“Noisy, but great value”

azuLine Hotel S'Anfora & Fleming
London, United Kingdom
“Noisy, but great value”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Let's be clear up-front: this is a party hotel, and it's noisy. Expect intermittent loud noise from 1am-7am, so take some earplugs -- and the walls are paper-thin, so you can hear everything in the corridors and in the next room. The rooms were basic but clean, air conditioning was fine, and the pool area was surprisingly nice. The staff were friendly and helpful; for the price it would be hard to expect anything more. The only slight annoyance was that it is about a 20 minute walk from the centre of San Antonio, which in the searing heat feels like miles -- but then, the price is good to compensate for this.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gallivantors
marketingazuline, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at azuLine Hotel S'Anfora & Fleming, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us at azuLine S’Anfora hotel and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay in our hotel, it is great for us to see that you had a great stay and the hotel facilities as well as the staff services have satisfied your expectations.

Again, we would like to thank you for your choice and the time taken to post your comments. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to see you in our hotel or any of the other azuLine Hotels. Meanwhile you can follow us on Facebook at Azuline Hotels to know everything about Ibiza and our hotels activities.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had a triple room at the azuline Sanfora hotel for a week mid August 14. There are many hotels within in San Antonio
But this was not the nearest. It is 15-20 minute walk to the centre of San an ,the strip, beach front and the egg. Once we were used to the distance it was ok. We found it difficult to locate initially as we did
Not anticipate it being set back so far from the centre.
There are a few good cafes and convenience stores nearby offering good supplies.
That being said it was good value for money. Bed and breakfast with pool view room. We didn't use
The pool but was very busy daily. Noise levels were good it was not a rowdy hotel like neighbouring hotel which often played music but not enough to disturb.Young hotel but well behaved. Rooms were dated but clean . No tv had a/c we didn't use it or need it. Had balcony room overlooking pool in main hotel. Usual stuff ;safe wardrobe and pleased to say plenty of hot water! :) no fridge or kettle facilities. Big mirror too.
But clean towels and bed making daily. Sheets were changed during our stay too.Beds werent amazing but comfortable enough to get a good sleep.Staff ok not overly
Friendly but not rude. Fairly neutral. Breakfast was continental ..we had it once. Basic but reasonable selection edible but Not in our humble opinion worth the early rise. Food was served there and bar also. (Untried) The hotel offer shuttle service , exchange and other activities if your interested. The honoured our booking preferences too. Overall good value and clean place to rest.

Our rating ..good 3.5 not able to select.

1 Thank 2Flyyyyyyy
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about your recent holiday in our hotel. We are glad toknow that you enjoyed our facilities and services.

We are looking forward to welcome you back very soon the next season.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a week for my first holiday with a friend. I had a great time staying here. Rooms are very basic but they are spacious. Air con wasn't really good in the rooms. And the wifi was a little slow but still worked. The workers in the hotel were very helpful to us throughout our stay. The cafe in the hotel didn't have good food at all. Wouldn't recommend it! There is a cafe down the street called fifty fifty which is cheap& cheerful! Only a 10 minute walk from the hotel to the west end. Overall we had a great holiday & cannot wait to return!

• Stayed August 2014
marketingazuline, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at azuLine Hotel S'Anfora & Fleming, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Jamie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion about your recent experience in azuLine S’Anfora hotel.

We are glad to hear that you and your friend had a great time in our hotel; we are looking forward to welcome you back the next season!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Just back from a stay here for a stag do - the staff make the place great they are all so cheerful and happy to help, rooms are basic however it's ibiza why would you want to stay In your room! It's a 10 minute walk down to the main strip - very good value

• Stayed August 2014
marketingazuline, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at azuLine Hotel S'Anfora & Fleming, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear guest,

We are really happy to hear that you had a great stay in our hotel and that our facilities and general ambience was to your liking.

We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. We have shared your comments with each of them to appreciate their excellent work.

Thanks again for your trust and nice words. We are looking forward to welcome you and your friends back very soon. Meanwhile you can follow us on Facebook at Azuline Hotels to know everything about Ibiza and our hotels activities.
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is basic but clean and tidy.
Pool area is nice but you will struggle to get a bed after 10am.
Food for breakfast was great however lacking in variety.
Location isn't ideal as it is a 10-15min walk into the town and 30min to the west end.
Staff were all so lovely and helpful I couldn't fault them at all.
This hotel has air con!! Its a god send!
As stated this is a great young people holiday as everyone is there for the same reason. Hotel room doors tend to be left open in the drinking stages of the night 10am-1am so people tend to mix and chat in the halls. Loud music and constant shouting means you won't sleep here. But you're in ibiza., why would you?
Prepare to be woken up by someone banging to get into their room around 6am every morning.
Our hotel rep Jamie was amazing. So helpful and friendly. He will almost always be there to help you with any questions you may have about things to do etc.
Would definitely stay here again despite the location. And don't bother paying for the WiFi it barely works and will drive you bananas.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lorna,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday in our hotel and we satisfied all your expectations.
We are happy that our friendly staff helped to make your holidays satisfactory. Your review encourages us to keep on improving.

