We were lucky enough to return here at the end of July having stayed at Easter. In only 3 months the hotel had made numerous improvements on what was already a great hotel.
The kids slide pool was renovated.
The middle pool has been upgraded and is now adults only. It was an oasis of calm and tranquility to escape the other pools which are always a hive of activity. Complete with Caban type double beds. I felt this was a great addition to attract adults that were not travelling with children. I would not like to see the adults only pool become exclusive and carry an extra charge. Gustavo, at the pool bar of adults pool was always helpful and had a few nice chats with him. Good luck in the race Gustavo! The pool bar is limited to beer, sangria and soft drinks but what else do you need!
Wifi is now available throughout the hotel free of charge. 500mb per week. Another great improvement.
The pools were definitely warmer. Some were still a little on the cold side.
They had replaced all the sun lounger mattresses and were increasing the number of sunbeds and parasols whilst we were there.
The branded drinks included in all inclusive is very extensive. Gordons, Bacardi, Smirnoff, Jim Beam, Coke, Fanta, Sprite etc. The wine is nice.
Water was replaced every day or two in the room instead of having to go refill it yourself all the time.
Entertainment staff are amazing. Daniel runs a great crew. A special word of thanks again to our friend Alex in the kids clubs who made us and the kids feel extremely welcome back.
Can't fault food or cleanliness of hotel whatsoever.
Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote