“When quality meets perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Torralbenc

Hotel Torralbenc
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Alaior
London, United Kingdom
“When quality meets perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We spent 4 days at Torralbenc with my girlfriend and we enjoyed every single minutes! This is the type of place you want to keep secret! The hotel is extremely beautiful, the level of services is very high and the availability of the staff made our stay unique!! You will find peace and a lot of positive energy! You will be surprised by the quality of the people working there!! They'll make you feel home in 5 minutes! I celebrated my 30-year birthday there and my girlfriend received a unique support from the staff to organise everything!! I will never forget it! I really hope that Torralbenc stays as it is and that its success won't change anything because the place is just perfect like this!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank misterda

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

I would really recommend this hotel. Beautifully decorated, amazing setting, friendly staff, great location close to airport although you would never know it and to the caves for an amazing sundowner setting.
My flag would be around the massages. We both booked a massage, mine an indian head massage and the masseuse was bad. Shaky hands (nerves or lack of sleep not sure) and hands smelt of cigarettes. I let the reception staff know this as they outsource the spa treatments and they kindly didn't charge. If you book a massage make sure you check on who is doing it.
Otherwise can't fault the whole set up and would return.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Couldn't be any better!! I want to thank Maria Abad and her entire staff at Torralbenc for making my trip to Minorca a very pleasant and memorable vacation. My partner and I were searching for a special place to celebrate his birthday. We were so happy we had found Torralbenc! The outstanding service started the day we arrived at the hotel until the day we left. Our entire stay was 2 weeks. All services including reception, the restaurant, room service and housekeeping went above and beyond what was expected. I will miss the staff and new friends that were made! Thank you Torralbenc for all you had done!

Room Tip: Sea VIew Room # 31. Very quiet and spacious.
1 Thank Tommyc10011
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Beyond perfection. Not only a beautiful and serene enviroment, but a staff that treats you (And feels like) family
The only negative is you may not want to venture out and experience the island because where you are feels like heaven
Breakfast is bountiful and delicious, with service to match. Likewise for lunch and dinner
Overall this hotel is an amazing find

1 Thank 21Burton
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

This is by any standards an expensive hotel. We were attracted to it because it is marketed as a luxury hotel with a Michelin starred restaurant in a quiet location striking distance from a beach.

It is comfortable, simple and new, but it is far from luxurious. I would describe it as a small, modern country hotel. The salt pool is attractive and the setting for it, and the restaurant, is lovely. Breakfast is very good, but there are also major problems.

Room: The superior double room was cramped, dark and with a low ceiling over the bed. The bathroom had no window and insufficient lighting for putting on make-up. There was a very small seating area, oddly, next to the bathroom and a small garden terrace. However the terrace was bang next to two other terraces, had other guests walking by and looked on to other rooms. It was far from private, and largely useless. In comparison to other hotels, this room is seriously over-priced.

Food: The restaurant has a way to go. There were some delightful staff here, but the food was average and it was repetitive, sometimes cold, and over a week we were served the same appetizer each night. The room/pool menu increased in price by 50% while we were there.

Service: This is the main problem. The manager was conspicuously absent. Some staff working here clearly do not want to be in the hospitality trade and some staff appeared to have little training. (This was not true of the evening restaurant manageress and her main staff). But, this is a major problem for any ‘luxury’ hotel. It was also tiring when virtually every bill I was presented with to sign had an error (in the restaurant in the evening the staff often came to check that the bill was accurate). My final bill had someone else's (very large) dinner on it.

When I went to find someone in the evening to request a glass of wine on the terrace adjoining the restaurant prior to dinner, none arrived. The room often lacked shower gel or shampoo, tumblers were often not washed. On our final day someone came out to the pool with a 'welcome' drink for new arrivals asking numerous people if they were newly arrived. When the guy next to me said yes, the waitress then asked his room number, then said to him the drinks were for another room - as he said afterwards 'that’s great, I feel really welcome now'.

Lastly, one of the things that drew me to this hotel was that it says that it is a 15 minute cycle to the beach. Reception gladly waved us off in baking heat neglecting to say that the first half km or so is very rough terrain - I mean seriously rough - and telling us that the beach was just straight on. It is not. You need a map, and it is steep. It was quite clear the member of staff did not know how to get there but did not bother to say so - not good enough.

