“Confused”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Viva Ibiza

Viva Ibiza
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 2007 Viva has become known for its cutting edge music policy, atmosphere and for hosting some of the best up and coming DJ's and Promoters that Ibiza has to offer. Powered by the only Funktion One Sound System this side of the island and the latest in Pioneer technology, Viva boasts a fantastic intimate atmosphere and is the perfect place to start your night, and even to end it! Winner of San Antonio Best Bar Award 7 years running (as voted for by Ibiza's seasonal workers) and listed as one of Mixmag top 5 best kept secrets of the island.
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Confused”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Went to this bar based on TripAdvisor recommendations and was left confused when I got there.

The place was empty and this had nothing to do with the time as all pubs and cluns around were busy. Inside everything was cheap an grubby and no atmosphere.

The only recommendation I would give Viva would be is to stay away.

1 Thank PLMBBB
NathanViva, Owner at Viva Ibiza, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Having read your review I'm left a little disappointed if I'm honest. If you had read the other reviews you might have seen that we are not in fact anything like our neighbours, and therefore comparing us to them is like comparing gazpacho soup to any other soup. Yes, they are both soups, but completely different. Our clientele are so vastly different to our neighbours that we become incomparable. (For those who have not yet been, we offer the only underground dance music venue in San Antonio and our neighbours are a British "local pub" type bar, a Welsh Karaoke bar and a Scottish Karaoke bar.) So when they are busy, we are not necessarily busy and vice versa. We have promoters who work on each night with their own brands and their own crowds and some work better than others, but also depending on our actual competition (the super clubs) we can either be busy late on in the night (after a day time party has finished for example) or early in the night (before heading to the clubs).
Either way, our reputation has been garnered from years 8 years of building it and we have spent more on our venue than any other bar in the vicinity so to call it "grubby" is also a little shortsighted. To your taste, perhaps, but grubby? Never.
But... as with everything in life, you must take the rough with the smooth and trip advisor is a double edged sword at times. Some people might not see what others see, or simply see something for 5mins at the wrong time and get the wrong impression that others have not. I'd urge you to come back again some time and see for yourself that you may have indeed gotten it wrong. I look forward to it and feel free to contact me at some point so that I can make sure you are there when the party is and not having just missed it! ;)

Sant Antoni de Portmany, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Viva”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

One if not the best bars in San Antonio for underground music. With it's cheap drinks this place is a must do destination.

1 Thank alexellenger
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Workers Bar In Ibiza...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

After doing 6 seasons in ibiza this is by far the best place for workers and tourists alike to drop in for great night on the west end. its the only bar I frequent in San An, many a great night there and more to come this season I hope :D

Visited July 2013
1 Thank DannySaggers
“Best bar in Ibiza! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Ibiza is a truely magical island and whether you go for it's great beaches, epic clubs or amazing sunsets, every visit is special and unique. Ibiza is a second home to me and my first stop when I visit San An is Viva! Always an awesome atmosphere any time of day. Nice and chilled during the day for drinks before sunset and by night it comes alive with amazing djs playing underground house and techno. The whole bar literally becomes a dancefloor! The sound system is amazeballs!! If your visiting Ibiza and have a passion for music, I highly recommend Viva for a night out. Great tunes and drink prices, really friendly staff and overall a really cool bar.

Visited September 2013
London
“Viva la Musica !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Viva means life in Spanglish , and that's what u get here with all the live ingredients of the night mixed in with a great atmosphere, cheap drinks, and a positive ambience, a little big club at the top of the west end... Defiantly one of the places that Ibiza's all about :)

Visited July 2013