We hope to see you and your friends very soon, we will be waiting for you!
Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week this summer, as my first holiday with a friend. I honestly could not have complained about a thing. The rooms were simple yet spacious and cool in the day, they were also cleaned daily by the helpful staff. The beds were very comfortable, surprising for the reasonable price we paid! All staff i encountered in this hotel were friendly, especially Jose who went out of his way to make us feel welcome.
The pool had a great atmosphere and was evidently well maintained. The food in the hotel bar/restaurant was excellent and very reasonably priced.
I would love to recommend this hotel to anyone who asked but frankly, i wish i could keep this wonderful place a secret to myself. It's a very special place and i truly cannot wait to return next year!!

Room Tip: Bring a hairdryer and ask for a pool view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Phoebe D
marketingazuline, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at azuLine Hotel S'Anfora & Fleming, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Phoebe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a nice opinion about your recent experience in azuLine S’Anfora hotel.

We are glad to hear you and your friend enjoyed your holiday in our hotel and we satisfy all your expectations.
We are happy that our staff helped to make your holidays satisfactory.. Your review encourages us to keep on improving.

We hope to see you and your friend very soon, we will be waiting for you!
Leicester
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My very short stay in Ibiza was appalling, I've never been so miss treated in all my times of travelling. I arrived Monday with 4 of my friends as I'd booked on through sunshine I was on a different transfer so arrived early I waited for my friends to arrive. While waiting I heard a group of about 8 boys say they were being moved as the hotel had over booked this made me on edge but still thought we'd be ok. We got to the check in desk to be told they were full to be then told we would have to stay in an 'upgrade' for the night so we were very unhappy having to be moved but had no choice. We were promised the next day free dinner on Monday night and Tuesday night with free drinks and a free safe however we received dinner Monday night which was cold and we were rushed to finish as we were messed about we didn't arrive at the hotel till late. This hotel was supposed to be an upgrade we literally had to kick the bathroom door to open it as the door was damaged on the lock the reception at hotel pacific was informed before we tried to open the bathroom door instead of sending a handy man in they gave us a paper clip to open the door like we were expert burglars . This didn't work as you could imagine!! Once we pushed the door open after a lot of force the shower was full of mould. The balcony door did not lock so we had to leave our stuff in a room with no safe or a balcony door that locked. The next day we were told we would be picked up at 12 noon. We went to reception just before 12 and waited an hour before being picked up we arrived back to the Fleming hotel and my friends room was not ready still however my single room was. We walked to the building from reception to a dim building we all had suitcases there was a lift however it wasn't working, there were 2 flights of stairs to climb with a 15kg suitcase I have rheumatoid arthritis so all the carrying of bags and messing about was not helping and now I had to carry my bag up two flights of stairs. We arrived at the room the door was so flimsy as was the lock. Opened the door and was shocked as to what I'd paid for!! However speaking to a few of the other hotel customers they made it clear to us this was the workers part of the building also known as the hostal. My door when locked could be opened by a forced push my balcony door did not lock and my supposedly free safe was costing me money!! As you can imagine I was fuming, I then had to carry my case and bag down the stairs to go back to reception. I complained they told me that I would be staying in the hostal part of the Flemming I did not pay for a hostal!! My paper work clearly states hotel they were taking bookings without space and just putting people wherever I was then informed my friends would be put in the hotel side even though they paid for the hostal they were not informed there was a hostal part of the hotel but they'd booked for this through Thompson who hadn't informed them of this. I had no previous knowledge there was even a hostal attached to this hotel else I wouldn't of even wasted my money booking on. So I paid more money for my accommodation and still got put in a hole. I got that upset and felt so stressed I refused to stay and asked my parents to book me a flight back home. Reception were extremely unhelpful and all the promises we had were not followed through considering they offered free dinner two nights their hotel doesn't even serve dinner, so we had one free dinner that was cold at hotel pacific, no free dinner the next night, no free safe and drinks we got sangria however I don't drink that so I didn't benefit from this. As you've read this was the most stressful two days I've ever had on a so called holiday. All my friends were in tears we were supposed to be going away for a week of fun and relaxing instead we lost two days and wasted money!! I didn't stay in the hotel or hostal Flemming I spent my first night at hotel pacific and my second night I spent at the airport because I didn't feel me or my belongings were safe in the room. So out of the 7 days/nights I was supposed to have stayed in the hotel I booked I didn't spend one night there. I would not recommend anyone stay here!!

Dear guest,

We are sorry to see that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. We will take your comments on board as we are always trying to meet our guests’ expectations and provide the best possible service.

You can be sure that your allocation problem has been shared with the head of the department in order to evaluate this issue and be able to take corrective action. Thank you for the valuable time you've spent in sharing your comments through TripAdvisor, and I apologise again for all the inconveniences caused at your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Sant Antoni de Portmany hotels