I stayed for a week in Dream Gran Castillo Resort with my husband and two daughters (7 and nearly 5). We had a fantastic time. The price of the holiday seemed very good value compared to all other packages we had considered so I was slightly apprehensive before we left, but the hotel exceeded my expectations on every level. Unfortunately on arrival my younger daughter ran into a glass door in the hotel lobby, the hotel manager couldn't have been more helpful and subsequently we were upgraded to a room twice the size of that which I had booked with separate bedrooms for my husband and I and the girls, each with its own sitting room area and balcony. We slept amazingly till 9am each morning which never happens at home!
The Animation team were amazing and a special mention has to go to Alex who ran the kids club who is amazing with the children and a real asset to this hotel. He also took part in the mini disco for the kids each night which they loved.
The food was typical of large international buffets, probably not 5* but there was so much choice and always fresh meat and fish being grilled that you could always find something you would like. The restaurant could get quite busy and hectic but as expected in school holidays. The Italian restaurant was also nice but I probably wouldn't go back to the on-site Chinese.
The all inclusive drinks were great, the house wine was very very drinkable and I liked that they would put the bottle on the table for you rather than serve it by the glass which you can find in some all inclusive hotels. They also had many branded spirits included in the deal.
The pools were great and our girls spent all day in and out of the pool and on the water slides with their new friends.
Only other negative point was it could get very busy round by the kids pools and sun beds would all be taken by 9am (I am not one to get up at the crack of dawn just to reserve a bed) but we always found somewhere to sit.
We also had some great photos taken of the girls which were reasonably priced.
I would definitely go back here, my only reservation is that I would have high expectations the next time based on our previous stay!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote