“Excellent Hotel for Winter Sun”

TUI SENSIMAR Natura Palace & SPA
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Playa Blanca
London
“Excellent Hotel for Winter Sun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed at the hotel over New Year and were enormously impressed by it.

The location was fantastic, particularly for winter sun - we had lovely walks in both directions (to lighthouse or Playa Blanca) and the sandy beach 10 mins walk away was perfect for our 4 year old daughter.

The hotel was lovely and the mini-club was really good - light and airy and Natalie was great with our daughter.

We had a spacious room. The only downside was the teeny tiny ants but they didn't really bother us, more of a slight annoyance. Our room probably would have benefited from re-decoration but I'd rather have slightly faded quality than shiny tat to be honest. We also had what must have been the only hotel room which benefited from the free wifi (next to lift on first floor) - it was also very quiet. We had emailed in advance to request a quiet room with a view and they were very accommodating.

The food was fine - I wouldn't say it was amazing and I would be going a bit stir crazy after two weeks but everything was done well, it just got a little repetitive.

The only thing that would put me off returning was that the pools were pretty cold and I'd prefer a heated pool in winter.

Other people were mainly older couples, which didn't bother us. Despite having a child I didn't really want a full on child focused hotel, so this was the right balance.

Room Tip: Next to the lift on first floor - at some points in the room you get the free wifi.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank frailty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (765)
  • Polish first
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks including new year. This is our 6th time and the experience gets better every time! The receptionists are extremely helpful as are all of the staff. It was good to see the Maitre D challenging people who did not wait to be seated at breakfast and dinner. The food seems to get better each time we visit with plenty of choices.

We went for a walk up the volcano behind the hotel which was well worth the effort as the views are amazing. Wear sensible shoes though as it is quite a steep incline.

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view.
2 Thank jabkent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

This was our first time to Lanzarote and this hotel, it came very well recommended, and on meeting some other guests during our stay it would seem lots of people make repeat visits. Our room was on the side of the hotel, not the favoured inner sanctum! However, it was quiet and had a sea view and the sun shone on our balcony until sunset. The reception team were helpful and we would suggest you use their knowledge if you want to get out and about, for example we wanted to go to the market at Teguise on the Sunday, reception arranged for us go door to door at a very reasonable price with a local company. The Hotel backs onto a long walkway which will take you into Playa Blanca, it's a good stretch of the legs but we managed this most evenings. There are other hotels nearer and they did not look dissimilar to the Natura Palace. We ate all meals at the hotel, and there was a good enough choice each day, our only irritation was the seating arrangements. It was expected that guests waited at the entrance to be seated, most people did, but at each meal we saw many people just walking in to bag their favourite tables, mostly those clients I observed who had been before, and seemed to be known by the staff. Consequently the nicer tables by the windows were never on offer to those of us playing by the rules! We just let it go, but I imagine for some people it could be a spoiler!! To summarise it is a pleasant hotel, in a quiet area, suitable for a short break, we would return, and might spend more time looking at the Island - would we 'request' an inner room? Yes maybe we would!

Room Tip: We were told the rooms 3rd floor and centre of hotel were the most popular.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jenclone
Hatfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed at the hotel in August 2012 with our two children aged 7 and 5, this was there first holiday abroad and I don't think we could have chosen a better hotel. We had a fantastic time and loved every minute of our stay. The quality and choice of food was excellent. The hotel is kept spotlessly clean and our rooms were cleaned to a high standard each day!
Would definitely book this hotel again without hesitation.
The only negative was the Thomson rep who was "wet behind the ears" in my opinion
Five months on our children are still recounting their stay at the natura palace and want to go back this summer!

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor if you have children travelling with you
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HughesysNorthHerts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

I spent Christmas and New Year here and overall I enjoyed my stay. The receptionists were very good and reacted swiftly to our queries and problems with cockroaches. We had a free room upgrade and found ourselves with a lovely big room with fantastic views of the gardens and sea. However, we also had fantastic close up views of cockroaches in the room. This was rectified by a tin of cockroach spray but having to do cockroach patrol each night was tiresome!
The food was ok - not a massive amount of choice but you could find something to eat and the desserts were lovely. Not sure why we had to wait to be seated each time we went to dine.
Pool area was lovely with plenty of sun loungers. We found that people did put their towels on the beds to reserve them but it wasn't a big issue as there were plenty. The pool bar was good - lovely food and service was excellent.
The maid service was ok - not great though. Beds were made each day but the bins were not always emptied, the floor not mopped or swept.
The experience was ok but I've stayed in better hotels.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Em_and_Jan
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

My wife and I spent a week on half board in this hotel in mid January. We had looked at it last year while staying in an adjacent hotel and liked the general ambience of the place. We were not disappointed after this year's stay and will definitely consider returning next year.
The staff were well turned out and very curteous and helpful whenever we required any assistance, so much so when we asked for a change of rooms the staff accommodated us the following day.
The general decor was of a high standard and the floors in the hotel public areas were clean and well polished and there was no areas requiring maintenance of any sort.
The food was more than adequate, well prepared and presented in a hygienic fashion and the catering and serving staff were friendly, helpful and most importantly clean and well turned out. There was no shortage of wholesome food although if I could find fault, the heated plates were not always that warm (this is only a minor complaint!).
The pool area was more than adeqate for the numbers in the hotel although the unheated pools did not tempt my swimming abilities.
On arrival at the hotel we were given a handout, explaining most of the protocols for our stay and one which I thought was extremely useful was the prohibition of placing towels on the sun loungers before 9.00am. This did apparently work in most cases and considering the large numbers of German guests staying in the hotel it was indeed a surprise to actually find sun loungers easy to obtain!
Our room over looking the pool and sea was spotless, the daily maid service was first class and the beds were very comfortable.
I would rate this hotel 3.5 - 4 star.
All in all a most enjoyable week.

Room Tip: Request a room over looking pool as most rooms have a sea view, some of them not all that exciting
5 Thank Moira51
Eckington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Well this must be at least the 5th time at Natura Palace. It is not that I do not go to other places, but I know what I like and that is service, good food, great staff and a fantastic views. The staff were great as I say and it is good to see that so many of them are still there. It was interesting that on this occasion, the hotel manager was present on one of the evenings just making sure that standards were maintained. I know that it is a little bit of a walk out of Playa Blanca, but that will do you no harm. The food is great and unless you are really "picky" and need to be a little more "realistic", then there is something for everyone. I have been to lots of places and if I stayed somewhere else in Lanzarote, I would probably regret it. (By the way I have stayed in other places in Playa Blanca - but that was before I stayed in NP. There is a tendency to be lots of other nationalities, especially northern europeans. But the staff know who are who and that is all I will say on that matter. I believe that I spent my money wisely and had yet another fanastic time at Natura Palace. By the way if you are english, then you can hire kettles for early morning tea. Apparently, you are not now allowed to have cups and saucers from the restaurant in your room. But if you talk to the Maitre'd nicely they are available. (If the manager reads this I had nothing).

Room Tip: Do not accept a room that overlooks the extension. All the rooms have fantastic views, but there are...
2 Thank Bogey567
#12 of 38 in Playa Blanca
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,875 reviews
Barcelo Teguise Beach - Adults only
Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca

Been to TUI SENSIMAR Natura Palace & SPA? Share your experiences!