No feedback was sought by management – this is not a good sign in a new venture.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank travelight269
Mária A, Director General at Hotel Torralbenc, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Madam,

We are very sorry to read your review and we wished you had expressed your dissatisfaction during your stay so that we could have made every possible effort to correct any problem. I spoke with you and saw you on several occasions during your visit but unfortunately you did not mention any of these inconveniences.

As you might have read in other opinions on this website and other websites, our guests are very pleased with their stay at Torralbenc and we truly wish you had felt the same way. We are very proud of the fantastic response that our new hotel has had with discerning travellers from all over the world after only three months.

We are aware that as a new hotel there are still many aspects of the service that we must work on in order to offer a perfectly smooth and seamless service. Our very well trained team is full of enthusiasm, skills and willingness to offer our guests a unique vacation. We are sorry to learn that we failed to offer you such an experience.

Your review was discussed in great depth during our staff meeting this morning in order to ensure that your comments are taken into consideration and that the mistakes you mentioned do not occur again.

We sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again, should your travels bring you back to Menorca, and allow us to proove to you that your comments have been well noted, the errors have been corrected and that you can indeed enjoy a unique vacation in this beautiful setting. Please contact me directly if you choose to return to Menorca so that I can personally handle your booking.

Kind regards from Torralbenc.

Mária Abad
Manager
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

The Torralbenc has only recently opened and with the help of this site has hopefully dealt with some of the customer service issues picked up other reviewers. We were welcomed like the King of Spain having driven through their Vineyard reminiscent of Napa Valley. It was warm enough to sit outside and enjoy the far reaching coastal view. A delightfully put together menu delivered and presented perfectly with the "owners" Rioja complimenting the food. Our guest is a Hotelier and was extremely impressed with what should become Menorca's premier boutique Hotel.
It has certainly attracted some excellent publicity which is great for the Island.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed at Torralbenc for nine days in June. On arrival we were greeted by a member of management who arranged for our luggage to be taken to our room. We then had a tour of the hotel and a run through of our room's amenities. We stayed in room seven which has a mountain view, a substantial balcony complete with two sun beds, a table and chairs, two deck chairs, a side table and a cooling wall shower. The room itself was superb. My husband had to work whilst there and Internet access in the room was excellent. The king size bed was super comfortable with quality white bedding. Wardrobe size was adequate but I did ask for extra hangers. We had two armchairs and a coffee table in the room, also a chest for suitcase storage. A turn down service is done every evening. It is great to return after dinner with a welcoming candle glowing in the room. A fresh bowl of fruit is left for you. Water is free in the room also. The bathroom had a powerful shower, a hairdryer, not wall mounted and a magnifying mirror. Products are handmade and are Rosemary based. Towelling dressing gowns and ample towels are provided. We dined in the restaurant every evening which we found to be adequate for our needs. The staff at the restaurant are exceptionally friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble for them. We also had a tour of the wine cellar whilst dining one evening. Breakfast is truly outstanding, eat in or outside, weather depending. We had superb weather so it was always outside. The choice is amazing from freshly baked breads, cheese and meat platter, fruit platter, nuts, jams and purees, juices to eggs any way you like them. This is served at the table which is always much better than a buffet type breakfast. We used the pool every day, it is one of the best pools I have ever seen at this type of hotel.The sun beds are plentiful and waiter service is available by pressing the blue call button. These are dotted around the many seating areas around the hotel. My husband used the gym every day, in his view good machines and fresh water available there also. The staff uniforms are of crisp white linens and cool trousers. They also wear matching shoes, ballet pumps for the female staff and suede loafers for the male. They look very smart yet casual at the same time. We found all staff to be very helpful from the Manageress down. My husband had to scan documents and they were only to happy to help facilitate this for him. The garden areas will improve when the shrubs mature, but are very well laid out thus far especially the walk from the car park passing the lavender covered in butterflies. We only left the hotel twice and could not wait to get back and would definitely return next year. My only gripe is I really wish it was for adults and children over twelve. On our departure day a family with small children arrived and the atmosphere changed immediately. In my opinion it is not for young children, the adults truly deserve this hotel. We had the use of a shower room after check out and your suitcases are safely stored until your departure time. When we left a member of management accompanied us to our car to say farewell, a nice touch I think.

Room Tip: We had room seven, the balcony is very large and private with a mountain view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Welshlady1957
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alaior
Melia Cala Galdana
Hotel Rural Binigaus Vell
#2 of 5 in Migjorn Gran
Artiem Carlos III Adults Only
Boutique Hotel Jardi de ses Bruixes

Been to Hotel Torralbenc? Share your experiences!