“excellent hotel”

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“excellent hotel”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just spent 10 days at this wonderfull hotel. Everything about it is first class.
The food was plentiful, the staff were always helpfully & the rooms were spotless.
We would definitely be going back next year. The only thing that we had a problem was the air conditioning in the room or should I say lack of. The air conditioning hardley blew any cool air at all
And at night time the heat in the room was unbearable.

2 Thank lynnette s
HIPOTELScanarias, Quality Manageress Canaries at TUI SENSIMAR Natura Palace & SPA, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear guest,
thank you for your time writing a review and specially for the great score given.
Hoping having the pleasure to welcome you back again,
very best regards from all the Team at the Hotel Hipotels Natura Palace.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (779)
  • Polish first
Wiltshire
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was our first visit to Lanzarote and this hotel was an excellent choice. The food is of very good quality with ample choice. The staff are very friendly and the is hotel spotlessly clean and we did not have any problems in finding spare sun beds. It is about a 30 minute stroll into Playa Blanca OK in the daytime but just a bit too far for an evening stroll if you want to sample the night life. However taxis are reasonable only 3.5 euros to the port and 5.5 euros to the marina. Unfortunately we only booked for one week but next time we will stay for two. The hotel is geared to the more mature customer but it suited my wife and I just fine.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to have some sea view and get the sun at various times. We had 1034 and we would...
1 Thank WiltshireThomas
HIPOTELScanarias, Quality Manageress Canaries at TUI SENSIMAR Natura Palace & SPA, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your time, your nice comments and your rating!
We are happy to read only one week was not enought for you and that you are already planning to visit us for a longer stay. This is the is the highest praise a guest can do!!!
Looking forward to welcoming you soon back,
very best regards from all the team of the Hotel Hipotels Natura Palace.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have just spent the last week staying at the Natura Palace. It is a very well kept hotel and exceptionally clean. The rooms are a good size and the beds are comfy. The food in the restaurant is plentiful, very nice but not excellent. The fish was always over cooked and the meat tough but the salads were fresh and varied as was the fruit. There was plenty of choice at breakfast and a free Bucks Fizz was available daily at the entrance to the dining area. All the staff are extremely friendly but I do think they are overworked and perhaps under staffed. The pool side bar offered a good selection of tasty dishes with ample portions at reasonable prices should you choose to eat there at lunchtime. The main bar caters for most people serving very nice cocktails to Herbal teas. The walk into Playa Blanca took just over 35 minutes along the promenade with beautiful views along the way. The evening entertainment was poor but after a long tiring day we were happy to go to our room. We went on the day excursion organised by Thomson called 'Lanzarote Uncovered' and it was one of the most enjoyable days we have ever had whilst on holiday. It is the first time we have visited Lanzarote, it is a beautiful island and staying at a lovely hotel made it a memorable holiday.

1 Thank Hazel R
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your time in letting us know your feelings on your first stay in Lanzarote and with us. We take note of all your suggestions and will work on keep improving.
Hoping to welcome you back soon,
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Beautiful Hotel, lovely gardens and the staff were great. Meals in the restaurant were very good and always plenty of choice, the waiters, waitresses, chefs were all efficient and hard working and very friendly. Nice touches as well, for example there was always complimentary Bucks Fizz at breakfast time and a couple of evenings as well along with Rum cocktails one night.

The rooms were very clean and lovely comfortable beds. Another nice touch were towelling robes in the bathroom. We had a room overlooking the pools and could actually wake up and see the sea from our bed.

There were plenty of sunbeds around the pool and gardens and there always seemed to be plenty of free ones.

There was good entertainment in the evening with everything ranging from singers to magicians and acrobats.

All in all I would definitely use this Hotel again and certainly recommend it to friends.

