We went away for a week on Boxing Day to incorporate New year for a family holiday. This hotel
was recommended by a friend and her description was correct. The hotel is not a 5 star but a 4 star but very clean and the staff work hard and are very pleasant, the food I couldn't complain about either, it wasn't bad at all. The room we stayed in was the size of two double bedrooms
It was the biggest room I have ever stopped in and tastefully decorated. The pool and poolareas
where cleaned every day. The hotel is situated right at the far end of Playa Blanca and 10min walk to Rubican Marina and then a little further to Playa Blanca, nice if you like a stroll after breakfast or cycle. The entertainment at night is done most nights by animation team and odd nights where outside entertainment. The only gripe I had with this hotel was a POORLY ORGANISED NEW YEARS EVE, we where told by people in the hotel that you needed to book an early sitting or a late sitting (which to be fair most hotels require you to do this at New Year & Christmas Day), we
where also told, that we had to purchase either champagne or cava to reserve a table in the
entertainment lounge or we couldn't go in!!!Cheapest bottle started at 35euros and upwards, so
to avoid our little girls disappointment on the night we had to do it under duress. After a beautiful pre dinner cocktail and a nice gala dinner, we came out and they had tenors singing off the balcony and the younger kids could go to the mini disco. But once this had finished we had to
Wait 2hrs to wait for the entertainment room to open, but hardly anywhere to sit outside as all
reserved. We didn't get in to the entertainment room till 11.30!!no bar open to get kids soft drinks ect. They however opened the bar at 12 when you had to pay!! and drinks wasn't cheap. If we had been advised about not opening till 11 we wouldn't have bothered ordering a bottle. There
Where a lot of complainants about this night at reception, even people taking there bottles back
for a refund, but when I approached management about this problem, they didn't want to know.
We have stopped at 5 star hotels before over New Year and never been asked to purchase bottles
to reserve a seat. I wouldn't have been bothered if we had got in earlier after our meal. They did fireworks early not at midnight like most hotels, so if you where on later sitting you missed them. Hopefully the hotel will learn from this big mistake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Dreamplace Hotels & Resorts SL, Booking.com, TravelUp, Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote