a light sleeper and not a party goer. I guess I should have realised that the owners cannot control the revelry that is inevitable so close to St Antonio, and which overspills into the hostal in the sense that guests arrive back anytime between 2am and 6am and the noise has woken me up every night so that I have now had 6 sleepless nights and am more tired than when I came, as I am working during the day and unable to recover like the partygoers who presumably can sleep it ott.
On my first night 2 girls were having a huge row - shouting and swearing very loud at about 4am, so I asked to be moved as I was on a floor of girls only. They moved me to the third floor but a little apprehensively as they said the couple in the room next door had been arguing the previous night. However as this had been pointed out to them I took the chance. The next few nights I had their bedroom antics for 2 hours each night between about 2.30am and 4.30am. The last night it was someone else in that room - not sure if 2 men or a man and woman; but they arrived in at 5.30am and that was my hope of further sleep over. First animated talking/shouting - then violent throwing up and loos flushing and a shower. I put my headphones on but heard it through that and it was far from relaxing. Chairs can be heard scraping loudly and shoes echo down the corridors, as ther is no insulation or sound proofing and the flooring carries the noise. A shame as so nice in every other respect. Simple but adequate rooms, pleasant seating area outside but only come if you are a deep sleeper or happy to be woken or are likely to be someone who will be doing the waking. Next time I will have to go further afield for some night time peace. But I expect most people coming here will be in this vicinity for the night life so will be fine. Peaceful to recover the next day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Catherine C
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Visited on 6th sept for 4 nights. Used trip advisor before booking and was delighted that this hotel exceeded my expectations. The room had a lovely balcony overlooking the breakfast terrace and street which was never noisy. Bed was very comfortable and room spacious , bright and clean. Fernando and his family were very welcoming and attentive making my stay a pleasure. As previous reviews say the breakfasts were delicious and very good value. Taxi from airport was 35 euros and took 20 mins.
Did not want to leave and am already planning my return next September . Would not stay anywhere else. Thank you Fernando!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank charlottel702
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked this place because of the great reviews it had and we were not disappointed!. The hostal is very well located with everything (restaurants, cafes, supermarkets, etc) nearby: the fact that is located in Saint Antony which is per se not a great area in Ibiza is a different issue.

The room was extremely clean, towels were changed every day, and it was quiet enough to sleep well at night. The room also has a safe, which comes included in the fee of the room.

The hostal is family run -and its owners are very kind and happy to help. They gave us advice as of how to get to some beaches, places where to eat and also they even lent us a sun umbrella for the whole duration of our stay - for no additional fee!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the street, and it was quiet enough for a good night sleep,,
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Francesco G
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Our family has just returned after a week stay, we booked in the strength of the reviews and must say that they are all true. So as not to repeat what has already been said I will try to say what I found different to others.

The taxi cost 29€ from airport to door.

Ask for a map at reception this is essential as the hostel is so tucked away its hard to find.

Make use of the picnic for the beach the frozen water keeps everything cool and the baguettes are delicious.

The wifi works at the front patio but is best in the lounge. By the way the Lounge is why I named my review home from home. So many hotels around the world are Im personable but hostel Valencia is comfy and cosy complete with games to play and a well stocked book case and coffee table littered with magazines and plenty of sofa armchairs with tasteful soft cushions and furnishings.

The bedrooms are basic the bed was a little hard and the rubber covering a bit hot to lie on also there is very limited drawer space so we did live out if a suitcase. Only one bedside table (I pulled the chair up and improvised) at my side.

Certain that we did not need the safety deposit box as the reception is manned with expert observational skills of who's coming and going. But if like us, you opt to pay it costs 25€, which wasn't too harsh. However we got a FULL refund when we handed the key back- totally unexpected.

The food at the hostel is fab, but if you fancy a full English then just around the corner is a bar called. Home which I carnt praise highly enough. We found the best choice of tapas bars to be around the church which is easily found if you get the map!! Enjoy your stay we did.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank LeedsSarahLeeds
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Myself and 5 best friends booked the Hostal Valencia for a 4 night hen weekend in august this year. What can I say apart from it was perfect.
Our expectations were a little cautious as this is a "hostal" and only 2 stars. However, the rooms, although basic, were absolutely imaculate- and were kept so throughout our entire stay. We had triple rooms with pool views. A little shower room ensuite was included and the water was always hot and ready when we wanted. There were shutters on the windows which blocked out the sun - great for out post party lie ins. The air con had 3 settings and worked well throughout out our stay. Daily fresh towels - TV in the room but we never used it. Also the hair dryer was very good - not one of those shoddy small hotel ones that don't really work.

The staff were really friendly, the reception area was staffed 24-7 and they were always eager to help out with taxi's directions etc.

We ate breafast here each day - they served us even past the breakfast hours. The food was very reasonably priced and very nice.

The pool area was again lovely, well maintianed and always sun loungers free.

This is a very quite place - there were a few young groups, a family and some couples there whilst we were there. Even though we were a hen party we still wanted somewhere we could get some sleep and we did here.

its a 10 minute walk from the main strip and about 15-20 mins from the beach and the bay. It is a bit of a rabitt warren so I would recomend making a note of road names/landmarks to avoid a 25 minute detour that myself and one of my party had - but that was probably more down to our lack of a sense of direction then anything else.

All in all a great little place, excellent value for money and certainly somewhere we'd stay again and I would recomend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends