“Great stay at the Del Mar - you get what you pay for!”

Apartamentos del Mar
Sunny Land
“Great stay at the Del Mar - you get what you pay for!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed here beginning of July for 10 days and after reading reviews on here was slightly concerned. Arrived at the hotel, good first impressions, given top floor apartment with pool/ harbour view (best views in San An). Bought safety deposit box straight away and locked away money, passports, phones etc.
Rooms are basic but ideal for what we were after. Made sure we locked anything else in our cases each time we left and didnt leave anything lying around. Maids changed towels and made beds every day and were friendly enough.
Hotel staff were helpful when we needed them to be and had no problems what so ever. Pool was cleaned regularly and there was always sunbeds free.
Apartments are bang in the centre, bottom of West End and 5 min walk to Sunset Strip.
We also enjoyed walking round the harbour to Ibiza Rocks bar and Linekars etc.

We had a great time at the Del Mar. Theft is high in San Antonio in general, not just this hotel and in the time we were there we only heard of a mobile phone being stolen but that was by young lads who probably left it lying somewhere. I would advise just to have a bit sense as you would anywhere!

Only thing that is missing from this hotel is a bar for drinks/ snacks during the day but right behind is the SPAR which you are allowed to bring food/ drinks into pool area so wasnt too much of a problem. Apartments are lively and all young people wanting a good time.
Would happily stay here again for the price you can't really complain!! infact, i would love to be on the first plane there tomrrow.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor pool facing room for the best views in San Antonio.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mackem L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Hungarian first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2013

after booking this hotel due to the location, I realised that the reviews were bad with all the thefts etc, however having booked the holiday a week before we were due to leave it was too late to cancel or change hotels without losing money. I DOUBLED up on the travel insurance just to be sure if all my things did get stolen I would be prepared. Upon a late arrival we arrived to a Spanish guy at reception who didn't hardly speak any English, me being be-I always try to speak the lingo wherever I go and asked for a security box, and soon as I handed the cash over for that wahay he started speaking English saying"dont leave anything valuable in your room" to my horror I thought so if I didn't ask for the security box you wouldn't of even told me that!! the room itself well very standard and doors were shabby, bathroom window wouldn't lock, u can see why these rooms are broken into, as for the cleaners we just put the do not disturb sign up an that way they didn't go in our room(think we told them no thankyou one time) in the end I put a cooking pot lid in the window to stop it being open. shower was ok and never ran out of hot water, the lady`s at reception seemed friendlier & the maintenance man helped me out at one point, great location for beach/ sunsetstrip/bars& clubs, didn't have a pool view but didn't go there to stay in room,tv didn't work but wasn't fussed, don't trust African women selling hair brading on the beaches as they con you,also look out for men who get off with girls and steal their purses from their bags in es paradise as this happened to my sister. above all get a box if you stay here and only take out what you need but common sense is don't leave expensive stuff out an don't open your door to strangers knocking. I love the area but prob will spend more money next time and get a better hotel.

2 Thank stevemisnorwaygirls

Travellers are raving about these Sant Antoni de Portmany hotels

london
Reviewed 24 June 2013

do not stay here ever!! the hotel staff stole my luggage from my rooms and them return my suitcase once they have taken what they want....i confronted them and they said what you going to do!! disgusting hotel STAY AWAY!! dirty pool, tiny dirty rooms also!!

7 Thank kiki l
England
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I recently stayed at Del Mar apartments from june 3rd 2013 for 2 weeks.. On first impressions the room/facilities were ok.. Nothing amazing, but comfortable.. There was a fridge which is a bonus, and we had a pool view (on the 2nd floor).. The bathroom was abit of a different story.. The ceiling was flakey and would peel off and land on you every day!! This made the floor disgusting and constantly needing cleaning...
The reception staff seemed friendly enough.. the pool area was fine.. location is fantastic especially for the beach/harbour/westend/pubs/clubs..
HOWEVER!!! 3 days before leaving I was left mortified.. I arrived back at my room around midday.. my friend was asleep.. I went into my hand luggage bag which was ALWAYS kept shut and by the side of my bed to check my stuff.. Everything was there and how I left it...
My friend and I sunbathed all day RIGHT OUTSIDE our room.. We kept climbing over the balcony railings every so often to get our drinks etc from our room...
Around 3pm I noticed the cleaners in our room and thought 'Great! they can clean up the bathroom floor'.... I then went into the room around 5pm to start getting ready to go out.. I noticed my passport had gone.. Absolutely mortified.. The only people who would have had access to get in the room would have been the cleaners... I ran down to reception in a state and was told by the spanish guy on reception to go to the poilce station to make a report...
Hour and half later I returned to the hotel complaining about how could cleaners do that??
The amount of stress and hassle this caused me was unreal.. I had to make a trip to the british consultants all the way in Ibiza town. pay out 116 euro's for an emergency passport and spend around 4 hours sorting everything out...
On closer inspection I then noticed MY CAMERA had been stolen too... I made a further complaint to the reception and the response was terrible.. Nobody cared , infact the blonde woman was smirking at me... FUMING...
I confronted the cleaners the next day and was met with 'I don't understand english' WHATEVER.. They also laughed at me .. They knew EXACTLY what they had done.. The whole hotel is DODGY.. Inside jobs.. big time.. I spoke to 5 other people who had had wallets, phones, clothes, passports even WHOLE SUITCASES taken out of their rooms...
DISGUSTING...
Yes, its cheap and close to everything but DO NOT STAY HERE.. Its not worth it.. NOBODY CARES WHAT GOES ON...
AVOID AT ALL COSTS.......... BE WARNED..........

