Just got back from our second stay at this hotel along with my wife and two young children,we have never visited the same hotel twice but we are so glad we did.
The location. The hotel is set in a quite location out of playa blanca town but either €4 in a taxi or a nice walk along the promenade will get you into the centre of Playa Blanca where there is a lovely beach,plenty to do hire the usual jet ski's, banana boat rides etc all reasonable priced as well.
The staff.All the staff are so happy and pleasant,I think it makes such a difference seeing happy staff they are always happy to help.
The rooms.The rooms are amazing in size and quality separate bath and shower, double sinks bathrobe and slippers. We have stayed on both occasions in room 3479 which is located down by the bottom pool not far from the Italian we found it worked well for us.
The Animation team they are asset to the hotel they make such a fuss of all the children and work so hard they all deserve a medal special mention to Alex who made such an impact on my children.
The food.As mentioned on my previous review the food is excellent with lots of variety and all cooked to the way you like if you want it well done then ask for it well done, the Chinese and Italian are both very nice but don't compare them to your local back home.
Overall.This is a fantastic hotel you will not be disappointed, you will not be able to please everyone, go and give it a try you will love it. Would I go again? Yes! Am I going again?Yes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Dreamplace Hotels & Resorts SL, Onthebeach, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote