Took my two older teenagers here for a 9 night break in July 2012, absolutely beautiful hotel, first class service from the minute you walk into reception. Super rooms, we had a sea view even though it hadn’t been requested or paid for especially, which were kept spotlessly clean for the duration. Indeed, everywhere was clean and tidy, staff seemed to have been trained very well and nothing was too much trouble.
Entertainment team were great, the shows slightly amateurish but super fun; the animation team did a good job in getting everyone involved, however they weren’t pushy, if you wanted to be left alone, that was fine.
Food was amazing, something to suit everyone even the pickiest of teenagers; not that I need them, but I even saw gluten free items available on the buffet.
Location was fine for us, we didn’t however go on any trips or anything, so can’t comment on that, we did take a taxi (4 euros) into Playa Blanca one morning for a shopping trip which was very nice, but that was as far as we ventured this holiday - I was unwell :( which was nothing to do with the holiday resort though.
All round super holiday!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Dreamplace Hotels & Resorts SL, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, Onthebeach, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Lanzarote/Playa Blanca