Room Tip: 2nd/3rd floor..pool view
6 Thank Barbieswyd
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Arrived in ibiza on 1st of June 2013 the apartment we was meant to b staying was closed so we had to stay in this 1 arrived quite late an the guy on the desk was nice an welcoming even asked us wat sort if view or room we would like but we wasn't that fussed an still got a nice view on the 4th floor everythink was reasonable cleaned an we payed quite cheap so didn't expect much the 1 st few days me and my friend was impressed with the location an everythink so near by etc but the night before we was due to go home we thought we would chill by the pool before goin on a boat party we was down there for no more then 3 hours I went bk to the hotel to change an get a drink we I went in I knew some1 had been in as my stuff was moved I left money in the room as didn't need it by the pool! Which had been stolen I was in shock horror I ran bk down to the pool to tell my friend to come up an check her stuff wen we did her phone, camera, perfume which was only half empty was gone we told the blonde women at reception who really didn't give a [--] an was more interested on goin on Facebook she was telling us it happens everyday an kept saying we should of got a safety box but no one told us bout this wen we arrived! She told us to go police station wen we walked 20 mins to get there we then had to walk 25 mins more to the list an damage place they were abit more helpful an even came round later on to check out our room an said an showed us how easy it is to brake in on the back of the inside door there is a dont not disturb sign he closed the door an we locked it from inside an he used the sign within seconds he was in we was shocked an he said any GPS places always gets broken into as it lacks in security an the place we were was staying happens everyday soo people please please take everythink out with u including passports ! The staff are rude an not helpful an dont even no how this place can even be open I wouldn't stay ere even if it was free its a [--] an it put a downer on our last night stayin in putting things behind the door to feel that bit more safer !! They deffo need to sort locks an staff out!! An if any1 recommends this place think twice about it

• Stayed June 2013
Egremont, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My sister and I spent 3 nights here, May 14th-16th. Sadly, we were attending a funeral on the island, but the wonderful view from our room and the cleanliness of our room made the reason for our stay easier to bear.
It was the start of the season, so things had not really got going. However it was just what we needed; convenient location for all of San Anton, very competitively priced and cooking facilities if needed. We ate out as we met up with family, but could make tea/coffee etc.
I would love to return at the same time of year and most probably will.
Thankyou hotel del-Mar

Room Tip: Corner room has lovely view of bay and pool
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was really put off this hotel after having read the reviews online and was fully prepared to have everything stolen however in reality the reception staff were friendly, the night watch man did his job and chatted to us on our way in, there was absolutely no evidence that anyone had been in our room other than the maid to make the bed and change the towels daily (pretty good for such a cheap hotel)! Didn't use the pool as we made our way to beaches. Great location, walking distance to the west end & clubs and sunset boulevard, but not noisy! beach and ocean club also walking distance as were all the beach front bars, loads of restaraunts including an amazing chinese (who also do takeaway) - supermarket right behind. My only complaint would be that the fridge was mouldy so we were loathed to use the kitchenette, but like I said, so much cheap food nearby anyway.... We also were out of hot water for a day but I guess that can happen anywhere.
I don't know if we were lucky with security cos we travelled as a large student trip and obviously we were careful and kept valuables on us/in a security deposit box/locked in a very secure suitcase but I really think for the price you get a nice, clean, spacious room. Wouldn't complain.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room / pool view! Much more sunshine :)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends