“Ideal location for Es Paradis & Eden”

Hotel Playasol Marco Polo I
Sheffield
“Ideal location for Es Paradis & Eden”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Location is the only upside to this hotel and the reason for both stars on my rating.
The room had an odour of stale sweat and the bed smelt so bad it woke me up if I laid on my side.

The bathroom was not much better, tempted to take my shower gel to the water party at Es Paradis as there was no way I was bathing in the hotel!

The location really is fantastic if you are there for the clubs, right next door Eden and Es Paradis. If not then the thumping beats you can hear until the early hours may not be ideal, personally I loved that!

Overall I left Ibiza with some wonderful memories, oh and 27 bites from an interesting grey insect found crawling on the bed!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KayVP

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Darlington
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This hotel is ideal if all you want is a bed. Which suited us!
It was clean but basic but also very cheap. It is literally 5 mins walk from the nightlife etc so the location is ideal for party people. It is however right next door to "Eden" so in the busy season it will be noisey but if your going for nightlife it doesnt matter.
Room was cleaned every day but bath needed to be renewed but hey for the price as i keep saying its ideal.
No good for a family holiday or romatic but ideal for party people.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

just returned from a last minute week away. stayed at the marco polo 1 hotel in san Antonio. couldn't fault the hotel it was clean and comfortable.stayed half board and the food was fresh and plentiful. staff were happy and helpful. bed linen was changed mid week and we had fresh towels and the room was cleaned daily. was a two minute walk away from the beach and we had a fantastic pool side view that also overlooked the sea. area was lovely with plenty of bars and shops. would definitely recommend the hotel and area to anyone for a lovely, relaxing and also cheap holiday.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view if possible x
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We used Marco Polo I for a last minute holiday to Ibiza for the closing parties. The hotel was brilliant value for money, as well as being clean and comfortable. I would definitely use this hotel again if travelling on a budget. Through booking with the hotels own website we got a free bottle of wine on check-in as well.

Room Tip: Get a room on one of the top floors to prevent the trees by the pool blocking your view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Just come back from a weekend staying at Marco Polo, we went for the closing parties and went disappointed, the hotel was exactly what we needed, it is close to the strip/taxi rank, was clean and bed was decent, the pool area was really nice (just wish the weather was better so we could of enjoyed it more) overall enjoyed staying at Marco Polo and would return again, only negative I could think of was the Security guards at night were a bit intimidating and quite frankly a load of thugs

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

After coming to Ibiza last year and having a brilliant hotel. We mase the decision to try somewhere different to mix it up!!... although not the brightest building the inside was spotless and the staff were very friendly and helpful!... the only thing that we were unhappy about was that it couldve done with a new bath (wear and tear) I would certainly stay there again as it is a 5minute walk if that to the clubs/bars and close to the beach :) :)

• Stayed September 2013
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Marco Polo! Apart from a run-in with the gentleman checking us in, all the hotel staff, from reception to the pool lifeguard and housekeeping were lovely. Word of warning about checking in - if you are emailed an Accomodation Voucher then you MUST print it off to give it to reception. Our names were ticked off a list when we arrived but we still weren't allowed to get our room key as showing the email on your smartphone is not acceptable. I had to forward the email to the hotel before we could complete check-in. Bit of a palaver at 5.30am and it did give us a negative start to our stay.

Our room was a bit shabby, but clean. We were very lucky having a ground floor room overlooking the pool, the balcony was MASSIVE. I don't think our room had been used for a time, it did smell a bit musty but once we'd been there a day or so, this smell disapeared. There was a small fridge in the room, but no kettle which would have been nice. The housekeeping staff were all very friendly, giving us as many extra towels and loo roll as we needed! The shower looked pretty horrible, but it was actually gorgeous, better than my shower at home.

The pool and surroundings was lovely, cleaned and scrubbed down every morning. Plenty of sunloungers, but I would recommend getting down to the pool early as by midday the majority of them were taken. The pool bar was good value with chillout/trance music playing most of the day. They served basic food, pizza and hot dogs etc. Fab atmosphere! The lifeguard was lovely, said hello to us every day and very kindly brought us our food from the bar one day!

We hired a safe for a 10 Euro deposit and 4 Euros per day. Well worth doing for peace of mind. A/C and TV use was also a 10 Euro deposit I think, but we didn't take that up. We had room only, so I can't comment on the breakfasts.

The location was perfect for us, only 100m or so from "the egg" so very close to restaurants and bars. It's next door to Eden and Es Paradis but amazingly enough the hotel always seemed very quiet. We were never disturbed by loud music or people. It's about a 5-10 min walk from the bus station. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Ibiza for the nightlife.

Room Tip: Ground floor with pool view had the best balcony by far!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
#47 of 99 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Aparthotel Reco des Sol
Aparthotel Reco des Sol
#53 of 99 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Hotel Playasol Marco Polo I? Share your experiences!