7 Thank Elaine H
HIPOTELScanarias, Quality Manageress Canaries at TUI SENSIMAR Natura Palace & SPA, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your nice words and for the time taken to write them.
We are ver pleased to read you would recommend and come back and hope your comments encourage many more guests to visit us.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon,
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Recently spent a week at this hotel and had a wonderful time.
The food was amazing and we all ate far too much!
The staff were very attentive, nothing was too much trouble. Excellent service!
The walk into Playa Blanca took around an hour as our 6 year old son never wanted to rush.
This is the first place it the Canaries that we were not hassled to either come into the restaurants or bars and no one tried to sell us timeshares!
The beach was around fifteen minutes walk from the town, shallow and very clean.
We ate in the Marina a few times in a small tapas bar and the food was excellent and reasonably priced.
We went on a catamaran hired at the Marina, our only grip was we were told there would be snorkeling equipment and fishing rods aboard however once on board they didn't have any. We still had a great afternoon despite this.
Overall we had a wonderful relaxing holiday, the hotel and the entertainment is probably more focused on adults than families with small children although our 6 year old was always made a fuss of by the staff.
Would definitely recommend this hotel and resort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank helen p
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your nice comments on your stay with us. We are very glad to read you would recommend us and come back, wich we hope to be soon.
Looking forward to welcoming you back,
best regards from all the team at the Hotel Hipotels Natura Palace.
Bucks
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have coming to this hotel for a number of years and I absolutely love it but unfortunately in my view things have changed in the last 6 months and I am sad to say the service in the restaurant and the food quality is nowhere near as good as it used to be.
Just before my last day I complained to the manager and the very next day I almost had my coffee thrown at me. I travel alone and felt very intimidated by the waiters and the female head waiter, not the normal head waiter.
I will give you some examples of why I had to complain......
On more than 5 occasions I have had to wait for food to be replaced, not just the hot food but also the fruit. They used to be much quicker, you wouldn't even notice.
The meat in the dishes has been tough and chewy. It always used to be so nice it would melt in your mouth, the food in the paella pan is always stuck to the pan or the spoon and would by dry and crusty.
The salmon salad had big bones in it (I know fish has bones but if this has been flaked and mixed in a salad then more care should have been taken)
The ice cream looks more like a milk shake and tonight the ice cream wasn't even cold. Also tonight there was no water to wash the ice cream scoop so all flavours had been mixed and no tongs to pick up the cones so people had to use there hands, very un hygienic . On the point of the ice cream on a previous night I actually asked one of the chefs (a lady) to replace the ice cream that had melted and she simply took a tub from underneath and put the melted one in it's place. When she put the new ice cream out it had already been used and looked like it had melted and refrozen, in fact I know it was because I had seen them do it before.

I have mentioned the issues with regards to the paella and the ice cream to Olga ( guest communications ) and she told me to "maybe come to dinner a little earlier" so I did. It has made no difference.
Yesterday the chef cooking the fish was very rude to me when I asked him what the fish was like his reply was "it's just a white fish". No smile, no hello, nothing. In fact he looked at me as if to say I don't care.
One morning when I asked a waiter for more coffee he snapped at me. I haven't asked again.
Another morning I had actually finished my breakfast before I was asked if I wanted a coffee, in fact it was the head waiter that noticed I hadn't been served. He was always kind.
The plates are not being cleared from the table quick enough so you have to tidy up and make some room to put your plate down.
There seems to be less chefs and waiters than previous years and they are clearly overworked, they just do not have time to help the guests.
I will say the reception staff were fantastic and very helpful and the gym equipment has been replaced

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
19 Thank Julie E
HIPOTELScanarias, Quality Manager Canaries at TUI SENSIMAR Natura Palace & SPA, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear guest,
thank you very much for the time taken writing your feelings of your stay with us.
We are very sorry to know in this occasion we did not achive your expectations. We will certainly take good note of your suggestions and work on them to carry on improving.
Looking forward to having the chance to welcome you again,
best regards,
all the Team at the Hotel Hipotels Natura Palace.
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Recently had a two week holiday in the Natura Palace Hotel-Llanzarote. Fabulous hotel - very
friendly staff - nothing too much trouble. Lovely location if a little bit out of Playa Blanca - no trouble if you like walking. The promenade was incredible - stretched from Lighthouse all the way to Papagayo - roughly 5 miles - a delightful walk and well worth doing.

The hotel itself was very pretty with colourful gardens and very quite and peaceful.

This hotel would suit an older age group (not particularly great for children although there were a few families with young children).

All in all a lovely hotel in a perfect location - would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool and sea view - but most rooms had a good view from all vistas.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Marilyn P
HIPOTELScanarias, Quality Manageress Canaries at TUI SENSIMAR Natura Palace & SPA, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your time and the nice words regards your stay with us. We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay and hope your comments encourage many guests to visit us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back,
best regards from all the Team at Hotel Hipotels Natura Palace.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Blanca
#13 of 38 in Playa Blanca
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,946 reviews
Barcelo Teguise Beach - Adults only
Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca

Been to TUI SENSIMAR Natura Palace & SPA? Share your experiences!